consume coldfusion web service in asp.net using soap request

Hi

I need invoke a web service which is written in coldfusion from an asp.net page using soap request. anyone has done this before?
a sample code will be great help! thanks in advance!!

0
zhou

hi
Anyone know how to send a soap request to a wsdl web service with parameters? I am hammering this for the last few days with no luck
0
zhou
9/13/2005 8:07:52 AM
See...You have to write SOAP Envelope and give SOAP Action as WebService URL.
Pass this SOAP to server using XMLHTTP or any suitable methos you find.
Suppose you have one webservice having a
function Add(fNo as Integer,sNo as Integer)
then you can call this using soap as
First create SOAP envelope like

xmlstr =" <soap:Envelope xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance' xmlns:xsd='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema' xmlns:soap='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/'> "
                      xmlstr =xmlstr +  "<soap:Body> "
                      xmlstr =xmlstr +  "<Add xmlns='http://LMS/Content/dmService/'> "
                       xmlstr =xmlstr +  "<fNo>  + this.learnerid +  </fNo> "
                      xmlstr =xmlstr +  "<sNo>  +this.scoid +  </sNo> "
                      xmlstr =xmlstr +  "</Initialize>"
                       xmlstr =xmlstr +  "</soap:Body>"
                      xmlstr =xmlstr +  "</soap:Envelope> "

Then load this XML in ActiveXObject or create XML document and send this request to your webservice...
If SOAP format is ok then you will get X'pected response.

Hope this helps..

Never Ever Overloaded
0
n_e_o
9/13/2005 12:07:11 PM
Have you tried using the    wsdl.exe   command on the cold fusion web service end point?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cptools/html/cpgrfWebServicesDescriptionLanguageToolWsdlexe.asp

It is used to generate proxy's in either C# or VB.NET given a WSDL file.

Typical Cold Fusion services have a url similar to:

http://www.foo.com/MyService.cfc

All you need to do (typically) to get the WSDL is append  ?wsdl  to the end of the URL.

http://www.foo.com/MyService.cfc?wsdl

Rob Chartier
ASP/ASP.NET MVP
AspInsiders Member
http://weblogs.asp.net/rchartier
0
Rob

Consuming a .NET web service in Delphi 2010 using a service reference
Hi, I've been asked to modify one of my existing applications (D2010 Win32) to interact with a web service written under VS2010/.Net 4. The information I have so far is :- "As communication is secured by .NET WsHttpBinding data encrypting, In order to consume it you have to add to your application a Service Reference (not a web reference) that joins the service available at the URL: http://ctm.mobilling.it/SmsComApi/Sms.svc . Assuming that the binding created in your app.confing is named "WSHttpBinding_ISms" you have to instantiate a client as shown below: {c...

Consuming Web service from .net 3.5 web application using ajax
Hi , Before in .net 2005 ,I use to consume the  web service from client side via Ajax and java script. that's just adding web service inside the script manger services.But  it was not possible with .net 2008 version WEB APPLICATION   , Even it works well with .net 2008 web sites. Please help me to solve the issue. I have no idea what you mean. Please post the code that "does not work". NC...   I have the same problem.  I have a .NET 3.5 Web Application not Web Site.  I fully qualify the web service with the namespace i,e,  &n...

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

What do non-.net users need to do to consume a .net web service?
Hello, I'm very new to web service world and haven't had much chance to do much reading on theory and architecture yet. So I'm asked to create one for someone external to my organization (still inside my company). I make one, test it, deploy it, consume it. Go me. It was very easy within my comfortable .net shop. However, the intended consumer is not a .Net shop (J2EE). I was under the impression that if I sent in a GET request to the asmx file, I would get XML back. This turned out to be not the case and I had to use the proxy file to prove that I could consume the service. S...

Consuming Web Services using C#.NET
Hi, This is my first experience with SOAP webservices and I'm having problem in calling a function via SOAP web services. I have add the web services by following the steps provided in msdn: add web reference, put in the uri, press enter, etc... However, when I try to invoke the Login method. The return object is always null. Below is the extracted web services wsdl:- <wsdl:operation name="Login"> <soap:operation soapAction="" /> - <wsdl:input name="LogReq"> <soap:body use="literal" /> </wsdl:input> - &...

Consuming .net xml web service in PHP
I have developed .net xml web service. I want a develope php client to access this web service. I dont have much knowledge about PHP. The web service i wrote accepts two string parameters FirstName and LastName, and returns string like Welcome (FisrstName)__(LastName) to web service. The sample php client code i am trying is as below: <?php require_once('nusoap.php'); $parameters = array ("FirstName"=>"Russel", "LastName"=>"Arnold"); // Create a new Soap object $soapclient = new soapclient('http://testwebservice/Servi...

How to use a ColdFusion client to a WSE .NET web service?
How to use a ColdFusion client to a WSE .NET web service? thanks...

Re: Using XML Web Service in VS.NET
Dear all, I added a "test.asmx" file in my current project and I coded all Web Method in the test.asmx.cs in VS.NET. Now I want to ask how can I call the web methods in other C# Class? Suppose the class name of the asmx is "test". How can I instantiate the object of that class? Regards, Joe someone can correct me on this.... i hav done a walkthrough using XML webservice. I have created a windows application that can call methods from the webservice, with the use of a dataset in the webservice. after "adding a web reference" to my windows appli...

new UsernameToken exception from web page that consumes web service using soap
I've the following problem, that is generating a UsernameToken in an asp.net page:1) a web service (.net 1.1, WSE 2.0 SP3) that requires soap authentication with myUsernameTokenManager implementation 2) a winForm client (.net 1.1, WSE 2.0 SP3) that consumes the web service passing a UsernameToken in the Soap messages. 3) a web client that does the same as the winForm client but with error when generating the UsernameToken to add to the SoapContext. Here is the piece of code: UsernameToken tok = new UsernameToken(CurrentUser.Instance.UserID, CurrentUser.Instance.Password, Passwor...

Changing URL in web.config for web service
I added a web reference to asmx file. In web.config - it adds - undefinedadd key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test/CoreServices.asmx I then change it to <add key="CoreService.CoreServices" value="http://test2/CoreServices.asmx"/> But CoreService.CoreServices still looks for http://test/CoreServices.asmx.  What else do i have to change? I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ I think CoreService.CoreServices are hard coded into the source code.  Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ So no ...

Web resources about - consume coldfusion web service in asp.net using soap request - asp.net.xml-web-services

ColdFusion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing , ColdFusion is the name of a commercial rapid web application development platform invented by Jeremy and JJ Allaire in 1995. (The ...

Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Internet: ColdFusion
Adobe ColdFusion - Publishers of ColdFusion. Product description, support, knowledgebase, FAQ, news, and updates. About.com on Cold Fusion - ...

An interview with ColdFusion co-creator Jeremy Allaire
... our series of investigations into interesting programming languages Computerworld talks to one of the creators of web development tool, ColdFusion ...

Adobe patches vulnerabilities in ColdFusion, Flex and Flash Player, including a zero-day flaw
Adobe Systems released security patches Tuesday for ColdFusion, Flex and Flash Player, the latter addressing a flaw for which is an exploit is ...

New victims inducted into botnet preying on websites running ColdFusion
... that collects payment card data and other sensitive information by preying on websites running poorly secured installations of Adobe's ColdFusion ...

ColdFusion becomes latest Adobe attack vector, again
... the way. Last week Reader was under attack . Now this week brings a new security flaw, and also a new (or old) target in the form of ColdFusion, ...

Adobe warns of actively exploited ColdFusion flaws
Adobe Systems warned users of its ColdFusion application server software that hackers are reportedly exploiting unpatched vulnerabilities in ...

Coldfusion Articles on Engadget
Coldfusion articles, stories, news and information.

Adobe ColdFusion 10: Eight Reasons Developers Need to Use It
On May 15, Adobe Systems officially released Adobe ColdFusion 10 software, the companys premier server-side technology designed to allow developers ...

Urgent security patches for ColdFusion, Adobe Reader, Acrobat and Flash
Adobe's May Patch Tuesday brings a flurry of security updates that close various critical security holes. Administrators who manage ColdFusion ...