Calling a web service method asynchronously

Hi,

What is the point of using Begin/End pattern in .NET 2.0? Are there any .Net 2.0 examples where Begin/End pattern is prefered to event-driven one?

I will appreciate any example.

Thanx :-)

Nice2007

asynchronous call of web service method from another web service
I am calling a web service method from within another web service.  Both are called asyncrhonously. Webservice 1 is invokde from a consumer app and its completed event is assigned an event handler, this works ok  The webservice being called is itself invoking another webservice and asynchronously calling another web method, again Ive assigned an event handler to its completed event, which works.  My problem is how do i expose the ouput (a dataset) of the second web method to the first web method ? Hi, Please have a look at this article: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/li...

REST Web Service : How to call a web service method by REST way ?
Hi buddy,Can anyone tell me that how do i call a method through a web service by a REST way.I have one local application (with C#.NET, ASP.NET 2.0, SQL Server 2005) and I want to call a Web Service method which is created on a remote machine. I have to call that method from my web application by using a REST (Representational State Transfer) way. I have a WSDL file.Please provide me technical details to make this happen.I want exact code to achieve this.Please please its urgent....Thanks in advance.Thanks,Mitesh.Please Mark this as an Answer if it resolves your problem. Which Version of .n...

Can you call a web service from a web service?
I am trying to create a web service that itself consumes a 3rd party web service outside of our corporate firewall - so basically a web service consuming another web service.  I can consume this outside web service directly in an ASP.NET application without a problem.  But because the code is long and cumbersome, I wanted to provide our GUI developers an easy way to get all of the data they need from one source.  So I thought I could create an internal web service that would do a lot of things (query internal systems, for example) as well as consuming this external service.&nb...

synchronous called web service consuming another web service asynchronously
hi guys... would like some advice / guidence with regards to design best practices.Scenario is: I'm in the middle of building a web service which is to act as a middleware layer between an IVR platform and a 3rd partys rpc/encoded web service (non standards I know!). Reasons for this are: 3rd party web service potentially can take upto 30seconds to process a requestAdditional logging and validation to take place in my middleware web serviceIVR platform can only consume webservices synchronously and cannot consume rpc/encoded web services.My service will be consumed synchronously. It will...

DynamicPopulateExtender: Web Service call failed: 12152, Web Service call failed: 12031
Hi, I'm using a DynamicPopulateExtender to take the value of a SELECT dropdown and pass it to an onpage web service (defined with <System.Web.Services.WebMethod()> _ '<System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptMethod()>) and as PUBLIC SHARED FUNCTION myfunction(contextKey as string) as string. The function returns the html for a listbox. Everything seems to fire properly on the client but when the web service is called by the Javascript function, I get Web Service call failed: 12152 or Web Service call failed: 12031 Any pointers would be appreciated.  Do...

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

How i create web services & call web services?
Give me the solution of how i create webservices & call it and what is purpose of web services ?? PlsGuree  >how i create webservicesVery much the same as creating a new web site site - it is just a different project type. > & call it andAdd a web reference to an existing project to consume the web service.>what is purpose of web services ??To send and receive data.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped. &...

Xml file mapper using Web Service
Hi all, I am tasked with creating a web service that maps a number of files to a relational database.  I have a good idea of how I might do this but need to make sure that a list of files get mapped to the database or else they are all rolled back.  Here is the scenario of what should happen. 1. Call an initializing method with the list of files to process as a parameter 2. This method would return a unique identifier to the caller 3. Everytime the caller calls a mapping function also pass the identifier as a parameter 4. If a mapping function fails call a rollback function wit...

Problem calling Web Service using the DynamicPopulate Extender
Hi, I'm quite new to ASP.Net AJAX so please forgive my ignorance.  I have downloaded and installed the RC1 version and am following through some of the tutorial videos.  I am having a problem with the Dynamic Populate Extender example.  I have created some asp controls with onclick events calling a javascript function.  From there I am attempting to use a dynamic populate extender control to call a web service - it's a function declared on that ASPX page as the tutorial explains in necessary and decorated with the System.Web.Services.WebMEthod AND System.Web.Script.Serv...

Calling an asynch web service within an asynch web service.
I have read two different articles regarding optimizing thread pool utilization by calling asynchrounous web methods and then calling an asynchronous method within them. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnservice/html/service10012002.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/06/Threading/default.aspx The first article has an asynch web service method asynchronously calling another web service method. The second article has an asynch web service method spawning a new .NET thread and asynchronously calling it. I would like to use...

PB 11.5.1 (4011)
Hello Everyone, I am getting a strange error when calling a C# Web Service in PB 11.5.1 (4011). System.OutOfMemoryException When my application starts, I do the following: application global variable n_uploaded_files gnv_uploaded_files open event of application gnv_uploaded_files = CREATE n_uploaded_files n_uploaded_files instance variable s2010_upload_web_service iproxy_webservice SoapConnection iSOAP_connection constructor event of n_uploaded_files isoap_connection = CREATE SoapConnection of_instantiateservice(iproxy_webservice, "s201...

Web resources about - Calling a web service method asynchronously - asp.net.xml-web-services

spawnUri load Dart files asynchronously · Issue #12617 · dart-lang/sdk · GitHub
... Dart files necessary to start the isolate. This is problematic not only because spawnUri is performing IO, which is otherwise always done asynchronously ...