county lookup web service or web services directory

I am trying to find a web service that allows me to look up a user's county based on their address.  I've searched for that and also for a directory of web services to search but neither has given me any results.  Do any of you know of a service that would provide this information?  Or a go ws directory I could start with?  Thanks.
0
cakewalkr7

If you are looking for country information based on the IP address then look at this article http://blog.g9th.com/2007/02/13/using-geoipservice-of-webservicex.aspx

Thanks

Mark post(s) as "Answer" that helped you

Electronic Screw
Website||Blog||Dub@i.net
0
e_screw
3/13/2007 1:48:41 PM

try this out

http://www.geekpedia.com/prog_ttrls.php?id=75

I have some issues  with this, I guess one year back then I remove it from my web site. recently one of my friend told me that he is using this service and it is working great.

 please also give me your feedback

cheers

Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped.
http://www.aghausman.net
0
aghausman12
3/13/2007 1:50:52 PM
Thanks guys, but I'm looking for a web service that will give me back the county, not country.  Thanks.
0
cakewalkr7
3/13/2007 8:59:23 PM

What are you looking for? County from Postcode? Town/City?  And why the county in particular?

Regards Mike
[MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]
My site
0
Mikesdotnetting
3/13/2007 9:34:40 PM
In Ohio, there are many zip codes that have 2 counties in one zip so the only way to get the county is an entire address lookup.  We have to start charging sales tax and need to know the county to know what rate to charge.
0
cakewalkr7
3/13/2007 11:43:47 PM

Check these two webservices

Address Verification: http://www.webservicex.net/WCF/ServiceDetails.aspx?SID=24

Zip Code: http://www.webservicex.net/WCF/ServiceDetails.aspx?SID=35

Thanks

Mark post(s) as "Answer" that helped you

Electronic Screw
Website||Blog||Dub@i.net
0
e_screw
3/14/2007 5:50:59 AM
Thanks, but the 2nd one doesn't give me a county and the first one isn't working.  Based off the error message I get, it looks like one of their references has changed or something since they released that service.
0
cakewalkr7