Web Forms Designer error - is there a code behind the code behind?

Hi,

The web forms designer keeps adding things in a generated InitializeComponent() method. I believe these things shouldn't be there because I've made a new webform with the same code that doesn't add the same stuff. Is there anyway I can see the Web Designer code? Thanks.
0
giantsteps

Just expand out the hidden #region.  It is labeled Web Form Designer Code
Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:
Programming Microsoft Web Forms
My Blog
0
douglas

how can i convert code behind web forms pages to inline code pages
hi all of you, I have a problem, a have registered a free asp.net space at Brinkster , so i can just upload my files there one by one, but can not install my web application directly, and i have to upload my projects there, so one way is o convert all my VS.NET web application which is code behind, convert that into inline code, so how can i do that Thanks in advanceWarm Regards,Prajesh Kumar JhaE-MAIL : prajesh.jha@rediffmail.com Convert from Code-Behind to Code-Inline: http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000174.html Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease m...

validate web form entries via textbox again in the C# (code-behind) code again
I have requiredfieldvalidators, comparevalidators and a regualarexpressionvalidator for the email on my login form for the textboxes. My question is do I have to check in the C# to make sure the textboxes have values and if so what does a experienced programmer think of my code. What would you change??? Are the if statements the way to go??? Thanks for making me a better coder................newbieprotected void LoginButton_Click(object sender, EventArgs e){string emailAddress = String.Empty;string password = String.Empty;if (!String.IsNullOrEmpty(TextBoxEmailAddress.Text)){emailAddress = Te...

how to change these windows form code to web form code?
hi, i'm a beginner of c#,i want to know how to change these windows form code to web form code //////////// private void buttonSign_Click( object sender, System.EventArgs e) { //get original message as byte array byte[] messagebytes = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes( textOriginalMessage.Text); //create digest of original message using SHA1 SHA1 sha1 = new SHA1CryptoServiceProvider(); byte[] hashbytes = sha1.ComputeHash(messagebytes); //display hash bytes in hex format StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder(); for (...

Compiler Error BC30451-"Name ... Not Declared"
Hi guys, I've stucked with this error "Compiler Error Message: BC30451: Name 'DataSet1' is not declared.". I am using Vb.Net code behind and bind data to the datagrid. I am using stored procedure/SQL Server 2000/IIS5.0. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Error: Line 13: <asp:Datagrid id=DataGrid1 runat="server" DataKeyField="Cust_Id" DataSource="<%# DataSet1 %>" DataMember="Proc_ViewCustomers" AutoGenerateColumns="False"> Source File: http://l...

Use datastore in Web form code-behind
I am developing a new web application. I have some reports in old legacy system that are written in PB but have to migrate to web. So I migrate the old dw by Datawindow Designer first. And I decide to instance a datastore in web form code-behind, set its datawindow object and retrieve, then save the output as pdf or excel and redirect the saved file back to the browser. The following is the piece of C# codes: Sybase.DataWindow.DataStore ds = new Sybase.DataWindow.DataStore(); this.oleDbConnection1.Open(); Sybase.DataWindow.AdoTransaction tran = new Sybase.DataWindow.AdoTransa...

web form- code behind- results on a new page
Hi, I'm trying to get this to work: I have a web form that allows users to do research in the database, and I want to display the results in a different page.The code is contained in the file mydata.vb (codebehind). When I load the results page (myresults.aspx) no data are displayed. Can someone tell me where are the errors? Thank you, christian The code is as follows: -----------------------------------mydata.vb----------------------- Imports SystemImports System.Web.UIImports System.Web.UI.WebControlsImports System.Web.UI.HtmlControlsImports System.DataImports System.D...

Build Error in Web Form Designer Generated Code
Hi, I'm using Visual Studio .NET 2003. I've been working on my project for a while, and suddenly I got a build error : "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\SPT\PartDetail.aspx.vb(7): Reference to a non-shared member requires an object reference." This line is part of the "Web Form Designer Generated Code" in the code-behind. <System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThrough()> Private Sub InitializeComponent() End Sub More specifically, it has a problem with the word "System"(squiggly line appears underneath). Since the last time my project compiled without erro...

referencing textboxes on web forms using code behind
 Hello: On my web form I have several text boxes named from textbox1 to textbox30. How do I "reference" these text boxes in code behind "vb.net"? Say i wish to write a for loop. for i = 1 to 30 textbox[i].text.length>0 stmt... next i How do I code this part? You can get idea from following link http://forums.asp.net/p/1148526/1866897.aspx-SuganRemember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post If you get answer from this post(s) ! Try the FindControl method.For i = 1 To 30 Dim txt As...

Accessing Code Behind from a web form user control button
I have a web form user control which has a button. <asp:button ID="btn_re_sort_report" Runat="server" Text="Re-Sort Report" OnClick="SortReportData" ></asp:button> The method SortReportData resides in the code behind of the page the user control is put on. How do I call the method when it resides on the form and not the user control ? a user control should encapsulate some functionality and interact with the page via public properties and methods. if the usercontrol is sortable, it should have a Public sort method t...

Code Behind or not Code Behind
Ok i am confuse now.... A lot of books are showing pages without code behind (the code is integrated in the .aspx) Is it better to use the code behind or not. Is there any difference between using VB.NET or C#.NET except for the code synthax. Thank you and come again. A lot of samples show inline code just for simplicity.. i personally use code-behind because I like to seperate my code from presentation. As for VB.NET or C#, its your preference.. there is no difference really when its all said and done. From a purely mathematical sense, having everything in a single file would s...

what about the code-behind (code behind)
One MAJOR difference between AJAX.NET and Atlas.NET seems to be that AJAX.NET is able to expose methods in your codebehind to the client. Why doesn't Atlas do this? Or am I mistaken? With AJAX.NET it's just a simple line or two:  Ajax.Utility.RegisterTypeForAjax(GetType(myClass)) <Ajax.AjaxMethod()>Public Function myFunction PLEASE tell me Atlas has something comparable to this. I don't have the time to rewrite all my code-behind methods in javascript or atlas script. All you need to do in Atlas to expose a method on your page (or its code behind class) is to put a [WebMet...

Updating User Control content from the calling Web Form code behind
I'm relatively new to asp.net and have the following problem which needs solved. I include a user control in my web form.  The user control is used to create a formated table. One of the table cells must be updated with content from the code behind the web form. I've tried dynamically adding a placeholder but the place holder is not found by the web form. I've also tried adding a HTML "<div>" tag with an "id=" attribute but I cannot resolve the ID from my web form program.  Any ideas or help would be appriciated.  do...

how to split out code in HTML to code behind form?
A lot of samples in asp.net books are code in HTML but I like to read code behid form. How to split out code in HTML to code behind form? That is, all vb code in a file and all html in another file. I try many times, there are still errors. what editor are you using? CodeBehind is supported by VS.NET and (IIRC) WebMatrix - what are you using?RTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionally unreadableJason Brown - MVP, IIS I use both. If you create a new project, it is ok. But if you try to run the sample from book, for example, the book "ASP.NET DATA...

Code behind vrs. non code behind in VS.NET 2003
Does anyone know what the advantages and disadvantages are for using code behind vrs. non code behind in Visual Studio.Net 2003? One important difference is that you are able to separate the design of a web site from the code. This makes for ease of maintainablity and much more structured applications. If you ever worked with classic ASP the code-behind is a great invention. sivilianMy Weblogs...

Web resources about - Web Forms Designer error - is there a code behind the code behind? - asp.net.web-forms

Designer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Classically, the main areas of design were only painting , sculpture and architecture , which were understood as the major arts. The design of ...

Web Designer Wall – Design Trends and Tutorials
Web Designer Wall is a blog designed and maintained by Nick La. Topics focus on web design, tutorials, and modern design trends.

'Tapping' burglar makes off with designer handbags in Eaglemont
... of burglar who woke woman before fleeing with loot. A woman woke to find a burglar tapping her on the head before he made off with her designer ...

Early Mac UI designers say Apple has abandoned many of its human interface design principles
Two of the early Mac user-interface designers argue in a lengthy FastCo piece that Apple has abandoned many of its original human interface design ...

"Ghostbusters" logo designer Michael C. Gross dies
Creator of comedy's iconic symbol was also behind National Lampoon's notorious "If you don't buy this magazine we'll kill this dog" magazine ...

Graphic Designer Creates Superhero Football League Helmets
, offering a look at a football league populated entirely by teams based off superheroes, a 24 [...]

Quentin Tarantino To Receive Costume Designers Guild Honor; Ellen Mirojnick Getting Career Nod
Quentin Tarantino is joining the honors list at the 18th Costume Designers Guild Awards. He will receive the Distinguished Collaborator Award ...

Hard to Pronounce Designer Names-How to Pronounce Fashion Designer Names logo logo logo
Round three of tricky-yet-chic fashion names, this time with the latest guard of new designers to know.

Airbnb draws the wrath of French designer over decorating ideas
When you rent out your home through Airbnb, theft is probably one of a host's biggest concerns. What if a guest doesn't steal anything tangible, ...

EXCLUSIVE: Joe Manganiello Preps for Wedding to Sofia Vergara as the Designer of His Tux Is Revealed
EXCLUSIVE: Joe Manganiello Preps for Wedding to Sofia Vergara as the Designer of His Tux Is Revealed