SQL client coding with C# and Writing web service codes with C#

Hi all,

Can anybody give me the best link to learn the below topics

1. SQL client coding with C#
2. Writing web service codes with C#

thanks in advace
0
bijujoseph
1/25/2008 7:29:21 AM
asp.net.xml-datasource 7181 articles. 0 followers. Follow

bijujoseph:
2. Writing web service codes with C#

check out below link >

Step by step tutorial > Creating a Windows Service in C#

how to create and install win service / setup > CodeProject: Windows Services in Action I. Free source code and programming articles

and this one is a simple example which is a b'day schedular using window service > Birthday Wish Scheduler in C#

hope ithelps./.

Thanx,
[KaushaL] || BloG || Profile || Microsoft MVP

"I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code"

This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers.
0
kaushalparik27
1/25/2008 8:41:57 AM
Hi Kaushal,

Thanks a lot for your reply.
But I am looking for web services, not window services.

I need the help in the below topics

1. SQL client coding with C#
2. Writing web service codes with C#

bijujoseph
1/25/2008 9:14:00 AM

my apologies for the wrong post.. i should have read the question twice.. anyway...

for Web Service.. if you try googling.. you would get lots of helpful links.. like 15 Seconds : Creating a .NET Web Service

Programming .NET Web Services: Chapter 2: Creating ASP.NET Web Services

ONDotnet.com -- Creating ASP.NET Web Services, Part 1

Reference Link > create web service in asp.net - Google Search

bijujoseph:
1. SQL client coding with C#

SQL client coding: can you specify more clearly ??

we use System.Data.SqlClient namespace for sql server related operations in ADO.NET. you can find some help at ADO.NET Sample Application and Manipulating Data (ADO.NET). another article is Simple ADO.NET Database Read, Insert, Update and Delete using C#..

pls let me know if this is not what you want...thanx./.

Thanx,
[KaushaL] || BloG || Profile || Microsoft MVP

"I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code"

This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers.
0
kaushalparik27
1/25/2008 9:31:01 AM
Hi Kaushal,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply with the relevant material.

Do you know anything about SQL client coding with C#?
0
bijujoseph
1/25/2008 9:39:39 AM
Hi kaushal,

I got the requirement like "Experience of SQL client coding with either C# or VB"

I have only this much description.
0
bijujoseph
1/25/2008 9:45:15 AM

bijujoseph:
"Experience of SQL client coding with either C# or VB"

ok.. so the links that i posted in previous post.. that is about ADO.NET... you can refer to them as we use (SqlClient) System.Data.SqlClient Namespace () when we use sql server as back end...

you can also download this helpfile on ADO.NET nutshell which is having detail study on SqlClient namespace.. >  O_Reilly-ADO.Dot.Net.In.A.Nutshell.chm click on link "Click here to Download"

hope it helps./.

Thanx,
[KaushaL] || BloG || Profile || Microsoft MVP

"I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code"

This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers.
0
kaushalparik27
1/25/2008 10:24:46 AM
Hey Koushal,

I got the idea about SQL client coding with C#.
It is entirely different from what we think.
We can write C# code in MS SQL Server 2005.

Check the link
http://www.novicksoftware.com/Presentations/clr-programming-dotnet-sql-server-2005-yukon/clr-dotnet-sql-server-2005-yukon.htm
0
bijujoseph

Update sql code in web Service in C#
   [WebMethod]     public void UpdateData(string fname, string lname, string location, int ab)     {     SqlConnection con = new SqlConnection(@"Data Source=IMGO-647564CA63\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=pancha;Integrated Security=True");     con.Open();     SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand("UPDATE info SET lname='" + lname + "', '" + location + "','" + ab + "'Where(fname = '" + fname + "'"); ...

Translate c#.net code to vb.net code
Hi I can usually do the translation myself, but this time I am a bit stumped  Let us consider to rewrite Urls (more than 16000 links) using a table. Save original url and rewritten url in a table. Now add a class file in App_Code folder. class UrlRewriteModule : IHttpModule{    public void Dispose()    {        // Nothing to dispose    }    public void Init(HttpApplication context)    {        context.BeginRequest += new EventHandler(context...

It works as C code, but not as Inline::C code
I am sorry to bother the list, because I am quite certain this is my mistake. If this is the wrong list, I again apologize - I saw no other mailing lists for Inline. I tried browsing the archives, but saw nothing relevant and I honestly could not think of a search query for my problem. If this is considered a bug, I do have the reportbug tarball ready for email. I am using perl 5.6.1 on Solaris 8 compiled with gcc 2.95.1. I am using Parse::RecDescent v1.80 and Inline v0.43. I am using the same gcc now as when I compiled perl. I am attempting to use Inline::C to link against an ...

Publishing a .NET web service through a Batch file or C# code
Hi All,I need to automate the process of publishing a web service.I have the source code of a .NET web service & am using the MSBuild in nant to build it.Now similarly I also need to publish it on the local machine through an exe so that I can put it as a task in nant.Is there any way to accomplish this ?Warm regards,Shantanu    Add an install project to the solution. It'll create an windows installer exe for your project.  ...

Landing c-c-breaking changes that remove c-c-only code from m-c
Thanks to the work that Anne has done on the Encoding Standard specification and the work that Masatoshi Kimura and I have done to progressively implement the specification in Firefox, we are now at a point where there's a whole bunch of internationalization-related dead code in Firefox. The code is still used by mailnews, though. I am not done preparing the removal patches yet, but with my current patch queue I can already get 149 KB off of Android ARMv7 optimized apk size and 138 KB off of Android ARMv7 optimized libxul size. (I'm not sure what sort of size wins are conside...

Landing c-c-breaking changes that remove c-c-only code from m-c
Thanks to the work that Anne has done on the Encoding Standard specification and the work that Masatoshi Kimura and I have done to progressively implement the specification in Firefox, we are now at a point where there's a whole bunch of internationalization-related dead code in Firefox. The code is still used by mailnews, though. I am not done preparing the removal patches yet, but with my current patch queue I can already get 149 KB off of Android ARMv7 optimized apk size and 138 KB off of Android ARMv7 optimized libxul size. (I'm not sure what sort of size wins are conside...

Is it possible to write code in C# and VB.Net in one web project?
We are about to start working on new website. Development will be done using VS2005. One guy is comfortable in C# and I am comfortable in VB.NET. Is it possible to create multi language project/solution?  If yes, what the best approach to start working on this kind of site. There will be around 10-15 classes for our Data access. Currently those classes are written in VB and lies in App_Code folder. Any help would be greatly appreicated. Thanks,   Unfortunately you cannot "mix" languages in one single project. What you could do is use a single file page (no code behind) and ...

how to convert VB.NET code this code to C#
Hi I have the following code whihc I need to convert to C# since I dont know VB.NET any ideas how to do this: Imports System.IO Imports System.Reflection Add the following code to the class: Private Function GetSql(ByVal Name As String) As String Try ' Get the current assembly. Dim Asm As [Assembly] = [Assembly].GetExecutingAssembly() ' Resources are named using a fully qualified name. Dim strm As Stream = Asm.GetManifestResourceStream(Asm.GetName().Name + "." + Name) ' Read the contents of the embedded file. ...

what is the equivalent C# code for the below Vb.net code
Hello Mate!,                 Could you please tell me the Equivalent C# CODE. This the code: Public Class DatabaseDim Conn_String As String  Public Sub New() Conn_String = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("SQL").ConnectionString End SubPublic Sub ExecuteNonQuery(ByVal procName As String, ByVal parameters As Object())Dim ctr As Integer = 0 ctr = SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(Conn_String, procName, parameters) End Sub  Public Function ExecuteReader(ByVal procName As String, ByVal pa...

pseudo code for XML to C++ code conversion
Can somebody please help me in understanding the following pseudo code for converting XML file into C++???-    Interface Node {      String generateCode(); };  Class Element {     Public:      String getProperty(String name);     Element getChild(String name);     List getChildren(); //Returns all children     List getChildren(String name); //returns the children for given name. }  //This class represents a variable Class varNode implements Node {  ...

C# code in code behind vs inline C# in aspx pages
I know that when there is C# code in the code behind of an aspx page the assembly needs to be recompiled and released when the code is changed.  But what if the code is inline (actually INSIDE the aspx page)?  What happens then?  Is there some type of assembly in a temporary directory that gets created?  If so, if the aspx page is just opened up in a text file and the cs is edited will this temporary assembly get updated? This is just a series of questions I've been curious about but don't have any idea how iis works.  Any answers/points to readings would be...

how to write the code for connection in c#.net
 what is the simple way of writing code for the connection  with sql server  in c# .net could any one provideme with the code for the same ism not been able to understand the funda  of using class for the connection purpose if any one knows plz let me know i am waiting SqlConnection con = new SqlConnection("connection string"); // you will find connection strings at http://www.connectionstrings.com/con.Open();//if you want to execute some command then simplySqlCommand cmd=new  SqlCommand ("select command goes here", con);int rowsaffected =...

Web resources about - SQL client coding with C# and Writing web service codes with C# - asp.net.xml-datasource

File:P writing.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License , Version 1.2 or ...

Review: Apple Pencil is the best iPad writing tool yet … if you can handle the Pro’s size
... While Pencil is not required to use the iPad Pro, it’s especially interesting because it’s Apple’s first official solution for handwriting, ...

What's Next After #NaBloPoMo? Introducing the BlogHer Writing Lab
... While we'll retain the name #NaBloPoMo for the November challenge, daily prompts during the other eleven months now exist as the BlogHer Writing ...

16 Tips on Blog Writing and Formatting
... same ideas over and over again. My point is that you ought to take advice with a grain of salt. And that applies to this post as well. Writing ...

On Gratitude and Writing Your Own Story
... after all this, it’s time that I realize that my story only needs me to complete it. I don’t need to wait for my story to be written. I’m writing ...

Jaden Smith ‘sees himself as a modern-day prophet’ & he’s writing a book
I feel sorry for the Smith kids, Jaden and Willow. They have all that money, access and potential, and they’re just… struggling, I think. Part ...

App turns your writing into trippy 3D images
It's easy to imagine a piece of art in your head, but making it real is another matter if you're not an artist. Wouldn't it be nice if you could ...

"Goodnight Mommy" Directors Are Re-Writing The Rules Of Horror
And the Academy just may take notice. Aside from categories like Best Makeup and Best Visual Effects, horror films aren't usually among the ...

Jonathan Blow Is Writing His Own Programming Language
Jonathan Blow making his case. Image via YouTube. Computers claim to streamline everything from feeding yourself to finding a spouse, but they ...

Did Conservatives Start Creative Writing Programs to Fight the Cold War?
In 1946, there were only two programs in creative writing at American universities—one at Iowa and another at Stanford. In 1967, when the Associated ...