.Net Web Services consume DCOM problem!!! big problem!!!

the senario is like that:

PC1 got a Com+ application
PC2 is Web Service that host the .net web services
I export the Com+ application proxy and install into the PC2.
I add reference in the Web services project then
I code:
<WebMethod()> Public Function GetCustomerWS() As String
Dim objFDIP As New FDIPCOM.FDIPCOMServices()
Dim strReturn As String
objFDIP.GetAllCustomer(strReturn)
Return strReturn
End Function
when I run the Web Services, and invoke it, it return nothing but:
HTTP 500 Internal server error.
The same code used in VB.NET Windows Form application is working just fine, the dcom actually return back the string i want correctly.
Can any tell me what happen to my web services???
0
joonping

Some thing to add that, if the COM+ application is on the local computer, the web services is actually working fine, but if is on another PC, the problem occur.
0
joonping
7/3/2003 3:36:07 AM
is it by question to long for you to understand?
0
joonping
7/3/2003 6:32:38 AM
no one face this problem b4?
0
joonping
7/4/2003 2:18:12 AM
Joonping,

Is COM+ Application is Library application or Server Application ?
Cheers,

Raja

0
RajaDurairaj
7/4/2003 5:23:03 AM
OH, finally i see some light, it is Server Application.

I suspect is security reason. but don know what to do.
0
joonping
7/4/2003 6:37:10 AM
why no one answer my question one.
0
joonping
7/4/2003 8:15:45 AM
Try changing <webmethod()> to just <webmethod>
.NET newbie

WebApps best used if you come to my office and look at it on my monitor
0
sxt173
7/7/2003 8:57:30 PM
Try changing <webmethod()> to just <webmethod>

I'm pretty sure that won't work. joonping, are there any entries in the Windows event log on the Web server machine? There should be for an HTTP 500 error.
Don
Don Kiely, MCP, MCSD
In the Last Frontier, Interior Alaska
Please post questions and replies to the forum! And remember to MARK AS ANSWER when someone definitively answers a question or resolves a problem!
0
donkiely
7/7/2003 9:02:23 PM
oh, hi.

I can't see any HTTP 500 error in the event log. so what can I do then.
Thanks for you time...
From
Joon PIng
0
joonping
7/8/2003 1:32:20 AM
Hi Joon,

Well, it won't actually say HTTP 500; I didn't mean to imply that. But it should be some kind of IIS log event. Are there any?
If there isn't, you may have an unhandled exception in the app that you've also configured ASP.NET to ignore. That'll be the next avenue to explore in trying to figure out what's going on.
Don
Don Kiely, MCP, MCSD
In the Last Frontier, Interior Alaska
Please post questions and replies to the forum! And remember to MARK AS ANSWER when someone definitively answers a question or resolves a problem!
0
donkiely
7/9/2003 12:04:18 AM
if there is an internal server error ,what should i do?
0
kaigin
11/20/2004 4:34:20 AM
The best set of clues will be in the Windows event logs. Have you looked at those?

Don
Don Kiely, MCP, MCSD
In the Last Frontier, Interior Alaska
Please post questions and replies to the forum! And remember to MARK AS ANSWER when someone definitively answers a question or resolves a problem!
0
donkiely
11/23/2004 8:07:35 AM

I have the same problem. Anyone been able to resolve this issue?

Working under Visual Studio 2005 B1,  calling to a DCOM object using COM Interopt works fine with my NT credentials. However, initiating through IIS, it seems to be an authentification issue (Internet Client Error). I tried impersonation and that did not work.

I see nothing in any event logs.

I remember having to once alter the machine.config under 1.1 framework by changing userName from 'Machine' to 'System' in the <processModel> section for another issue in another project. It seems that the <processModel> is no longer there in 2.0 Beta1. I think I read I can add it in and restart IIS (I'm on IIS 6). Would this help?

Thanks,

Dregsfan

0
dregsfan
4/29/2005 12:46:51 PM

I found the answer that will work for my implementation, but it may not be the best solution or your solution.

I am running Whidbey Beta1 on Win2K3 (IIS 6).

In my scenario, the COM objects use RDS (HTTPS) to communicate to the DCOM server and I was getting -2147012851: Internet Client Error. (0x80072f0d). The Hex error coded is related to Certificate Authentification. By calling the DCOM Server using HTTP, I was authenticating without a problem.

After some more research I found out that when you normally navigate to a secure page using a browser the first time, you can get a Security Alert pop-up. However, a request coming from IIS on another server cannot display this interface so it always assumes NO and returns Internet Client Error.

The credentials being passed were IWAM_ServerName to the DCOM server when the RDS object called the DCOM Server via HTTPS. I immediate tried Impersonation which did not work either. I was about to give up when I stumbled upon another way to impersonate.

My resolution: Using Application Pools in IIS 6, you can run as different credentials (among other uses!). This is similar to impersonation under IIS 5, however I was not successful with impersonation with Whidbey in this particular situation. My NT credentials were valid to the DCOM server so I needed to do the following to get my credentials into action:

1. Create an Application Pool (refer to Help in IIS). Be sure to change the identity tab. In this case I'm using my NT Account.

2. Add my NT account to the IIS_WPG Group

3. Open IIS and open properties to the Web Service (or Web Site)

4. Under the Directory/Home Directory Tab change the Application Pool dropdown and select the application pool you created.

The only thing left is to test scalability with a multithreaded process (asp.net) calling Single threaded apartment (STA) objects (COM). I've only found one article on this and it states to create threads in your web service to instantiate my COM objects. If anyone could point me in a more accurate direction, I would appreciate it.

0
dregsfan

Asasp.net web service and xml problem
Hi all ,Im using ,net framework 2.0This is the web service I wrote by request of AS developer (Action script) but when he consume the service  he got the result like this .. <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">   <soap:Body>     <GetTransportDetailsResponse xmlns="http://tempuri.org/">       <GetTransportDetailsResult>&lt;TransportMethods&a...

web services calling services simultaneosly problem in .net 2.0
hi i m facing a problemwe are using desktop client and webservices in that client request the a webservice asyncthat remains on server until a specific condition is satisfiedand rest of the web services are called syncronsly these services run on localhost without any problembut if client and server machines are diffrent it hangs the applicationdont knw wht is the reasn and after some time operation has timed out exceptions comelet me tell u one more thingboth the services are using different sessionsthanx in advance for ur help   i have made sample application to test the scnerio...

.net web service problem
Why I am getting the error can anyone help me out please. I've name everything correcly i hope.   Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not create type 'Mathservice.Service1'.Source Error: Line 1: <%@ WebService Language="VB" CodeBehind="Mathservice.asmx.vb" Class="Mathservice.Service1" %> Source File: /Mathservice.asmx  ...

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

Problem consuming PB 11 .NET web service from PB 11 WebForm
Okay, great! What I am trying to accomplish is to consume a .NET webservice created with PB 11 from a WebForm target created in PB 11. First off, the only way I could find to generate the web service proxy is to create a new PB Application target, then generate the proxy into a library that is part of the library search path for the WebForm target. When I tried to generate directly into the WebForm target the option is greyed out on the Project page. I imported the appropriate file to get the soapconnection and soapexception objects into my webform target and everything in webfo...

Consuming c# .NET web service from VB
HI there, What a greate web site this is... and for my first post. An interesting problem concerning consuming a .NET web service from nasty old Visual Basic 6.0 using the MS Soap Toolkit. The issue I have is not the usual 'complex type' problem. I am not using a custom type mapper or the generic type mapper - IXMLDOMNodeList is working perfectly. The prototype for the web service (c#) is as follows: public bool StoreAuditMessages(string userId, string authenticationCode, AuditMessage[] auditMessages) the thrid paramter in the prototype is an array of the following type of ...

Problem with .Net web service authentication
I am unable to access my web service from a .net pb client after I add security (roles) in eclipse. I have attempted to supply an id and password using the SetOptions method and the SetBasicAuthentication method. Does anything else need to be set for .net? Prior to adding roles I could successfully invoke the web service with the ..net client. I have also successfully invoked the secured web service using easysoap supplying credentials with the SetOptions method. The httprequest log contains the 401 message, 172.18.34.81 - - [25/Aug/2006:13:30:27 -0700] "POST /aglc_ws...

Problems accessing .NET web services
I seem to have problems accessing .NET generated WEB services. I've tried several different .NET web services with the same result. I've tried a selection of different PB versions ( 9.0, 9.0.1, 9.0.2 and 10.0 ) to no use. I'm having no problem generating and deploying a proxy for the weather report web service from Cape Science, though. URL : http://apollo.tehc.no/paslink/authenticationws/authenticationws.asmx?WSDL PB 9.0 out of the box had no problem recognizing the web service but it failed upon deploying the proxy, whereas both PB 9.0.1 and PB 9.0.2 say "T...

Problems with Web Service Call with .NET
We need to call a Web Service from one of our partners application. Their Web Service has been running for several years and other companies have been able to connect to it and download data with different pieces of software or languages When i try to setup this web service call in Powerbuilder 11.1 Build 8123, i am having problems. Even when using .NET to call the service Creating the Proxy works just fine as i select the service and then the methods. Deploying the proxy works great also. However when i call the very first function in the service SdkLogin, i am getting the gene...

SOAP Web Service Problem (problema con un web service)
Please help, I can't read a webservice method (webmethod) from asmx web service, with Delphi firemonkey, In my first try I put a WDSL Importer, and I can retrive data from simplex type (string, booleans, integers) but when the method returns a DataSet, i loose my way. Por favor, ayuda, no puedo leer datos de un web service si el metodo que regresa es un DataSet, el web service esta hecho en dot.net así que es un asmx, utilizando el WDSL importes, traje datos sencillos como enteros, boleanos y otros, pero en el caso de arreglos como un DataSet no lo he conseguido, estoy perdido, y l...

What do non-.net users need to do to consume a .net web service?
Hello, I'm very new to web service world and haven't had much chance to do much reading on theory and architecture yet. So I'm asked to create one for someone external to my organization (still inside my company). I make one, test it, deploy it, consume it. Go me. It was very easy within my comfortable .net shop. However, the intended consumer is not a .Net shop (J2EE). I was under the impression that if I sent in a GET request to the asmx file, I would get XML back. This turned out to be not the case and I had to use the proxy file to prove that I could consume the service. S...

Web resources about - .Net Web Services consume DCOM problem!!! big problem!!! - asp.net.xml-web-services

Martin Place, we have a problem
A change in global conditions means that the positive economic momentum provided by a weakened Aussie dollar could soon come to a screeching ...

Apple’s App Store has a copyright infringement problem, business owner claims
... iOS apps scraping content from the web and packaging it in paid apps. While developer relations issues often get a lot of attention, the problem ...

Marco Rubio accidentally stumbles on the problem with religious pandering
... plan for the universe and for our lives that we are just not going to know the answer to. God’s ways are not our ways.” There are two problems ...

Recharge Wrap-up: Formula E battery award, Tesla NOx problem
Filed under: Government/Legal , Green , Motorsports , Plants/Manufacturing , Tesla , Emissions , Fuel Efficiency , Technology , Electric Williams ...

Apple's App Store has a copyright problem
... then made more apps — all of which are paid-for — and Raub says Apple is unwilling to help this time. 9to5Mac points out that this problem ...

Just Cause 3 PC graphics problems reported
Fans complain of visual bugs and glitches as developer cites issues with latest AMD graphics drivers.

Obama Claims Fish Swim In Miami Streets Because Of Climate Change — There’s Only One Problem
Obama Claims Fish Swim In Miami Streets Because Of Climate Change — There’s Only One Problem

A patch for Just Cause 3's performance problems is in the works
... of the best open-world tools ever”. It seems like it's a good game, but there have also been a lot of complaints about huge technical problems ...

Obama: Climate Problem Can Be Solved
... Barack Obama said Tuesday global warming posed economic and security risks that had to be tackled immediately, but insisted the climate problem ...