What is the difference between a Web User Control and a Web Custom Control

Hi ,

please could you answer for the following question with example. i know wht they are. but i want to know hw they are existing in web pages with simple example.

What is the difference between a Web User Control and a Web Custom Control?

Thanks in Advance

Dilip

0
dilip12

 Check this out .... hope these might help you out...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893667
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa651710(VS.71).aspx

itsUrDAY

0
itsurday

See the following URLs:

https://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fb3w5b53(VS.71).aspx(Introduction to Web User Controls)

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa710843(VS.71).aspx(Introduction to Web Custom Controls)

Hope it helps,

Hong Gang

Hong-Gang Chen
Microsoft Online Community Support
Hong

what is the difference between web custom control,web user control,component class
please tell me in detail what is the web custom control,web user control,component class and what is the difference between web custom control, web user control,component class and when to use web custom control, when to use web user control, when to use component class Oh gosh. Such a nice question! I recommend you to start with this link from MSDN click here . I think you'll need a lot of coffe :) .George (.NET or .NOT) www.piasi.org...

Web User Control to Web User Control...

Server Web User Control or Web Custom Control
Ok, I made a DataGrid I like, stuck it in a Web Control Lib, and then to my toolbar. Now I want to take my nice little control and add it to a greater control, maybe place some buttons around it etc. I could always inherit from it in a new custom control and dynamically add the buttons, but I thought about using a Web User Control. I thought I could easily create a Web User Control, drop on my grid and the buttons on a form, and expose some properties and events, but once I got into it, I got a feeling that this isn't what a Web User Control is for. When designing a control li...

Use Web Custom control or Web User control?
Friends,  I have a generic aspx page and its functions which is used in many .NET web application. The generic page contains a HTML Div control, server drop down list, server buttons, server textbox and it have different server and client functions to do its tasks for calling aspx pages in web applications. My problem is I do not know whether I should make that generic page as a web user control (but this is tedious because all other application folders must store frontpage aspx and code behind files of the generic page) or as a web custom control (This seems to be good beca...

custom web user control and web form

web controls and web user control

Web Custom Control within a Web Custom Control
I was wondering if this can be done and how. I've created a simple custom control that displays a header which is my first custom control. So I'm just a baby when it comes to this.. Within the header I currently have a property for breadcrumbs which is a string. What I would like to do is have the breadcrumb property  be a Link Button List. I did find a custom control of a Link Button List which is exactly what I wanted. My question is how can/do  I include this into my custom control? Can it done? How? Please help? I'm at a lose here.   Susan You should be able to do ...

Custom Web Control inside another Custom Web Control
Hi I created a custom web control (CusWebNew) that displays some textboxes by adding them to the ControlCollection of the webcontrol. I also created a custom webcontrol (CustWebButton) that inherts from Button control, and overrided the OnClick function. When I use CustWebButton on a regular web form, it seems to function correctly. However, when I added to be part of the ControlCollection of CustWebNew, it stops to work.   Any ideas why? Thanks Hey, What do you mean by stops to work?  Explain what you are trying to do with it and what it doesn't do.Brian"Trust in the...

Web control in web control

Is it possible to have a web custom control( not a user control) in the app_code folder of a web project?
Or must it be inside a class library by itself? Do you compile the web site to get the dll then add that to the toolbar? Yes you can find the info here:http://alpascual.com/blog/al/archive/2006/06/19/The-power-of-CompositeControl.-Another-skeleton-class-.aspxCheersAlMy BlogMapStats.NETPlease click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post answered your question! Sorry, I'm not following. What does extending a composite control illustrate about creating a custom web control inside the appcode folder of web project....

Reusing custom web control in the same web control
Hello, I'm newbie in web development and of course asp.net. I am actually trying to build my first page and I'd like to know if it is possible to make a custom webcontrol that will contain itself. Let's say I want to draw a folder hierarchy in treeview-like structure. I thought I could make a control that will display a folder and if this folder contains subfolders then for each the control will include itself. Is this even possible? What would you suggest me to do to? Thanks in advance. TomTom Hagen http://thagen.dteam.info If the control can have child controls, then I s...

Web Form and Web User Control
Hello, I have a Web User Control (ascx) that includes a button. This button has an onclick event method. This Web User control is included into a Web Form. (thru LoadControl). However, when I click on the button, the event method is not executed. What should I include in order it works fine? Thanks in advance. GAA. Using Loadcontrol is using dynamic controls and when using dynamic controls you must recreate the same dynamic controls ono postback to econstruct the page control tree. It is best if you do this during the Page PreInit event. How complex are your controls ...

Web resources about - What is the difference between a Web User Control and a Web Custom Control - asp.net.web-forms

What’s the Difference Between Gen Y and Gen Z?
... in relation to purchasing habits, top brands, or preferred networks, download the report and check out the infographic below for key differences ...

Differences Matter
I was struck by this paragraph in the Slate piece on our portfolio company YouNow this weekend: In theory, YouNow sounds a bit like Twitter’s ...

Vive la difference - has France's National Front changed?
France's National Front is different from that founded by Jean Marie Le Pen, but just how much has it changed, asks the BBC's Gabriel Gatehouse. ...

There will be one huge difference when you see the new ‘Star Wars’ movie in theaters
When you head out to see "Star Wars: The Force Awakens," the film will have one very big change as soon as the movie starts. Up until now, each ...

No Difference? Really?
Lawyers Guns & Money's Scott Lemieux takes on the notion put forth in Doug Henwood's new book that there's no real difference between Democrats ...

Harrison Ford Mocks Trump: You Can’t Tell The Difference Between Movies And Real Life
Harrison Ford Mocks Trump: You Can’t Tell The Difference Between Movies And Real Life