How to add .Net Framework 3.5 to IIS Properties tab? How to show "shortcut" or "Confiure" 3.5 icon on Control Panel?

I have installed VS 2008 Express, SQL 2005 Express and .Net Framework 3.5.   On IIS Properties, the web sites
I have created, on the ASPnet tab of the Properties dialog desktop, clicking the NetFramework dropdown arrow, showed
only the .NetFrameowrk 1.1 and 2.0.

How can I add the .Net Framework 3.5 to the dropdown list?   Why I can not see the "short-cut" or "Configuration"
icon for .NetFramework 3.5?  Only those for 1.1 and 2.0 were shown.  Thanks,

0
wonjartran
1/16/2009 12:26:41 AM
asp.net.web-hosting 912 articles. 0 followers. Follow

 Hi Read the Following,

What exactly is ASP.NET 3.5 ?

Take a look at the v3.5 framework folder you will not find most of the files needed for ASP.NET to run like aspnet_isapi.dll / aspnet_filter.dll / aspnet_regiis.exe / aspnet_regsql.exe...

The reason being .NET 3.5 is not a stand alone framework like v2.0 or v1.1 . It is just an extension of the 2.0 framework. The extension provides developers with new language features like Anonymous Types, Extension Methods, Lambda Expressions and of course LINQ .... and AJAX is now integrated ... also you have a few new ASP.NET controls <asp:ListView>, <asp:LinqDataSource>, <asp:DataPager>

Will I get ASP.NET version 3.5 under the ASP.NET tab in IIS 6.0 ?

Nope. Because as far as IIS is concerned nothing has changed. The aspnet_isapi.dll from the version 2.0 folder will still handle the requests and there is no new ISAPI dll specific to version 3.5. So you don't have to change any Script Mappings in IIS ...just leave the web application pointing to v2.0 under the ASP.NET Tab. And this brings us to the next question

http://www.Aneef.net
0
shadowcodes
1/16/2009 6:21:35 AM

Hello,

Yes, .NET Framework 3.5 is extension of .NET Framework 2.0. So, in IIS tabs you will see .NET 2.0, not 3.5.

 Regards

Windows Hosting ASP.NET | Top ASP.NET Hosts | Dedicated Windows Hosting
0
HostingASPNet

Using a REST API using "Astoria" (with .NET Framework 3.5 and VS.NET 2008 SP1)
Hello! I'm really interested in learning how to work with the new .NET Framework 3.5 and VS.NET 2008 SP1 (still beta). Here is my question: I would like to use a REST API that is not made by me. I'm talking about the REST API of Community Server 2008 (www.communityserver.org). I've got the full specification of the API. They have it well documented and ready to go. It appears to be very easy to use, but... HOW? How to connect the web services with the new .NET 3.5 properly? The full specification can be read here: http://api.communityserver.org. I've successully used...

Fixed spot for "traveling" "New-Tab-window-button" (FF 3.5 Win.XP)
Name: Piet Geldof Email: piet_in_2007atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Fixed spot for "traveling" "New-Tab-window-button" (FF 3.5 Win.XP) Comments: FF 3.5 Win.XP - Maybe a fixed spot for the "new-tab-window-button" (in the upper-right-corner) is more convenient. Now, when you have only a few tab-windows open, the button is "traveling" from left to the right, when you open more windows (or close windows).... (Traveling buttons are not nice...)... Greetings, Piet Geldof piet_in_2007@yahoo.com Netherlands. Browser Details...

stop breaking 3.5.* extensions with 3.5 "upgrades"
Name: jean Email: jeangrayatspakedotthedotcat Product: Firefox Summary: stop breaking 3.5.* extensions with 3.5 "upgrades" Comments: An extension with max set to 3.5.* should not break between 3.5.1 and "upgrading" to 3.5.4 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

need a "Date Modified: <date>" control for vb aspx.net 3.5
Sounds simple!  I just want a thing in my footer that says, "Date Modified: <date>" where <date> is the actual date the file was modified. I posted this question in the beginner's area but the suggested solutions do not work. I tried adding a Label control on my page, thus: <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server"></asp:Label>then in my masterpage.master.vb I have: Partial Class MasterPage    Inherits System.Web.UI.MasterPage    Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

"Downgrade" from .NET 3.5 to 2.0
Hello. I screwed up when I opened my Web project in VWD 2008 and told it to convert my ASP.NET 2.0 Web site to .NET 3.5. I uploaded changed pages and, of course, the Web.Config. Now my site is dead because my current plan with my hosting co. doesn't support .NET 3.5. I have two choices, assuming #2 here is an option: 1. Purchase a new plan, which probably will cost me more money, which I have a very limited supply of; 2. Somehow change my site back to ASP.NET 2.0 and upload it again. Sorry to say, I just wasn't very careful. Hope I didn't jack things up too badly. Any ideas?-J...

"Perma Tabs" add-on for firefox 3.5
Name: K Stacey Email: tranowmeatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: "Perma Tabs" add-on for firefox 3.5 Comments: Almost everyone I know use the "Perma Tabs" add-on for Firefox but we are all stuck using v3 because it is not compatible with v3.5. I know it is an add-on but it is such a handy feature that I do wonder if it could be a selectable option written into the base Firefox code, rather than an add-on? Thanks for your attention Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.13) Gecko/2009073022 Firefox/3.0.13 From U...

3.5 beta4 lost close tab "x" and add tab button
Name: Tony Email: tonyatembudo-desert-rosedotcom Product: Firefox Summary: 3.5 beta4 lost close tab "x" and add tab button Comments: Cannot close tabs without using right click and "Close Tab" same to open new tab Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.4) Gecko/20091007 Firefox/3.5.4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

IDM 3.5.1 AD driver "randomly?" stipping "Equivalent to Me"
IDM 3.5.1 AD driver "randomly?" stipping "Equivalent to Me" Attribute from Groups Environment: IDM Engine 3.5.12.17187 installed with eDir 8.8.2 AD Driver: 3.5.1 Symptom: Users Experience "random" loss of File rights granted trough Group Memberships. Investigations show that when the user has lost filesystem rights, it is because on the User Object, the "Security Equals" Attribute pointing to governing Group object has been lost (the reference to the Group is still present in the "Group Membership" attribute) and the counterpart...

"Sys is undefined" using VS2008, .NET 3.5
Ok, first of all: I have searched forever and read countless articles on this problem. Most of them reference the 1.0 or 2.0 frameworks--but I tried them anyway. My web.config is NOT the problem. The web.config on my Production server is the same as on my Development server. The Prod server has 3.5 framework installed, as well as the Dev server. Everything works as it should on the Dev server, but I get "Sys is undefined" when trying the EXACT SAME web application on the Prod server. On my Dev server, the folder is NOT flagged as a Web Application--and yet it runs fine, so the...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

3.0.5: No "Users" link despite "Can turn these bits on for other users"
Hi, when user M (project manager) has the "Can turn these bits on for other users" flag set for a given (project) group, I'd expect to find a "Users" link at the bottom when logged in as this user. Note: M has intentionally not been added to the editusers group as this would grant too many rights. (Also, it would render the "Can turn these bits on for other users" flag quite useless as the user would be allowed to grant group membership nevertheless.) How is M supposed to grant group membership to others (for this specified group)? What am I mis...

The "add new tab" "+" button is not easy to access on Firefox 3.1 Beta
Name: Flavio Serra Product: Firefox Summary: The "add new tab" "+" button is not easy to access on Firefox 3.1 Beta Comments: I have to scroll with the mouse all to the right. it was easier with a button in the navigation toolbar. Easiest way is as MS Exlorer or Google Chrome (in my view). best regards Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b1) Gecko/20081007 Firefox/3.1b1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you...

Web resources about - How to add .Net Framework 3.5 to IIS Properties tab? How to show "shortcut" or "Confiure" 3.5 icon on Control Panel? - asp.net.web-hosting