Client:Soap client is not initialized

I am using the followin code:

<code>
Dim
objSoap

objSoap = Server.CreateObject("MSSOAP.SoapClient30")

objSoap.connectorproperty("AuthUser") = "fred"

objSoap.connectorproperty("AuthPassword") = "barney"

objSoap.mssoapinit("http://ws1.smartinfo.ca/Chap18Service/calculator.asmx?WSDL")

lblMessage.Text = objSoap.add(8, 9)

objSoap = Nothing
</code>

To figure out how to use simple credentials for secured web services (Yes it is very simple... I am learning).

I keep getting an error:

Client:Soap client is not initialized

Any Idea what is causing it and/or how to make this code work?

Thanks.

Ask One/Answer One.
0
jmurdock

Sending SOAP attachments from Axis client to .NET web service
Hi all, I have an Apache Axis client that sends an attachment using javax.activation.DataHadler class. The web service is to be built in VB .NET and it will do a conversion to PDF and back the attachment to the client. My question is fairly simple: How can a .NET web service handle the attachment being sent to it as a DataHandler object from a java client? Can this be done? if not then how can i send an attachment from java client(axis) to a .NET web service? base64 encoding is not an option. This is my client side code:  public boolean transform(final boolean doTheDIME, S...

xml stream from client to xml web service
I'm trying to send a serialized object based of an xsd to an xml web service by an xml stream. I've serialized it into a MemoryStream and trying to sent it to the service that I've made. The service should except this xml stream and create a serialized class of his own.   Giving the fact that I need to pass the Object as an xml stream, is it a good choisse to take a MemoryStream class for me? Trying to pass the MemoryStream instance made at the client side I get a compilation error as the instance made at the client side is recognized as a System.Io.MemoryStream while the argum...

(for Bruce) XML with complex types in SOAP envelope fails in PB web service client
Hi Bruce, I have a web service developed in WSAD which takes XML as input and outputs XML. Can this service be consumed by Powerbuilder, I tried and it fails. Soap Request get convered from RPC/literal style into RPC/Encoding automaticaly. Do you think PB can send and receive XML as a SOAP message ? If yes how ? It has complex types in it. Please help, Thanks, Dinesh Generally XML is exactly what you send in a SOAP message. That (rather than structures) is generally what I return from mine, and sometimes use as the arguments to. Are you sure it's XML (i.e. a formatted stri...

.NET CLIENT TO ACCESS a non. NET WEB SERVICE
I develop in .net and need to create a web client to connect to a web service built in Java. http://xchainj.com:8080/axis/services/ScsEnvirodatWaterQualityIndexServiceSoap Its pretty easy when the web service was also built in .net. You can just create a web reference with the gui and automatically can see its functions and stuff. when i put this url in the box and hit go i dont get to see its functions. maybe this shouldnt be the url of the WSDL?? I Have no idea. Im very new to all of this. If there are any examples of .net clients connecting to non .net web clients it woul...

WS-Security with VS.NET 2005 Web Service and .NET 1.1 Client
We ship a webservices client piece into the field which is required to run on the .NET 1.1 version of the framework, this is defined by our business people and cannot change. We would like to work with .NET 2.0 in VS.NET 2005 for the backend Web Service piece. We are able to get the 2 to communicate fine and it is not a problem. The issue now is that we need to introduce security through WS-Security. I have not been able to find much information about interop between the 2 environments and WS-Security and cannot get the security elements to be invoked in VS.NET 2005. Currently we are trying ...

Issue with clients consuming a web service that was upgraded from .NET 1.1 to .NET 3.5
I am currently working with an application that was converted from Visual Studio 2003 to Visual Studio 2008 and we are having issues with a client consuming the web service portion of the application.  The web services were written in .NET 1.1 using the Web Services Enhancements 2.0 and was upgraded to use the .NET 3.5 framework.  One of our clients application, which is still written in .NET 1.1 was reference the upgraded web service and tried to consume the web service and received the following error: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Se...

Web Service Client for Sharepoint Web Service Lists.asmx
Can retrieve lists on home page but not deeped. For example, http://myportal/default.aspx works with Web Reference http://myportal/_vti_bin/Lists.asmxHowever, I need a list from this page http://myportal/C6/Facility%20Rentals/default.aspxand the only Web Reference that i can get close is http://myportal/C6/_vti_bin/Lists.aspxand this one can not see the List I need. I have the correct List and View GUID hexnumbers. Please help!!!!! I have also tried the List Data Retrieval Service   DspSts.asmx and am not able to return any listsexcept for top level lists. Please help. Dim stsQu...

Client .NET Web Service Java
 Hi, I am reading some docs about Web Services and I have some questions,  1) If I have a Web service wrote in Java, Can I use it from a asp or a Windows form??2) If It's not possible, and the webservice only have to recive 2 parameters (for instance add(int a, int b)) can I write myself the SOAP message and pass it to the Java WebService?? I'm not sure about all of this, because to make a client for a webservice you only have to know what parameters are needed. Thanx for your help! Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click...

Consuming a PHP Web Service from a .NET client
It is posible to consume a PHP Web Service from a .NET client ? If it is, could someone please send me a code sample ?   Im trying for a couple hours and I cant get it right....   Thanks !L. SkynyrdPlease, mark as answer when appropriate Hi,from client prospective (the webservices consumer) it does not matter that it is a .net webservice, java one or php one.Your problem probably is that you cannot add a web reference to that php webservice , since it does not have the description files(DISCO and WSDL files). So what you could do to workaround this to create your own dummy ....

authenticate a client on initial connection to my web service?
Dear all, Would anyone from experience would be able to point few examples of how i can make sure that the clients contacting me requesting my web services are proper clients? More after a corporate level authentication. I would use this to make sure that the client requesting access can access the web service and also to monitor how many connections each client has done to my service. Cheers DanDan maybe predistribute keys to the clients that i can use to verify the correctness on the server side?Dan...

Perl client for soap web service rpc
--0-1523712995-1263807735=:87288 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii HI ALL!!! I'm new with Perl in general, a newbie!! I want to write a perl client for calling this web service : http://bioinformatics.istge.it:8080/axis/services/cabri.getBacteriaById?wsdl its a Soap web service RPC/encoded. Please could some of you tell me how to write such a script?!!? normally it works with an input with 2 arguments (key-value): libs and id (for example : libs = DSMZ_BACT , id = DSM_SP_9849). I'm not sure how to get the outpus ('result) Thank you very much regards ...

Does web service client need .NET runtime ?
Is it necessary to have .NET runtime installed in a PC, which acts as a consumer of a web-service ? only if your client PC is executing a .net application as opposed to say a vb 6 application, but if it is a vb 6 application that is consuming web service you would probably need some other com dlls to support the soap. if your client is a web application same applies, old asp web app consuming web service would require the proper com dlls (I don't know what they are), or if web app is aspx .net already no worries. If you are calling or consuming Webservice into .Net platform Client the...

How to use a PHP client to a WSE .NET web service?
I'm using username token without encryption WSE 3 features on my web service.  How can a PHP client consume my web service?  Is this a totally unheard of use case?  I can't find anything on it.Andrew L ArnottVisual Studio Platform & Ecosystem Did you ever get an answer to this and if so could you share? Having the same issue I'm afraid I didn't.  I got as far as an unencrypted, username token authentication WSE web service, but I still haven't gotten a PHP client to be able to pass the credentials in as required.You'd think this would be a more popular issue.Andre...

How to use a ColdFusion client to a WSE .NET web service?
How to use a ColdFusion client to a WSE .NET web service? thanks...

Web resources about - Client:Soap client is not initialized - asp.net.xml-web-services