Can "Add Web Reference" if web service deployed to new web site, Can't add ref if deployed to Virt Server under Default web site (Sharepoint)

I have created a web service wich I can deploy successfully to a new
IIS Web, but of course I have to set the port to something other than
80 (and I'd rather just use a virtual server under the Default web).

If I try to deploy my web service under the Default Web as a new virtual server, and then try to "Add a web Reference" to the service, it fails with a 404: not found error.

Notes:
WServer 2003
My IIS server is running Sharepoint Portal Server (SPPS)sp2.
VS2005

Any ideas?

/Bob C in GRR
0
Bob_Chauvin
12/14/2005 7:35:18 PM
📁 asp.net.xml-web-services
📃 7071 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 1 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 2970 Views

In Sharepoint Portal Admin I had to add a Path Exclusion.  Took me a while to figure it out...Huh? [:^)]

/Bob C in GRR
0
Bob_Chauvin