How to Open VB.Net Projects in Web Matrix

Hi,

I thought VB.Net is compatible with ASP.NET. Today I was trying to open an elderly VB.Net Project in my Web Matrix Server to include the Project in a new ASP.NET Project, but it was not posible. I could only view it in script version.

What is the best way to integrate VB.NET Projects in an ASP.Net Project working with Web Matrix??

Thanks.

0
Frannanny0
7/31/2005 4:44:26 PM
asp.net.web-matrix 2237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The issue is not one of language compatibility (using Visual Basic in
ASP.NET), but of how Visual Studio .NET created projects (Web
applications) and Web pages. In the VS .NET model, pages were created
with a code-behind class file that used a model that is not inherently
supported in Web Matrix, which effectively supports only the
single-file page model.

I'm not aware of a way to migrate Visual Studio .NET projects to the format used by Web Matrix, except of course by hand. (Tedious.) Some time ago Colt had a post on migration, but I'm not aware of any tools to do this automatically.

-- Mike Pope

ASP.NET User Education

mikepope

Web resources about - How to Open VB.Net Projects in Web Matrix - asp.net.web-matrix

Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the urban low-income housing buildings called projects, see public housing . For other uses, see Project (disambiguation) . The word project ...

The Project Shrink - Welcome To Shrinkonia.
... about the importance of the environment we work in and the stories we tell, we should have a Set Designer and a Storyteller on our projects. ...

Better Projects
I think this book by Tobias is beautifully written. There is real craftmanship in the prose here. The book is made up of independent self contained ...

Letters to Nauru: child penpals bond in Befriend A Child In Detention project
Letters written by Preston schoolchildren to children in detention on Nauru have mysteriously disappeared.

"Middle-class and higher-income parents see their children as projects in need of careful cultivation..." ...
"They try to develop their skills through close supervision and organized activities, and teach children to question authority figures and navigate ...

Kelly Rowland is working on her first music project in years — here's what to expect
Kelly Rowland exclusively told INSIDER that she's working on her first music video in two and half years. "I haven’t said that to anybody, but ...

14 of the most intelligent AI scientists working on Google's DeepMind project
Google DeepMind, a group of approximately 140 people aiming to "solve intelligence" in London, is arguably one of the most interesting technology ...

Divers work to clean up failed Florida reef project from the '70s
Up to two million tires, bundled by metal clips, were dumped to create an artificial reef; but now they're damaging it

$21 Million And 7 Years Later, New Ocean Energy Project Will Imitate Kelp
... under water off the Australia coast, where it will generate electricity from swells $21 Million And 7 Years Later, New Ocean Energy Project ...

Fortune Feimster Upped To Regular On ‘The Mindy Project’
Fortune Feimster , who joined the fourth season of comedy series The Mindy Project as a recurring, has been promoted to series regular. Feimster ...