BC30466: Namespace or type 'UI' for the Imports 'Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.Web.UI' cannot be found.

Hi,

Ok - story so far. I created a web in a single page in WebMatrix. Then I wanted to compile it, so I spilt it into a codebehind and an aspx and at the same time installed VS.Net 2002 and started working in that.
The app uses an MXDataGrid (well 4 actually), but when run in the browser comes up with :
>BC30466: Namespace or type 'UI' for the Imports 'Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.Web.UI' cannot be found.
I have added a reference to "Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.DLL", and added imports but it still doesnt work SO, I have created a tiny test app, that does nothing expect import and show a text box and it still doesnt work :
Heres the code :
WEBFORM1.ASPX

<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Src="WebForm1.aspx.vb" Inherits="WebForm1"%>
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<title>WebForm1</title>
</HEAD>
<asp:TextBox id="TextBox1" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 8px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 8px" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
</form>
</HTML>

and the codebehind WebForm1.Aspx.Vb:

Imports Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.Web.UI
Public Class WebForm1
Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
Protected WithEvents TextBox1 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox
<System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThrough()> Private Sub InitializeComponent()
End Sub
Private Sub Page_Init(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Init
InitializeComponent()
End Sub
#End Region
End Sub
Private Sub TextBox1_TextChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles TextBox1.TextChanged
End Sub
End Class

Thats all. And still I get the BC30466 error. Anyone through any light on this before I pull all my hair out.
Thanks
PsychoB
0
PsychoBunny
8/14/2003 3:00:47 PM
asp.net.web-matrix 2237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi there,

Usually that error is received when you change your aspx page without making the corresponding change to your code-behind file. (sometimes people make the mistake of using code-behind, coding in it, editing some aspx pages, and forgetting to re-compile and then browsing to their page and seeing that error). Can you be more specific about what you've done and the pages you have in your project? You say you're working with VS now, so when you say you "spilt" your page into VS, did you copy/paste the code or add an existing item? Did you remember to build your solution before browsing to the page (is it building correctly?)? Is there a dll compiled in your bin directory?
Thanks,
John
0
johndund
8/15/2003 12:23:11 AM
Hi There,

Yup. Basically having writen a single aspx page with both html code and script within Web Matrix, I then got myself a copy of VS 2002 and created a new project.
I split the aspx page into two, and put all the html related stuff in the aspx, and the code in aspx.vb.
I added the relevant imports, @page directives, and built the page, and got the error.
So then I created a brand new project, and made the project thats in the first post. All this does is show a text box and import the matrix framework (although it doesnt use it).
And even with such a small app, I still get the same error.
And now I'm stuck :-(.
PsychoB
0
PsychoBunny
8/15/2003 10:48:14 AM
it's not that simple, I upload the Webmatrix control to hosting web bin folder and it doesn't work either!  any ideas ??
0
kevinlee

This article talked about how to use the Web Matrix control (i.e. MxDataGrid in your case) in VS.NET with Code Behind page.
FYI: http://weblogs.asp.net/coltk/posts/30462.aspx
Regards,
0
Colt

Namespace or type 'WebControls' for the Imports 'Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls' cannot be found.
I'm trying to get this tab strip control to work within a .Net application. I've run the Build.bat file. I've copied the extracted files to: c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\webctrl_client I've copied the above files to my ASP.Net directory And I've copied the Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll to my BIN directory. The Namespace declaration is still not being recognized and there are no references to this namespace anywhere from within the IDE... What am I doing wrong? Thanks. Doug dexter you have to add the reference to the namespace right click the project and choose "add...

Warning: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'Microsoft.Web.UI' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found.
I have updated an original ASP.NET website running the beta of AJAX and Control Toolkit to an ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled website running the RTM versions of AJAX and the Toolkit.  I keep getting the following warning and it seems like its something related to this upgrade:   Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'Microsoft.Web.UI' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.   I get this error on two different pages, o...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.LiteralControl' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox'
Hello, Goal: enter a number in two fields HoursPerUnit and PeoplePerUnit and the value for the third field, TotalHoursPerUnit will populate after the the number in the two fields have been caculated.  Using the code below I receive the error message above.  Please tell me what am I doing wrong? Do I need to cast the text as a literal?  Please help? Thank you in advance, <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="Default.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="frmHR.aspx.vb" Inherits="frmHR"...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.LiteralControl' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox'.
Hi, any idea why I'm getting the following error?Line 45: protected void CartGrid_RowUpdating(object sender, System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewUpdateEventArgs e) Line 46: { Line 47: TextBox QuantityTextBox = (TextBox)CartGrid.Rows[e.RowIndex].Cells[2].Controls[0]; Line 48: int Quantity = Convert.ToInt32(QuantityTextBox.Text); Line 49: Are you sure that the control at CartGrid.Rows[e.RowIndex].Cells[2].Controls[0] isn't a LiteralControl?  How are you creating code this in your code?Brent JenkinsASP.NET, C#, Web Developerwww.valewebdesign.co.uk  ...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormView' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList'.
Hi,  I have a formview with a dropdownlist created dynamically. i want to determine whether the dropdownlist was clicked. the code is written in the FormView1_DataBound method. I get the following error in the line below that is in italics and underlined: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormView' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList'.   Here is my code: ddl_iFullname = New DropDownList ddl_iFullname.ID = "ddl_iFullname" ddl_iFullname.DataSource = ObjectDataSource3 ddl_iFullname.DataTextField = "fullname" ddl_iFullname.DataValueField = "...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox'

Error: Cannot convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ButtonField'
Hello, I am getting the following error during compiliation. Any suggestions to fix it. Thanks. Cannot convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ButtonField' protected void gvEvents_RowCommand(Object sender, GridViewCommandEventArgs e) { if (e.CommandName == "Select") { int index = Convert.ToInt32(e.CommandArgument); GridViewRow selectedRow = gvEvents.Rows[index]; string sID; ButtonField btn; if (selectedRow.RowType == DataControlRowType.DataRow) { sID = ((ButtonField)selectedRow.FindControl("ID")).DataTextFi...

[Microsoft.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService()]
Hi I'm trying to use the [Microsoft.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService()]  in my web service, but when I compile I receive the following error message: Error 1 The type or namespace name 'Web' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?) Any suggestions how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance! RegardsEdward Hi, the correct namespace is System.Web.Script.Services.Alessandro Gallo | Blog | My book: ASP.NET AJAX In Action If like me and you watched Joe Stagners terrific video "How Do I: Make Client-Side Network Callbac...

'ScriptManager' is ambiguous in the namespace 'Microsoft.Web.UI'.
Ok. I cleared my whole drive of any refernce to Microsoft.Web.Atlas.dll. I then installed the AJAX Core V1.0 following with ASP.NET AJAX "Value Add" CTP then I installed the Atlas control toolkit. When I just use the core components it's fine but when I add the toolkit I get this error. Error 1 'ScriptManager' is ambiguous in the namespace 'Microsoft.Web.UI'.  If I remove the reference and run it It just re-adds the reference. I thought maybe it was my PC so I tried another one and the same message. I know that the scriptmanager is now in the GAC ...

Error Serializing Value 'System.Web.UI.WebCOntrols.TreeNode' of type 'System.Web.UI.WebCOntrols.TreeNode'
Hi, I am  getting the error stated in the subject when i am storing a TreeNode in a ViewState and then using it as follows if (ViewState["ProductCounty"]!=null) { TreeNode _productCountyNode = DataTree.FindNode(((TreeNode)ViewState["ProductCounty"]).ValuePath); _productCountyNode.Expand(); } what could be causing this error? Hi, I believe TreeNode isn't serializable in a way its required for objects which can be put to ViewState - as reference - (TreeNode implements IStateManager and is meant to work together with TreeView itself saving it...

ASPNET2 HELP! CS0266: Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.FileUpload'.
Server Error in '/start-movieposters' Application. Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: CS0266: Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.FileUpload'. An explicit conversion exists (are you missing a cast?) Source Error: ...

AJAX Beta 2
Hi... I'm experiencing a problem with the new AJAX Beta 2. When I try and put the UpdateProgess on a simple page, I get the belowCould not load type 'Microsoft.Web.UI.UpdateProgress' from assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Microsoft.Web.UI.Up...

The type or namespace name 'ScriptManager' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web.UI' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Hello, I am trying to add ASP.NET AJAX functionality to an existing project. Here's what I did: I have downloaded and installed the AJAX executable from here: http://ajax.asp.net/ I have done an iisreset I have opened my existing project and modified the Web.config using this guide: http://ajax.asp.net/docs/ConfiguringASPNETAJAX.aspx I opened my MasterPage and I added <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" /> just below the form-tag Whenever I try to build, I get this error: Error 36 The type or namespace name 'ScriptManager' does not exist in the nam...

Value of type 'System.Web.UI.Control' cannot be converted to 'System.Web.SiteMap'.
 Hello,         I receive this error "System.Web.UI.Control' cannot be converted to 'System.Web.SiteMap" when I try to find the Sitemap control.  ...            <asp:SiteMapDataSource ID="SiteMapDataSource1" runat="server" />            <asp:ListView ID="ListView1" runat="server">            <LayoutTemplate>    ...

Web resources about - BC30466: Namespace or type 'UI' for the Imports 'Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.Web.UI' cannot be found. - asp.net.web-matrix