XML Schema that allows XML Fragments

I'm writing a little tool that would allow clients to create customizable profiles on my website. The profiles use a special XML language that will be parsed and transformed into an HTML document.

A sample XML looks like this:

<websites>
    <header>
    </header>
    <content>
            #SITE_NAME
    </content>
    <footer>
    </footer>
</websites>

Most elements in the XML allow user to define header and footer elements which can contain XML fragments, however its not technically well-formed XML. I imagine this is possible since the behavior mimics an asp:repeater, whose header and footer templates allow users to user XML fragments without requiring the asp.net page to be well-formed XML.

What kind of XML schema, if any, describes the XML document above?

0
Death
2/17/2008 2:03:17 AM
asp.net.xml-datasource 7181 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Death Goddess ,

Please keep in mind , XML Elements Must be Properly Nested .

See here : http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_syntax.asp .

Samu Zhang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Samu

XML in, XML out
Hi All (and a happy holiday to those that will get a break), I am trying to read in an XML file of addresses. I need to remove all the address data from the file where code =~ /^000/ (there are none in the example data below). I need to reproduce that data 'as is', so I need to honour the tag structure, although the order of the tags doesn't need to be honoured. I have been trying to use XML::Simple and I had a go with XML::Smart but I haven't been able to get the results I want. My best effort is below (with XML::Simple). There are a couple of differences ...

XMl to XML

XML Schema not Validating XML Fragment
I'm trying to validate the following xml  fragment (Figure A.) against a schema document (Figure B.) that i have created and tested through a seperate XML Validator utility that so i know that the validation works outside of the asp.net code (Figure C.). The validation does return XML exceptions for well-formed stcructure but doesn't return any schema validation exceptions if i force an error in the xml. Any ideas why the XML fragment isn't being validated by the schema??? I've tried just about everything :( ========================= A. XML Fragment to Validate =========...

Xml Schema from xml file
How should i create xml schema from xml file?  Do you mean an XSD?  That's easy--open the XML file in Visual Studio.  There will be a new XML menu button, and one option is to create an XSD.  If you have a lot of files, MS has a little tool at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vbasic/bb840042.aspx.If my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.Crystal AllianceMy BlogFlorist Blogs  Thanks alot!!  It worked wonderfully...

Xml schema to Xml file
Is it possible to convert xml schema to xml file.How can i do read&writexmlschema using a dataset with xml schema. I converted a xml file to xml schema in a web appliction project.Then what should be location of shema that i need to give for a dataset I mean dataset.readxmlscheme(server.mappath(??))   Please let me know I am new to this field     dataset.ReadXml(Server.MapPath("xml\ProductList.xml")) will read the xml as well as the schema of thexml file. no need to convert it into schema file while using dataset as it will automatically define the ...

write to a xml with a xml schema
Hi, I have a xml schema, and a xml that validate this schema.I want to append new nodes to this xml with code (c#)which is the best form to do this?thanks...

Adding a XML schema to XML schema collection
I used SSEUtil to add a schema to my database but I am having problems.  Used these steps:SSEUtil -c> USE "c:\Rich.mdf"> GO>!RUN Resume.SQL//indicates success>SELECT * FROM SYS.XML_SCHEMA_COLLECTIONS>GO//schema not shown in list> USE master>GO>SELECT * FROM SYS.XML_SCHEMA_COLLECTIONS>GO//schema is shown in the queryIt appears that the schema is not added to the desired database, so when I try to use the schema in Visual Studio, the schema does not appear when I connect to the Rich.mdf database.  Any ideas on what I am doing wrong or why this might be happ...

XML & XML Schema
 Hi Can I use XML natively instead of a XML Schema.The schema is very simple and I would like to see if it's possible to use just XML. <!--W3C Schema generated by XMLSpy v2007 (http://www.altova.com)--> <!--Please add namespace attributes, a targetNamespace attribute and import elements according to your requirements--> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified"> <xs:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"/> <xs:element name="issue"> <...

XML::Parser XML::DOM XML::XSLT
------_=_NextPart_001_01C6E0D0.3E27D77A Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Craig and fellow VMS Perlers, You last wrote about this Fri 3/16/2001 11:24 AM, not counting your very helpful comments on Eisner/Decuserve more recently. One of my colleagues sent me an email requesting that I make XML::XSLT=20 available on VMS. perl 5.8.6, VMS 7.3-2, DECC 7.1 latest ACRTL (version 3) on Alpha XML::XSLT (version 0.48) depends on XML::Parser (version 2.34). This depends on expat (version 2.0.0). I built expat a...

sort xml in xml
Hi, How I can sort xml file in xml with VB.NetThanks,<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>  <Liste>   <Form Famille="Administration" idXhtml="" idOffice="31574" nom="ADM" desc="" />   <Form Famille="Admini" idXhtml="" idOffice="31708" nom="ADM- 54 (2000)" desc="" />   <Form Famille="communication" idXhtml="" idOffice="31709" nom="ADM- 133 (2000)" desc="" />   <Form Famille="Admini" idXhtml="" idOffice="31710" nom="ADM- 9 (2000)" desc="" />   <Form Famille="Admini" idXhtml="" idOffice="31711" no...

XML to XML transform
Hi all, I have an XML file in which I just want to change a couple of values.  So, the end result is a new file with exactly the same XML structure.  I am new to XML and XSLT, so I thought I'd start off with something simple; I created an xsl file that would just copy the source directly across without modifying the values (I can do this later, once I have the first bit figured) - <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:con="http://eviware.com/soapui/config"><xsl:template match="/"...

How to select Xml as Xml?
If I select Xml nodes like this from sql server; select xmlData.query('//Field[@F = "True"]') as extendedInfo from.... ..how to loop through the items in C#? I can't cast it to a System.Xml.XmlNodeList..? You can use the XmlDocument class.  There's a Load method and a LoadXml method.  One of these should get you what you want, after which you can select nodes as you need.C# <---> VB.Net Translator mm8: If I select Xml nodes like this from sql server; select xmlData.query('//Field[@F = "True"]') as extendedInfo from.... ...

Transform XML to XML
I've been trying to transform an XML document to another XML document. The original document is very large (6megs) and the application that needs to use it only needs a fraction of the data. I'm trying to take this mother-of-all XML documents and filter out unwanted nodes. I could probably do this very easily with code by running a few XPath Queries against the document, and placing the results in a new document...however...I have an interest in learning how to do this with XSL. In the past, I've done some pretty basic XML to HTML transformation ans that worked out well. This ti...

XML and XML Schema's
 I have some xm files and xml schema files.  I have SQL 2005 Standard and will soon use SQL 2005 Enterprise.  I was wondering if through Visual Studio BI I could import the information from these into SQL?  If this can be done can someone tell me how to do it? How is the schema used?  The xml files are from my store database.  The schema's are from other companies. Thank you for any help. Dee  Can anyone give me answers? Dee      Darlene D. Murphydeemurphy_us@yahoo.com Hi deemurphy , One way is to use ado.net to insert xml data...

Web resources about - XML Schema that allows XML Fragments - asp.net.xml-datasource

Lithic fragment (geology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lithic fragments , or lithics, are pieces of other rocks that have been eroded down to sand size and now are sand grains in a sedimentary rock ...

Fragment on the App Store on iTunes
Get Fragment on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Scattered puzzle pieces next to solved fragment - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... on a white surface. Some are with the face up while others are with the face down. On the right upper corner there is a partially solved fragment ...

A Private Universe (fragments) - YouTube
With its famous opening scene at a Harvard graduation, this classic of education research brings into sharp focus the dilemma facing all educators: ...

Syrian tablet fragment shatters long-held beliefs about origin of music
The Ugarit tablet offers a glimpse into an age once thought to be silent, even if its meaning remains elusive.

One-tonne satellite fragments to crash to Earth
Fragments from a science satellite are likely to crash to Earth late Sunday or early Monday after the one-tonne probe breaks up at the end of ...

Koran fragments found in Birmingham are from the time of Muhammad, test shows
One of the world's oldest manuscripts has been found in a university library by a PhD student. London: Fragments of what researchers say are ...

Scientists find Russian meteor fragments
Sky News is Australia's leader in 24-hour news. Scientists have discovered fragments of the meteor that spectacularly plunged over Russia's Ural ...

Door and tail fragment of Malaysia flight MH370 possibly found: Vietnam
A Vietnamese plane has reportedly sighted debris from the missing Malaysia Airlines jet floating in the waters of the Gulf of Thailand.

Bubonic plague fragments in New York subway
It's universally acknowledged that the New York subway is grubby.