Adding a VS.NET web reference for more than one web service?

I have a web app exposing several web services:

SignOnService.asmx
UserService.asmx
AdminService.asmx
etc
I have a Winform app that consumes these services. When I go to Add Web Reference in the winform app, I have to add each one individually as their own web reference. How would I set this up so that they can all be added as one web reference?
0
crowdozer

I think you will have to add them to one file (.cs or .vb) the reason they are comming up separately is becuase they are seperate, they are seperate web services(asmx files), classes and have seperate WSDL descriptions.

When you go to add them, the proxy is created per wsdl file, i am not sure if this can be changed.
Hope that helps,
Rob
0
rm82
2/22/2005 3:20:46 PM
sorry when i said add them to one file i meant asmx, not cs or vb.

Rob
0
rm82
2/22/2005 3:29:20 PM
I thought you could use a disco file for this. I also am running into this problem and using a disco seems like it should work but it doesn't.

If I use only one contractRef tag for my first .asmx service everything works. When I add a second contractRef tag all the classes get prefixed with "soap" and nothing works.
ex.
1 contractRef tag
I can use this... Localhost.MyWebService
but
2 contractRef tags

I get this... Localhost.MyWebServiceSoap and Localhost.MyWebService1Soap
I'm baffled at this point.
0
jcarasick
2/22/2005 4:20:52 PM
maybe this link might help, sorry, i have not had much interaction with Disco

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/02/xml/
Rob
0
rm82
2/22/2005 4:27:50 PM
I'm now trying to use a disco file as well and am also getting the "Soap" classes. in addition to that it no longer generates the WSE class which i need for security. Googling for information on disco files isn't finding much.
0
crowdozer
2/22/2005 4:30:19 PM
Yeah, no kidding. I have been googling for about 4 hours now. Everything I have read has been very vague at best with no exmaples. I have an XML Webservice book from MS Press that I will check tonight to see if I have any luck and I'll post back. I am not using the security classes you have mentioned by my site is currently using the "Soap" classes without any issues. I suppose I would just rather reference them by their intended name.
0
jcarasick
2/22/2005 6:36:08 PM
If its just a naming thing, you could just declare some classes with the names you want and have them inherit from the "Soap" classes.

Currently I'm having trouble with WSE only generating a *Wse proxy class for one of the 3 services I have defined in the disco file. This happens when I use the "Update Web Reference" context menu option of the web reference. If I choose "Run Custom Tool" on the Reference.map file, no Wse classes are generated at all. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or incompatible with the WSE framework, or if its a bug in that software, but its extremely frustrating.
0
crowdozer
2/23/2005 9:40:33 PM
What's your .disco file look like?
0
jcarasick

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

multiple web services vs one web service?
Hi,Can someone tell me in term of performance and flexibility which approach is better: Using multiple web services within an application, each web service contains only 1 web method VS using a single Web Service with multiple web methods..(each web method will retrieve data from  the database and populate the Web form). I want to know if it is better to transform each web method to web service or to regroup all web methods in only one Web Service.Thanks in advance. Use one WebService. For each Web Service you'll need a WebReference in VS. 1 WebService = 1 WebReference ...

Programatically build Web Service proxies independent of the "Web Reference" in VS.Net?
Can anyone detail for me how to build a proxy for a webservice from its .wsdl without using a "web reference"? Or point me to a hotw-to somewhere? I assume there is an API for this in the Framework, I just cannot find it... Thanks.Thanks,B You have to use WSDL.eXE you can see info on it @ http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cptools/html/cpgrfWebServicesDescriptionLanguageToolWsdlexe.asp Hope it helps!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti For complete programmatic use of dynamic Web services by simply feedi...

What action by a web service requires an app to update their web reference to a Web Service
I create a web reference to a web service in my aspx web application which returns an XML object. If the owner of the web service makes a change to their object am I required to do an update web reference? What if I dont use the information from the new object? thanks Larry You should make the change only if the contract b/w the two has changed (e.g. parameters, return values), etc.-Mathew Nolton Website=www.cybral.com Email=mnolton@cybral.com Blog=weblogs.asp.net/mnolton If the web service now returns a new element and my class reference doesn't match their new class ref...

adding web reference, remote web service. "unable to download service.asmx?wsdl"
Hello having a problem with this web service. VS [2005]  The message we get when we try and add the web reference is "unable download following files http://10.0.1.7/codered/service.asmx?wsdl". Which is using the internal ip address of the web server. We have check the IIS where the web service has been published to. But could not see why it is using the internal ip and not the external ip address. The actual url is http://83.100.199.125/codered/service.asmx Here is the service description sample, maybe someone can check this, as this has the internal ip address at the bottom. ...

MPS Web Services VS WES Web services
Hi All, I am new to this post and I am looking for clarifications on HMC 4.5 provisioning. I am building an sample application that uses the MPS Web Services to provision HMC 4.5. I am confused with the terminology difference between a MPS Web Service and a WES  Web service. I have a architecture diagram for HMC 4.5 provisioning where in MPS can be connected to as follows: a) Sample Provisioning UI ----> MPS Web Services ------> MPF Client Wrapper .Net ----> .....  b) Connected Services Framework (CSF) ----> WES Web Services -----&g...

reference a compiled web service from another web service
I created a compiled web service (eg, a dll file). now i create another web service in which i want to refer to the compiled service. how is this done in vs .net?? i am following an example which is not vs .net specific so i am not sure of the syntax. the example says to create the second web service (ie, .asmx.vb file) and include the following single line of code in it to refer to the compiled code: <%@ WebService Class="compiled_code_service_name" %> this does not work within vs .net. can anybody tell me what is the correct syntax?? thanks I'm not quite sure I ...

Troubleshoot Web Service; Ajax AutoComplete events do not appear to not fire; Ajax web service appears to not work. .NET
Folks, I had the situation that Ajax AutoComplete events in the web service did not fire after I copied a project out of a folder, renamed it and moved it to a server. The fix was hard to find but easy to solve. I had some web service modules in an ASMX file that provided AutoComplete entries -- i.e., after the user keys in 2 or 3 characters, the list of possible entries with those leading characters is displayed for the user to select. To solve the problem, look at the web service's directive, not the code-behind or the ASMX designer.  Do a right-mouse-click...

.NET Web Service Proxy (EasySoap vs .NET)
Greetings all, I was provided with a URL for a web service that is password protected. I saved the WSDL file from the browser and am attempting to create a .NET Web Service Proxy to use it. When I select EasySoap for the 'Web Service Selection', I see one service ('Services') and five 'Structures' (which is the number of 'methods' that I am expecting to see). But when I select .NET, I still see one service (named differently) and only one structure. Four of the structures are missing. Is there something else I need to do to view the four ...

Web resources about - Adding a VS.NET web reference for more than one web service? - asp.net.xml-web-services

Wikipedia talk:Reference desk/Guidelines/Medical advice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I disagree with this implication that this section of the guideline represents the consensus. If you look at the last few years of discussion ...

Microsoft dismisses iPad Pro as “a companion device” and references old Steve Jobs stylus quote
... to be a companion device.” Laycock also said that “at one point in time, Apple declared that if there’s a stylus, that’s failure” – a reference ...

Can you spot these classic film references hidden in Pixar movies?
The animators at Pixar definitely love to throw in allusions to some of their favorite movies in their own films. Vimeo user Jorge Luengo Ruiz ...

10 hidden references to classic films in your favorite Pixar movies
... Madrid, told BuzzFeed that he noticed a ton of allusions in "Toy Story 3" and was inspired to make a video highlighting the cinematic references ...

See The Classic Movie References Found In Pixar's Greatest Films
... all well aware of just how clever Pixar movies are. These emotionally engaging stories are full of intricate themes and crammed with references ...

Worst passwords of 2015: Star Wars references sneak onto list
Enough with "123456" already! SplashData's annual list of the worst passwords in use includes some old favorites and some new sci-fi-inspired ...

Zootopia Trailer Adds a Godfather Reference to Disney Film - Collider
Watch a new trailer for the Disney animated movie Zootopia, which takes place in a world inhabited by talking animals and features Jason Bateman ...

Hillary Clinton Ends Democratic Debate With A Star Wars Reference
The other day, President Obama ended his White House press conference with a reference to The [...]

Review: Klipsch X20i Reference In-Ear Headphones
These Klipsch X20i Reference In-Ear Headphones are pretty darn fantastic, and worth every penny.`

O’Malley References How Old Clinton And Sanders Are While Explaining His ISIS Strategy
O’Malley References How Old Clinton And Sanders Are While Explaining His ISIS Strategy