Creating a Web Service Proxy

I'm hoping this is an easy question for anybody with any experience creating Web Services.  I’m trying to first learn how to accomplish creating a web service proxy without using VS.NET tools.  Once I understand this process, then I’ll learn how to get the same result with VS.NET.

First I copied the wsdl.exe file from one of the Visual Studio.NET 2002 subdirectories into the Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322 directory. I did so, because my "Path" environmental variable already points to this directory (where my csc.exe and vbc.exe files are located).
My Beginning ASP.NET book instructs me to "navigate to the directory in which your .asmx file resides, and execute this statement":
> wsdl /l:cs /o:ISBNProxy.cs http://localhost/BegASPNET/Ch18/ISBN.asmx?WSDL /n:ISBNService
I execute this statement by creating a .bat file with the language provided above (minus the prompt and plus a "pause" at the end) and placing it in the directory with the .asmx file. Unfortunately, when I attempt to execute this .bat file by double-clicking on it, I receive the following error message:
'wsdl' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
I'm dead in the water, and I would greatly appreciate any help that anybody can provide.
Thank you in advance for reviewing this problem!!!
0
cjo30080

1)

This path is only used when you open your command prompt with the Visual Studio .NET 2003 Command Prompt shortcut.
If you double click on your bat file, this Path variable is not loaded (only the standard ones)
2) Put your bat file in the same folder as the wsdl.exe and execute the bat file
Ps:
In a real situation you can not put the proxy generating code in the same folder as the asmx file because the asmx file is located on the remote server

3) use your ISBNProxy.cs in the client that you are building
0
Diministrator

create valid xml to send to web service based on the schema provided by web service
Problem: I have a web page which is being populated from a dataset containing multiple tables.  I now need to call a web service and send the majority of this data to be incorporate into a mainframe system.  I have been supplied with the schema that the web service will be using to validate the data.  I am new to web services and I am not sure how to take my existing dataset and transform it into an xml document that matches the schema I was provided with. There is a main schema with an element which is a custom complex type.  This custom type consists of an element whi...

New to web services, why does PB10 web service proxy wizard say there are no services?
here... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl oops typo... still doesn't show any services though... http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2005-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl "Chance" <chance@booklog.com> wrote in message news:43b44cb3$1@forums-1-dub... > here... > > http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/205-10-05/AWSECommerceService.wsdl > Upgraded to 10.2x and now seems to be working...at least it created the proxy. "Chance" <chance@booklog.co...

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

How i create web services & call web services?
Give me the solution of how i create webservices & call it and what is purpose of web services ?? PlsGuree  >how i create webservicesVery much the same as creating a new web site site - it is just a different project type. > & call it andAdd a web reference to an existing project to consume the web service.>what is purpose of web services ??To send and receive data.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped. &...

how to create web service that create xml files availible for web application
Hi epxerts im new in web service. I have a web link which contains nothing when you visit that web link. But when you view the source it will show the xml source in it. I want to create that xml file through web service and make these xml files availible for my application. Best RegardsShaukat Waqar...

Creating an XML Web Service Proxy
Is it possible to build a web service proxy class without Visual Studio.Net, or even WSDL.exe? It seems that my version of the .Net Framework does not have the WSDL executable...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Mattace, I'd presume that might be because you only have the .NET Framework redistributable, not the .NET Framework SDK. Tomas Restrepo [MVP]tomasr@mvps.org WSDL is XML document. You should be able to write the WSDL document if you have all the details of Web Services, Web methods, parameters and return type. Here is wsdl specification http://www.w3.org/TR/...

Is web services a part of web Service?

Creating Web Service
Hello everyone, I am creating a new web service, and was wondering what you all thought the advantages and disadvantages of creating it using a Web Site vs using a Web Application Project...thoughts?  Is one better than the other in terms of deployment?  Is one better for development and debugging? Thanks! Hi d_helland, To understand which one is prefer to your situation, please read the following two articles. What's New in Web Projectshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/f7fb46ye(VS.80).aspx Introduction to Web Application Projectshttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en...

Web resources about - Creating a Web Service Proxy - asp.net.xml-web-services

Londonistan: How Britain is Creating a Terror State Within - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The book encompasses a critique of multiculturalism , alleged weak policing, cultural relativism , and what Phillips calls a 'victim culture'. ...

Facebook’s Matt Kelly Describes Process Of Creating Plugin For WordPress
The plugin for WordPress launched by Facebook in June has been downloaded more than 180,000 times, and Engineer, Developer Relations Matt Kelly ...

Creating Online Ads that Drive Brand Awareness
New research shows how the creative elements of online ads impact brand awareness.

Bug - Creating a Video.Watches Action stopped working - Facebook-Entwickler
Since today executing a POST on a me/video.wacthes endpoints no longer works, it was working around 10 hours ago since then the call always returns ...

Facebook Creating Fourth-Party Privacy Rules for Facebook Connect Widget & Plugin Developers
In a recently-written post on the Facebook Developers Wiki, Facebook had added new rules for information sharing between websites that have implemented ...

The Obama campaign won by creating their own Facebook, with unique features for political campaigns.
... seen as too dangerous to nominate someone who is so thoroughly narcissistic, arrogant and dishonest. The Obama campaign won basically by creating ...

Creating A Great Startup Culture
... with any Bay Area startup these days (ping pong, beer on tap, catered lunches and Macbook Airs) – though these things are, of course, Creating ...

WIRED Creating the Nebula for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get WIRED Creating the Nebula on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Nets of freedom creating mesh networks 03.07.2013 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Strelka Institute photo's photos on Flickr. Strelka Institute photo has uploaded 14526 photos to Flickr.

Creating the incorrigible Cartman - YouTube
"South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone were big fans of "All in the Family," a 1970s CBS sitcom. Perhaps this is why their most incorrigible ...