Will finally execute if response.end is in catch block?

try
    'some code here causes exception

catch
    'some exception code
    Response.End()

finally

'will any code here be executed since it is after the response.end

end try

Thanks!

0
Dylan

Yes - the code in the Finally block will run.  Infact, if you put a Response.Write("Hello") in your Finally block, it will write it out even though the Response.End() was called in the Catch block.
0
justinsaraceno
11/2/2005 5:08:43 PM
(Example for the Finally key word)

that is why you need to catch error for opening connection to DB and finally will have the 'con.close()' part so you ensure that this line of code is running regardless the error if has been catched or not ...
Fadil Alnassar
www.fadilalnassar.com | FREE Nodil Tab Control
http://www.mefranchising.com
0
fadil1977

try catch finally / response.redirect / response.end flow control question
Hi Guys, Can any one tell me if the finally block would be executed in the following example (assuming that dbReader.read() returned false because no records were found).   Many Thanks! DanielTry dbCon = New SqlConnection(myconnectionstring) dbCon.Open() dbCom = dbCon.CreateCommand() strSQL + "SELECT * FROM bookings WHERE ID > 9000" dbCom.CommandText = strSQL dbReader = dbCom.ExecuteReader() If dbReader.Read() Then 'init fields Else Response.Redirect("main.aspx") End if Finally dbReader.clo...

Hello, I have a principal form with a list of information. From this form, I go on an edit forms and I want to control what is done on this form. For this, I want to block the button Windows back on my edit form. Somebody can help me ? Thank you for your help.  Jy. set the Session Variable (with your ID or whatever ) in the Principal Form when user click on Edit then put the One Back Button on your edit form and Redirect the page by using the Session variable value.Please Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet....

will Page_Load execute in both web form and its base page?
Thanks in advance for your help.  I'm creating an ASP.NET project using Visual Studio 2005.   All the individual web content forms inherit from a BasePage class, which in turn is of type System.Web.UI.Page.  The BasePage declares some variables like SqlConnection, SqlCommands, etc that are global to all pages in the site.  The BasePage also overrides the Page_Load method, where I've added a few lines of code that I'd like to execute any time that any page in the site comes up.  The Page_load override checks that the user has authenticated if it'...

VB .net Web Form will not get contents of Text Box
I have created a web form with text boxes that are bound to a DataSet/DataView.  I have created button to navigate up and down the recordset.  That all works fine. I need to have the ability to edit/add text in any of the boxes and then when clicking "Save" button, it would build an UPDATE query to send to the database. When the Save button is clicked, I have coded to DIM a string var (strSQL) to use to build the SQL command.  For some reason, it will only get the text from a text box if the data was pulled the database.  If I add/edit data, then the SQL command will ha...

4 Layered Web Application for Inserting data into a database using sql server as the back end and a web form as the front end using C#
4 Layered Web Application for Inserting data into a database using sql server as the back end and a web form as the front end using C# . Can someone provide with code as I am new to this architecture and framework. Better send email. Thanks In Advance, A New Bie I suggest taking a look at the Time Tracker Starter Kit (v1.x or x2.0) or the Issue Tracker Starter Kit (v1.x).  Full source code is available.  Click on the Downloads tab above to find them.  These are not exactly what you are looking for, but perhaps they will help you get started.Terri MortonEngagement Manag...

About difference in execution between Windows forms, and web forms?
One interviewer has asked me the following questionHow the execution differs from windows application to web application?Means,How windows forms will be executed?How web forms will be executed?and, what is the difference in execution between them?Ashok kumar  kak_mca wrote:One interviewer has asked me the following questionHow the execution differs from windows application to web application?And what was your answer to that question? Alister  kak_mca wrote:One interviewer has asked me the following questionHow the execution differs from windows application to web applicati...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Web forms and mobile web forms

simple web application created in VB.net(VS.Net) will not run
I tried to run the ASP.net samples created by VB.net. But it doesn't run successfully. For example, I copied VB project folder at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\VB\Project. From the web browser I typed http://localhost/VB/Project/Project.aspx Only the text for some LabelControls showed up, not the content Text generated by project.aspx.vb. Does that mean that I didn't set the IIS and ASP.net correct? Can you post the source code for your application. This may make it easier to debug what is going on. Thanks. Glen Kowalski Software Design Engineer / Test Microsoft Corporation This posti...

Include web form inside web form

Web resources about - Will finally execute if response.end is in catch block? - asp.net.web-forms

Frequency response - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Frequency response is the quantitative measure of the output spectrum of a system or device in response to a stimulus, and is used to characterize ...

The biggest refugee crisis since World War II needs a similar response
The present-day crisis requires an intergovernmental organisation to regulate migration.

Police response to wild brawl outside Carlton's Illusion nightclub criticised
... Carlton nightclub on Sunday morning, but the promoter of the Christmas function for Melbourne's African community has slammed the police response ...

Miss Colombia had an incredibly graceful response after being mistakenly crowned Miss Universe
If a pageant queen is measured for her grace under pressure, then Miss Colombia is still a winner. On Sunday night, Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez ...

Two Fatally Shot By Chicago Police In Response To Domestic Disturbance On West Side
Police were called to an apartment building on the 4700 block of West Erie at about 4:30 a.m. Saturday for a domestic incident.

Fitness instructor in Ohio offers active shooter response training
Amid heightened fears of terrorism and mass shootings, the course is one of many offered across the country

The Correct Response To Holiday Attire
Submitted by: (via nessy1 ) Tagged: christmas , tie , no , Cats Share on Facebook

Kurt Russell's Blunt Response To The Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 Casting Rumors
Last week, it was reported that Kurt Russell is being considered by Marvel to play Peter Quill’s father in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 . Here’s ...

Home Alone's Daniel Stern Has Hilarious In Character Response To Macaulay Culkin
Earlier this month, Macaulay Culkin set the Internet on fire by releasing a video where he played [...]