Client Side script not functioning through IIS

Hello,

I have some client side VBScripts which use the FileSystemObject and WScript objects. If I put them into a HTML page they work fine if I just run the page and execute the script. However, as soon as I serve them through IIS they no longer function as they can't create the Active X Component.
I get the following error:
Active X compnent can't create object: FileSystemObject
or
Active X compnent can't create object: WScript
I guess it's a permissions thing but don't know IIS very much at all and have only just started with client side scripting. Any ideas?
0
maroney
9/11/2003 7:43:13 PM
asp.net.web-matrix 2237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Are you sure the 'setting setting' on the client browser permit the 'download' / 'running' of the ActiveX component?
Regards,
0
Colt
9/11/2003 8:57:16 PM
I believe so, as I said, it work if I just run the html page (Double click on it in windows explorer) but not when the page is served by IIS. Even though it's the exact same page!

I can only get it to work if it's a HTA, not a HTML, HTM or ASPX
0
maroney
9/11/2003 9:03:50 PM
Essentially, ASP.NET Web form support this kind of client scripting.

I've a web form that hosting ActiveX control and/or .NET control without problem.
Can you show us some of your code, and see whether the server & client script is mixed.
Regards,
0
Colt
9/12/2003 9:51:58 AM
The VBScript is:

Sub LoadFile(sFileName)
Dim oWS
'Create the WScript object
Set oWS = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
'Load the requested application
MsgBox(sFileName)
oWS.Run(sFileName)
End Sub
I simply call this function using a link on the web page and pass in the name of a fixed batch file at the moment (Just as a test). This works fine until I serve the page via IIS!
0
maroney

IIS stops client side script from functioning
Hello, I have some client side VBScripts which use the FileSystemObject and WScript objects. If I put them into a HTML page they work fine if I just run the page and execute the script. However, as soon as I serve them through IIS they no longer function as they can't create the Active X Component. I get the following error: Active X compnent can't create object: FileSystemObject or Active X compnent can't create object: WScript I guess it's a permissions thing but don't know IIS very much at all and have only just started with client side scripting. Does anyone know w...

Client side script calling Server side functions
Hi, I'm currently developing an ajax.net enabled aspx page that contains a usercontrol (which is based on the listbox but extends it to include icons to represent invalid data). http://www.djcharlie.co.uk/WeeeCareResolutionCentre.jpg I want the onClick event of the selected TR to call an asp.net server function which then populates the controls to the right hand side in the page. Obviously because the row is just rendered HTML overriden from the base class I can only assign a javascript function to the onClick event. So I need a way of calling a server side function that will populate th...

calling server side function from client side script
i have a web form that includes a function named "koko()" in its server side class i want to write a script code in in its HTML script that will be run at the client side, and this client side script will call the function "koko()" from the server side. in brief : i want to call a server side function from a client side script... can you help me in this You can't call server-side code directly from client-side code. You can, however, trigger a postback that your server-side code watches for and triggers the server-side code appropriately. You can do some ...

client-side scripting or server-side scripting
I want to perform data validation in my page using javascript before the data is sent to my server, but I am very confuse that I don't know which way to perform, client-side validation or server-side validation? My javascript bible told me that javascript is a client-side scripting for data validation in client pc, but when I look in my asp.net bible, the validation part is done at server side. The worst is that, I find no way to use javascript in .asp or .aspx environment. I am really confuse with all these, could any one help me on this? Thanks. Use .NET validator co...

I have a question which is, when building a .net project, we are able to use server side code and client side code(java script). How do they communicate? Thanks Client Side coding works with the WebBrowser. So when ever you write client side code you have to keep browser compatability in your mind and you have to code. Server Side code works with Web Server (IIS) and it's ASPNET ISAPI's. The won't directly communicate with each other. But using AJAX you can all server side code from Client Side! Example article on Ajax@ http://www.devarticles.com/index2.php?option=content&task=...

How do I call server side function in client side script without using __doPostBack
Hello, My page has a server side panel that is hidden when the page loaded, checkboxes inside of the datagrid, and buttons.  If at least one checkbox is not clicked and the user click on the button, I show the panel.  When the user click on one of the checkbox, I want to hide the panel.  Onclick on the checkbox I already have a cleint function to change the row color.  I don't want to use __doPostBack.  Don't want to do postback. My question are: How do I either have checkbox onclick called both client and server side functions.  Or have the client side func...

client side script Vs Server side Script
Which is better ? Using Client Side validations with Java Script or Using Server Side validation controls provided in asp.net You should use both... Client-side for a rich user experience and server-side to support browsers without javascript support or with javascript turned off....

How to call a client side script from a server side script?
Hi guys, I have a Button1_Click function which gets executed on the server side as soon as Button1 is clicked. I have a client side function, test, which is  written in vbscript. I need to call this test function from the Button1_Click function. Can anyone of you please tell me how to do this? The test function is inside an asp:content tag (Please excuse my terminology if I am wrong, I am new to all this).  Thanks and Regards, RJ Have you tried to use the below code Button1.Attributes.Add("onclick","test()"); HCHaissam Abdul MalakMCAD.NET| Blog | Yes, ...

Client-Side scripting vs Server-Side scripting
hello I need an article that spaeks about Client-Side scripting vs Server-Side scripting,and when i need to use one of them thank you for the help and for the time here are some good links to a bunch of articles on that subject...

Call server-side script from client-side script
Hi to all, I would like to ask you How can i call from client-side script a server-side script and to have the result from the server-side script in the client-side script. For example, i wand to call a function writing in server-side (DynaScript) script from a client-side script (JAVASCRIPT) and to have an answer from the function. Thanks in advance. Nick, One way that you could get round this is to write your client script code as you would server script eg. <SCRIPT language=javascript> function getValue()... would be written as: <% psDocument.WriteLn(&...

Difference between client side scripting and server side scripting
Hi,      Can u  plz, explain why the server side scripting is necessary, inorder to write the client side scripting. What is the main difference between the client side scripting and server side scripting. Client-side scripting is code that is executed on the client side, such as JavaScript. Server-side scripting is code that is executed on the server, such as VB, VB.NET, C#, or J#. For a better definition of server-side scripting and when it's necessary, please visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server-side_scriptingRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP...

List of client side function of extenders and controls for client side

Web Matrix and IIS. Page is not opening from Web Matrix. HELP!!!
Hi, I am running XP Pro with IIS + Web Matrix. I used all tips for fixing .NET in Web Matrix (XML config tips). When I am testing pages from Web Matrix http://localhost:8080/test.aspx nothing shows up in a browser. It is just white. However if I select Open in Web Browser from Web Matrix browser shows directory listing with all files. Once I click on one of those files again nothing happens. My configuration: Win XP SP1 with IIS running, Hardware router D-Link for sharing cable internet connection between 3 computers (port 8080 is open). Is it possible to get Web Matrix server to ...

Client side script not working through IIS
Hello, I have some client side VBScripts which use the FileSystemObject and WScript objects. If I put them into a HTML page they work fine if I just run the page and execute the script. However, as soon as I serve them through IIS they no longer function as they can't create the Active X Component. I get the following error: Active X compnent can't create object: FileSystemObject or Active X compnent can't create object: WScript I guess it's a permissions thing but don't know IIS very much at all and have only just started with client side scripting. Any ideas? Any idea...

Web resources about - Client Side script not functioning through IIS - asp.net.web-matrix

International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...
by WHO to provide a unifying framework for classifying the health components of functioning and disability. The ICF classification complements ...

Melbourne researchers working on machine to keep donor livers functioning
Melbourne researchers have created a machine that keeps a liver functioning outside of a human body.

'Our cabinet is [still] functioning exceptionally well': Abbott government talking points leaked again ...
The Abbott cabinet is still &quot;functioning exceptionally well&quot;, according to talking points leaked to Fairfax Media&nbsp;for a second ...

Leaked talking points tell ministers to say 'our cabinet is functioning exceptionally well'
Tony Abbott's ministers have been told to say that &quot;our cabinet is functioning exceptionally well,&quot; according to the daily talking ...

‘Barely functioning’ train service months away from fix
It could take months to fix Ballarat’s barely functioning train service unless the government makes significant changes.

Channing Tatum admits he is a 'high-functioning' alcoholic
Channing Tatum talks about drinking, becoming a father and his own childhood in an intimate interview with GQ magazine.

Non-functioning next-gen iPhone prototypes/fakes surface in Bangkok?
... casings surfaced online. Today, Neowin posted images they claim to be a “prototype finalized design casing” of the next-gen iPhone (not a functioning ...

Well-functioning Australian government a distant memory for most public servants
Most breathless young graduate recruits, when asked why they applied to join the Australian Public Service, say that they "want to make a difference." ...

TweetDeck will stop functioning, be removed from Google Play on May 7
Starting May 7, the current TweetDeck app on Android will cease to function, and will then be removed from Google Play the same day.