Xml schema to Xml file

Is it possible to convert xml schema to xml file.How can i do read&writexmlschema using a dataset with xml schema.

I converted a xml file to xml schema in a web appliction project.Then what should be location of shema that i need to give for a dataset

I mean dataset.readxmlscheme(server.mappath(??))

Please let me know I am new to this field

0
anupamabr
3/17/2009 8:54:01 PM
asp.net.xml-datasource 7181 articles. 0 followers. Follow

dataset.ReadXml(Server.MapPath("xml\ProductList.xml")) will read the xml as well as the schema of thexml file.

no need to convert it into schema file while using dataset as it will automatically define the schema.

Diseirra
Mark it as an answer, if it helped you anyhow...
0
diseirra
3/18/2009 3:56:06 AM

But my xml file contains rows attribute.So I need to use dataset.writexmlschema..then I need to rebind the xml file which is upadated

then I am not able to use readxml it is not working for me

0
anupamabr
3/18/2009 4:30:06 PM

Hi anupamabr,

DataSet ds = new DataSet();

ds.ReadXml(Server.MapPath("datagrid.xml"));

MemoryStream stream = new MemoryStream();

ds.WriteXmlSchema(stream);

stream.Seek(0,
SeekOrigin.Begin);DataSet ds2 = new DataSet();

ds2.ReadXmlSchema(stream);

Samu Zhang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Samu

Xml Schema from xml file
How should i create xml schema from xml file?  Do you mean an XSD?  That's easy--open the XML file in Visual Studio.  There will be a new XML menu button, and one option is to create an XSD.  If you have a lot of files, MS has a little tool at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vbasic/bb840042.aspx.If my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.Crystal AllianceMy BlogFlorist Blogs  Thanks alot!!  It worked wonderfully...

XML Transform to 1 XML file to another XML File
Hello All  I am a novice programmer. I want to transform 1 xml file to another xml file. I am looking for a example code where user will select source xml file and create another xml file in different file with different fields with some default validation of parsing date and default values.  Can anyone help me or let me know any available source code in C#/ASP.Net?  Ms Disha I am assuming you know xslt, if not, you would have to go look at that.  But if you do, then this document will help you out http://www.csharpfriends.com/Articles/getArticle.aspx?articleID=...

XML in, XML out
Hi All (and a happy holiday to those that will get a break), I am trying to read in an XML file of addresses. I need to remove all the address data from the file where code =~ /^000/ (there are none in the example data below). I need to reproduce that data 'as is', so I need to honour the tag structure, although the order of the tags doesn't need to be honoured. I have been trying to use XML::Simple and I had a go with XML::Smart but I haven't been able to get the results I want. My best effort is below (with XML::Simple). There are a couple of differences ...

XMl to XML

XML Schema and two XML files.
There is the situation... 1.) I have an XML schema file. 2.) I have an XML file that does not conform to the schema file, but contains data that I want to force to conform to the XML schema. So I have a set of XML from point A in it's own particular XML format. Then I have a desired XML format in which I want the XML to conform to. I am just wondering what the best way to implement this is. I figured I could just write a stylesheet that will convert XML A to XML B. Is there a way to use the schema and a mapping scheme through .NET to do this work for me? Thanks in advance ...

create an xml schema from an xml file
Hello, I need to write an application that uses a xml file that i create and make a xml schema based on that file. I have a seperate company that is sending us the xml file and i want to get the info from the file and put it into a database. However, they need the my schema. I am reading up on how to use the DataSet.Writexml() and DataSet.WriteXmlSchema(). I know that there is some way of getting the data from the xml file using a DataSet, but i dont understand how. Has anyone done something similar to this that could help me at least get started? Thanks Dev Djinnx-Dev DjinnxWeb Develop...

Validating XML file with XML schema
I want to be able to edit an XML file in browser. I open the XML file, read its contents and put it into a multi-line textbox for the user to edit it. Now, when the user wants to save the changes by pressing the save -button, I want to check if the XML data still is valid. For this I think the XML schema is perfect, right? Now, how can I write an function that takes a string parameter (which contains the whole XML file data from the textbox) and validates it against a schema file? I created the schema by passing a 100% valid XML file to the Visual Studio´s "Create Schema" tool. The...

How to convert XML file into XML Schema
How to convert XML file into XML SchemaAzharPirana Dargah I am not sure it makes sense to "convert" an XML file into an XML schema. What makes sense and what you can do is "infer" a schema from an XML instance document. Visual Studio can do that for you for example, as can other XML editors. If you want to do it programmatically in the .NET framework then you can do it since .NET 2.0 with the class http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.xml.schema.xmlschemainference.aspxMartin Honnen --- MVP XMLMy blog hi Azhar, Open a xml file uasing Visual Studio. Now yo...

XML datasource from external website XML file
Hi all i need to extract some data into a page on my website, but the xml file is on different web server, not in our bunch, but out in the ether.is it possible to use this file as a datsource directly, or is there some security issue, and i have to grab it and use it locally...??? the file has been put somewhere it can be accessed with a web browseras this file changes on a daily basis, i would also like to automate the daily retrieval, i'm assuming this is something not too simple either. as you would need a service or something to fire up at a specific time each day?! any he...

XMLParseFile: Validating XML File Against XML Schema
I am having problems using the XMLParseFile function to validate an XML file against an XML Schema generated by a source external to our organization. The XML file and XML Schema are stored locally in the same directory. Scenario as follows: 1. Schema received as an Email attachment from an outside source (i.e. external to our organization). 2. Attachment saved to disk: C:\myDirectory\schemaDoc.xsd 3. XML file generated from an external source datawindow using SaveAs method: C:\myDirectory\xmlDoc.xml 4. XMLParseFile first used to c...

how to generate xml schema automatically from any xml file ?
i want to is there any buil in classes by which i can generate xml schema automatically instead of writing xml schema manually. if it is possible then please help me with source code. Hi, xsd.exe tool in the Framework SDK is capable to do this (to certain limit though). See the documentation for it.Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU...

Problems writing to an XML file
I'm brand new to using XML (in fact this is my first project), so bear with me, I may need a little hand-holding. I'm trying to create a page which simply adds data to an existing xml file. Ultimately it will add the data from a form, but to keep things simple, I've been simply using pre-defined values. Originally I was able to get the script to write the xml exactly as I needed, however it would simply overwrite the existing file every time it was accessed. This is unacceptable, as it will be used to add data to one file, sort of like a mini database. So after much pain and gnashi...

How to convert XML file into XML Schema PLEASE HELP!!!!
Hi, How can I convert an XML file to XML schema PLEASE HELP!!!! byeHighOnCodingWanna get high! What do you mean by convert to XML Schema, do you mean infer the XML Schema from an specific XML document? If you have VS.NET it can infer the schema from an XML document. Hi, i have a xml file and I want to write schema for that file. I hope u this helps and thanks for the Quick Reply. byeHighOnCodingWanna get high! You can use one tool in gotdotnet to do that: http://apps.gotdotnet.com/xmltools/xsdinference/Default.aspx There is also a tool for infering x...

XML & XML Schema
 Hi Can I use XML natively instead of a XML Schema.The schema is very simple and I would like to see if it's possible to use just XML. <!--W3C Schema generated by XMLSpy v2007 (http://www.altova.com)--> <!--Please add namespace attributes, a targetNamespace attribute and import elements according to your requirements--> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified"> <xs:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"/> <xs:element name="issue"> <...

Web resources about - Xml schema to Xml file - asp.net.xml-datasource

Star schema - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing , the star schema (also called star-join schema , data cube , or multi-dimensional schema ) is the simplest style of data mart schema ...

Online Schema Change for MySQL - Facebook
MySQL at Facebook hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Online Schema Change for MySQL geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier lesen.

Schema - LinkedIn
... is a networking tool that helps you discover inside connections to recommended job candidates, industry experts and business partners. Schema ...

Schema - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
We noticed that you may be using an unsupported browser. All the basics will still work, but to get the most out of Flickr please upgrade to ...

Taking the Pain Out of MySQL Schema Changes
A common obstacle we face when releasing new features is making production schema changes in MySQL. Many new features require additional columns ...

BIG’s Waste-to-Energy Plant Breaks Ground, Breaks Schemas
There are many things that set BIG’s latest project, Amager Bakke, apart. The plant, which broke ground yesterday, wi...

Introducing Schema.org: Bing, Google and Yahoo Unite to Build the Web of Objects - Search Blog
We&rsquo;ve been talking for a while about the need to rethink the search experience to better reflect both the changing web and advancing user ...

Schema.org - The Blog Herald
I think search is a seriously exciting place to be right now. 2012 has seen some of the most aggressive Google algorithm updates of all time; ...

Official Google Blog: Introducing schema.org: Search engines come together for a richer web
Official Google Blog: Introducing schema.org: Search engines come together for a richer web

Using schema.org markup to promote your critic reviews within Google Search
... Publishers with long-form reviews for these verticals can get up and running by selecting snippets from their reviews and then adding schema.org ...