Web Matrix vs VS.NET

Hi,

I'm a newbie and is curious about the difference between the two?
regards /xaphod
0
xaphod
8/18/2003 8:55:03 AM
asp.net.web-matrix 2237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can find the difference at here
Regards,
0
Colt

C#.NET in VS.NET vs. C# in Web Matrix
Hi all, I am very new to .NET ... I realized C#.NET is only available from Visual Studio.NET ... however, I realized Web Matrix also allowed us to choose C# as language but not C#.NET ... they are not the same, right? If not, then why it's in Web Matrix which runs ASP.NET?? If I need to run C#.Net, I MUST GET VS.NET, right? Can C#.NET has the abality to create chat program? Thank you very much. C#.NET and C# are the same thing. JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]Old Dog Learns New TricksPreferred programming language: cuneiform on clay tablets So ... that means I can use web matrix t...

Web Matrix Vs. VS.Net
Is one have more features than the other?? I got WebMatrix with a code book I use and it seems to do the job, but I was unsure of the capabilities it has. Any suggestions??- km______________________________________"always here and always forever"...

VS.Net vs. Web Matrix
I have used the Web Matrix with a couple of books who use it and thought is was really cool. I would like to use it more but my issue is that no one at work knows about it. All our developers use VS.Net. So I don't want to be the odd man out. So my question is: how are people here using it? In a development environment? Just for learning? Are most people using it for just learning and then planning to move up to VS.net? I am not looking down at the web matrix. I am a big fan of it. I am also a huge fan of Front Page 2003 too which most of our devs can’t see the value ...

web matrix vs vs.net
i am confused about what web matrix is for. can't i do everything in visual studio? do i need web matrix to develop an asp.net application in visual studio? Hi, If you have visual studio.net, just forget web matrix. Web matrix is a free development tool provided for beginners or rather users who cannot afford to have visual studio.net (price, license etc.,) If you have visual studio.net, you can pretty well do asp.net applications. don't bother about web matrix. Hope it clarifies. Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh HI! I have Visual Studio .net(lice...

VS.NET cannot detect Web Matrix web server
I'm running VS.NET 2003 on XP Home, so I have Web Matrix installed as a web server (I don't have IIS).I wanted to create my first web application with VS.NET, but when I select New Project -> asp.net web application I get the following message:VS.NET cannot detect a web server running asp.net 1.1... etc.I have the NET framework installed (SDK). Also I notice that I do not have a web server icon in my system tray. Do I have to do something to configure or enable Web Matrix web server (I only installed it).Many thanksChris Hey,VS.NET 2003 requires IIS; Web Matrix local web serve...

Web Matrix vs. VS.NET... which one to use ????
What's the advantage of using Web Matrix instead of VS ????? I'm very new to the .NET world and was wondering why this product was created and for that matter, why take the steam away from VS.NET ???? Is it because it's a "lightweight" IDE for ASP which does basically the same things as VS ???? Thanks for the input guys Mike Mike, Web Matrix is a good free alternative if you don't have the budget for VS.Net. Also it loads quicker so sometimes it's nice to open for a quick change rather than VS.Net. Additionally it's nicer to work with for quick changes to no...

possible to use both vs.net and web matrix for web application development?
Hello there, i am wondering will it possible to develop a web application using a mixture of web matrix and VS.NET? Say for example, on my application, i developing a web service module(both client n web service ) in VS.NET while my teammates is doing their web application module using webmatrix. Once integrated into a system will it work? Do note that these modules dont share the same data, hence no data exhange will occur. Both the application will be using VB.NET as well. Pls someone answer my doubts, thanks! If you do component programming ofcourse yes. it is like one ...

vs.net and web matrix
do these applications work together? if i have vs.net can share work with someone using web matrix? how would i get the web matrix projects into my vs.net project? I don't think webmatrix supports code behind files. I am not sure on thsi as I have never really used it myself. I am also unsure if webmatrix uses sln files like visual studio does. I always thought that webmatrix ran the SDK and followed the same setup as it as far as what files and what type of files it supports. You could get someone working on either one to collaborate on a project, it just won't be as easy as...

Going from VS.NET to Web Matrix
What type of changes does one have to make to the code to make it go from VS.NET to Web Matrix? Thanks in advance!Graphfixz Data & Web Designhttp://www.graphfixz.com If you have not made many changes to your portal you may want to consider changing to the SDK version for webMatrix. You will still have to compile the component library with the command line. There is an add in the webMatrix forum that can compile the .cs and .vb files.No Animals were harmed in the making of the Application Hammer12 Hi, You might have interest to take a look at my blog about the migration f...

Work with Web Matrix but not with VS.NET ...
Hi, My code can insert user details into a table using MS access with WebMatrix. But when i add these forms (*.aspx) into a new project using VS.NET. It runs and displayed a web form. When i enter some values in it and click submit, this error keep poping up ... Could anyone help to tell me why ?? Thanks alot. --------------------- Here is the error: --------------------- Operation must use an updateable query. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the e...

uninstall Web Matrix for VS.NET?
Hi, I am currently using Web Matrix for my ASP.NET application. I realized if I need to install VS.NET, I MUST first uninstall web matrix. My question is ... after I uninstall VS.NET, are all my .aspx pages works in VS.NET? Are there anything I need to change (eg. configuration and etc) in order to run my ASP.NET application in VS.NET? Thanks. No need to uninstall webmatrix. I have both VS.NET and webmatrix installed on my machine, no problems at all.Blindeddie...

Web Matrix and VS.net question
I have a good page created by using Web Matrix. Now, I want to add this .aspx file into my web project using VS.net 2003. When I built my project, some errors occured, informing that some namespaces doesn 't exist. I don't know how to add a page created by using Web Matrix into project using VS.net 2003. If you know, please help me. Thanks a lot! Actually, I got the same problem with you, but someone told me "probably just copy and paste your code between 2 tools, becuase it seems not to provide functionality in VS.2003 which you can add webform"William Chen...

convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003
hi how can i convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003 and how i know that the application is made in vs.net 2002 and not in vs.net 2003 and thank for your time VS.NEt 2003 detects 2002 project format automatically when you try to open 2002 project with it. It also asks you if the project needs to be converted into 2003 format (if I remember right conversion must be done to use the project in 2003). If you say yes, it does the conversion and you don't have to do anything. Note that VS.NEt 2002 can't open 2003 projects.Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU thank you for your...

Converting a VS 2005 Web Application to a VS .NET 2003 Web Application
Well it seems that I am going against the stream here, but one of our clients wants the web application I wrote in Visual Studio 2005 to be deployed using Visual Studio .NET 2003. What's the best way to go about this without rewriting the whole dang thing? I would probably create a new 2003 project, copy all of your aspx and other files into it, attempt a build and see what happens.  If you didn't use a lot of the new controls (like membership, personalization, masterpages etc, then you will probably be ok with just minor changes.  If you did rely on a lot of the newer c...

Web resources about - Web Matrix vs VS.NET - asp.net.web-matrix

Matrix digital rain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Matrix digital rain , Matrix code or sometimes green rain , is the computer code featured in the Matrix series . The falling green code is a ...

Today’s apps gone free: Runtastic Pro, Todo Number Matrix, gTasks and more
... Use Your Handwriting GOLD is available for free for a limited time. It has a 4-star rating with a total of 3503 ratings. Todo Number Matrix: ...

The matrix of India’s ‘source’ journalism
Such has been outlandish frequency of statements attributed to anonymous "sources" across India’s media outlets in recent weeks that I visited ...

Audi bringing matrix 'organic' LED concept to Frankfurt
Filed under: Videos , Frankfurt Motor Show , Audi , Technology , Concept Cars Audi is bringing a concept to the Frankfurt motor show with a new ...

"As a kid, I was searching for my tribe of other people who saw through the matrix."
"Even as a kid I could never buy into the status quo. I just thought it was a joke; I couldn't believe other people weren't laughing at it." ...

'Matrix' actress Essie Davis joins 'Game of Thrones'
... HBO representative didn't immediately respond to Business Insider's request for confirmation on the casting. Davis has starred in "The Matrix: ...

September 2015: Unofficial Problem Bank list declines to 276 Institutions, Q3 2015 Transition Matrix
... and Anthem Bank & Trust, Plaquemine, LA ($136 million). With it being the end of the third quarter, we bring an update on the transition matrix. ...

New Film Theory Suggests Neo Isn't The One In The Matrix Trilogy
... The latest video from the Youtube channel, The Film Theorists , presents a theory that Mr. Anderson is NOT the One in the Wachowskis' The Matrix ...

Matrix-style Brain Implant Could Boost Memory
DARPA researchers want to place electrode arrays on brains to improve recall and reinforce muscle memories that don't exist.

Enter The Matrix! This iPad App Lets You "See" Wi-Fi Signals
... over everything. If you could see it, everything around us would ripple with information, like dropping a tab of acid after watching The Matrix ...