.NET CLIENT TO ACCESS a non. NET WEB SERVICE

I develop in .net and need to create a web client to connect to a web service built in Java.

http://xchainj.com:8080/axis/services/ScsEnvirodatWaterQualityIndexServiceSoap
Its pretty easy when the web service was also built in .net. You can just create a web reference with the gui and automatically can see its functions and stuff.
when i put this url in the box and hit go i dont get to see its functions. maybe this shouldnt be the url of the WSDL?? I Have no idea.
Im very new to all of this.
If there are any examples of .net clients connecting to non .net web clients it would be very helpfull... and so would a step by step proc of how to do this but im not fussy.
Thanks
DB
0
dbenoit64
1/26/2004 7:43:09 PM
📁 asp.net.xml-web-services
📃 7071 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 5 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1857 Views

just add a "?WSDL" after the url,

http://xchainj.com:8080/axis/services/ScsEnvirodatWaterQualityIndexServiceSoap?WSDL
and use wsdl.exe to get your proxy file. Then puruse that file to see the methods you can call from an aspx page.
0
stacy
1/26/2004 11:55:16 PM
Thanks staci, as soon as i put in the '' i was able to see the 4 methods of the service in the browser type box of the add web reference dialog. but its just like text. i cant click on them. And the "web reference Name:" text box is also disabled.
0
dbenoit64
1/27/2004 1:07:39 PM
I use Web Matrix so maybe someone else can walk you thru Visual Studio.
0
stacy
1/27/2004 2:06:52 PM
yeah i wish the service wasnt written in java
0
dbenoit64
1/29/2004 7:22:49 PM
yes....if only the world ran as our Billy G sees it ;)

-Mathew Nolton

Website=www.cybral.com

Email=mnolton@cybral.com

Blog=weblogs.asp.net/mnolton