Insert controls into a table cell? (Table managment)

Hi.

I can not manage to drag and drop web-controls into a single table cell?
I am currently designing a registration form where I want to have f.e. a textbox inside a table cell. Is this possible at all or do I have to insert/manage the asp:textbox by using the code editor?
I noticed Dreamweaver MX had the feature to select each cell (really create table control actually) individually, but that was a regular form. DWMX have ASP.NET support but only a few basic web-controls.
I really want to use WebMatrix so a solution for this is really wanted!
Thanks.
0
jesava
8/5/2003 9:00:36 AM
asp.net.web-matrix 2237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Have you tried using the table control on the HTML Elements tab of the Toolbox instead of an asp:table control? That works much better in Design view. (Or try the Insert Table command on the HTML menu.)
-- Mike Pope

ASP.NET User Education

mikepope

Inserting a web control into a table cell
Is there any way to insert a web control into a table cell AT DESIGN TIME using VS.NET? regards Yes you can do that, inside of table cell where ever you want, you keep the control, then it's going to be in the cell!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti Sorry, doesn't work. Did you try it before? I think a table cell is not like a panel where you can drag and drop controls. Am I right? After doing in design time here is what I have the code!! (Work in runtime also!!) <%@ Page Language="VB" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-...

Convert a html table control to a Table Web Server Control
How Convert a html table control to a Table Web Server Control? add runat="server" attribute to the <table> tag...

HTML Table or Web Control Table?
Hi, I am wondering what is the purpose of using Table web control? It seems to me kind of hard to just drag and drop a textbox or other web controls in the table ... unlike HTML table, we can drag a web controls and just drop it inside the HTML table cell ...? Is there any good tutorial for just how to use the Table control?? There is Microsoft tutorial for table control, is there any others site? I assume you are talking about a data control such as a data grid, data list, or repeater. Try these artciles.... http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/052103-1.aspx http://msdn.micr...

How to insert any control like link button into web table control
Thanks You can't add a web control to a Table Control, because it is not right... You have to create a TableCell, insert it into a TableRow... The TableRow goes into the Table. Your data (controls, text, etc) goes into the TableCell (just as the TDs in an HTML). Example: //Create Row and Cell TableRow tr = new TableRow (); TableCell tc = new TableCell(); //add the link button TO THE CELL; LinkButton lb = new LinkButton (); lb.Text = "This"; tc.Controls.Add (lb); //add the cell to the row and the row to the table tr.Cells.Add (tc); Tab...

Is having a trigger that inserts a row in Table 'A', when a row in same table is inserted by ADo.Net code?
I want to insert a row for a Global user  in Table 'A' whenever ADO.Net code inserts a Local user row into same table. I recommended using a trigger to implement this functionality, but the DBA was against it, saying that stored proecedures should be used, since triggers are unreliable and slow down the system by placing unecessary locks on the table. Is this true OR the DBA is saying something wrong? My thinking is that Microsoft will never include triggers if they are unreliable and the DBA is just wanting to offload the extra DBA task of triggers to the programmer so that a s...

Inserting Data Into Two Tables (Getting ID from Table 1 and inserting into Table 2)
I am trying to insert data into two different tables. I will insert into Table 2 based on an id I get from the Select Statement from Table1.  Insert Table1(Title,Description,Link,Whatever)Values(@title,@description,@link,@Whatever)Select WhateverID from Table1 Where Description = @DescriptionInsert into Table2(CategoryID,WhateverID)Values(@CategoryID,@WhateverID)  This statement is not working. What should I do? Should I use a stored procedure?? I am writing in C#. Can someone please help!!  Insert Table1(Title,Description,Link,Whatever)Values(@title,@descri...

masterpage and control formatting (table control, HTML table control)
I have a master page that contains 1 contentplaceholder.  In my default.aspx (that uses the masterpage layout) I have a table server control.  During page_load I get the data I need and repeatedly add the usercontrol to the table control, one user control per row.  My user control is basically a HTML table with several rows and columns that's populated with data upon creation. I want this table to fill the contentplaceholder's width. In addition within the masterpage I have a CSS link for my stylesheet. Here are my questions: Is there a better way of adding ...

How to insert into two tables at (Master table and Detail table)
I was hoping that the asp.net/learn/dataaccess would have had a tutorial for inserting into a MasterRecord and DetailRecord.  I have a page that I am working on that is a Reciepe. The Master Record has details such as customer, mix name, create date. The Detail Records has Ingredient Name, Ingredient Amount, etc. I have been following the DAL and BLL concept of the asp.net/learn/dataccess tutorials. Does anyone know of an example that I can follow of setting up two tables and inserting into two tables from the same Button_click event. Thanks, John Hi jfeeney, You just need to reme...

events for table cell web control
hi, is it possible to add onClick, onMouseOver events for a table cell? I want to trigger a procedure when the user clicks on a cell. Thnx 4 any hlp.I have understanding as well as you! Not to my knowledge. I just checked System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlTableCell properties and didn't see a mouseover or click event. ...

Tables?! Why Tables?!
Bit random...but why does everything have to be rendered as a table?  It's starting to get quite annoying.  Formview - does this need to be a table?  the Menu??  Wouldn't it make sense to allow the option to...say...not render a Menu as a table?  Am I the only one that thinks this or are there others?  www.internetgeeks.co.ukwww.norwichbookclub.co.uk You can use CSS Adapters to create your own adapters to override how the controls render it self. In the next version of ASP.Net, you will probably have more flexibility to specify the surrounding elements of th...

Passing data from table cell to table cell
Hi there, My web application includes a HTML table like left frame and right frame (2colums and 1 row). On the left table cell there is a user control with a dropdownlist plus a submit button. My goal on the right table cell is to get the data from left cell and redirect to my Exchange OWA form on the right cell ("http://exchange.mydomain.com/exchange/" & myVariable & "/calendar/") when I triggered the submit button on the left. I have tried the method "server.transfer" and "response.redirect" but no luck. My questions are: 1. Is it...

From Table to Table
I am working in Delphi 4 and ran into a roadblock I am unfamiliar with. I am trying to search and find values in one table based off of matching values in another. For example a table of objects with fields like name, description, type, ect; and a table of object properties in which each object can be represented multiple times based on the settings on the page at the time. So if i search the object property table (and eventually loop through to repeat for all objects) to find all cases of visible objects when a certain criteria is met. It stops on the first object with "Yes" in th...

Improper display of table cell borders for a table within a table
Name: Jack Cannon Email: jcannonflataoldotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Improper display of table cell borders for a table within a table Comments: I would like to submit what I believe is a small problem with Firefox. Please look at the following website using both Firefox and Internet Explorer and observe the difference: http://www.selets.com/index.htm The top banner consists of a logo in the center and four table cells on each side. Each group of four table cells is a single table inserted into another table. The problem is that the eight table cells should have a red...

How do i enter NULL in a table cell in the Enterprise Manager UI for table data entry?
I have a column defined as smalldatetime. Default length (4), and "allow NULLS" is checked.In the Enterprise Manager UI, when i enter data into that table row, if i just tab past that column, all is well, and the value is represented in the UI as <NULL>.The problem comes once i ever enter a date into that column.  Say i have entered a date (all is well), and now i want to remove that entry and go back to NULL (after the date value has been committed, different entry session, say).How is that done?It seems to me, once a date has ever been entered into that column, now, if i tr...

Web resources about - Insert controls into a table cell? (Table managment) - asp.net.web-matrix

New remote controlled helicopter used for forestry managment
New remote controlled helicopter used for forestry management

Application Performnce Managment - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on Application Performnce Managment from TechWorld

New remote controlled helicopter used for forestry managment
New remote controlled helicopter used for forestry management

Credit Managment 101 - The Afro-American Newspapers - Your Community. Your History. Your News.
Check out related stories, research genealogies, or peruse all that our archives have to offer. Click Here to get started! In today's world of ...

Fast-Growing Cloud Managment Start-Up Okta Hires Two New VPs
Cloud management start-up Okta has been growing like crazy during the last year. With the explosion of different cloud services aimed at businesses, ...

Amtel adds free tier to its enterprise Mobile Device Managment service
Monday, telecommunications management solutions company Amtel announced it added a free tier to its Mobile Device Management (MDM) services for ...

Halliburton, Schlumberger biggest beneficiaries of U.S. - Iran deal, says Chilton Capital Managment ...
As analysts work overtime forecasting the effects that an agreement between the governments of the U.S. and Iran will have on the oil market, ...

Exxon's Rex Tillerson sees climate change as risk managment problem - cleveland.com
Climate change, if it is caused by humans, can be managed, said the head of Exxon Mobile. If climate change is caused by something else, human ...

Covering Customer Experience, Social Business & Information Managment
News, discussions, reviews and best practices related to customer experience management, digital marketing, enterprise information management ...

Comparison: IT portfolio management and financial portfolio managment
IT portfolio management involves more considerations than financial portfolios, but uses similarly rigorous assessment techniques.