want to switch textbox mode to password mode asp.net

I have asp.net login screen and it has userid and password field , I wan to make password textbox field . so when usr type password in password field , then they can see asterisk. Briefly I wan to switch textbox mode to password mode, How can I do this.

thank u

maxmax

0
maxmax

You can set  TextMode = "password"

<asp:TextBox id="tb2" TextMode="password" runat="server" />

Farooq Kaiser, MCTS, MCP
Please Mark As Answer if my answer helped you.
http://www.Fairnet.com
0
farooq
7/14/2007 10:01:56 PM

You can either add the below code to the page_load event

TextBox1.TextMode = TextBoxMode.Password;

Where TextBox1 is the id of the textbox you want to set its textmode to password or you can right click the textbox in the design view, press F4 then set the TextMode property to Password

HC

Haissam Abdul Malak
MCAD.NET
| Blog |
0
Haissam

vb.net make textbox field to password mode
I have Login screen and I have textbox for password input and I want to make my textbox mode to password mode How can I do this maxmax thank u A TextBox has a TextMode property that you can set to put it in password mode:<asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server" TextMode="Password"> </asp:TextBox> Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ Hi maxmax, You should set the TextMode property of the textbox to Password. Hope this helps!WimPleas...

IN VS.Net how can i get a web form to scroll (design mode)
In design mode in VS.Net, there is a scroll bar next to the web form, but it is grayed out.  I can not figure out how to enable it.  I want to design a web form that is larger in size than the surface area shown in teh deisgn window.  Can someone help out with this?Thank you. VS design surface shows how the page is going to be rendered in the browser. Therefore, there is no 'virtual' large size. In the browser scroll bar appears if the browser window is smaller than the page content. You can make scroll bar to appear by enclosing page content in a large container e...

C#.NET WEB APPLICATION

Error in Release mode in .NET web application
My application is a .NET web application consisting of 8 library projects in C#.Net, 2 windows based projects in VB.Net and 1 web project in C#.Net. It also uses some DLLs related to microsoft application blocks and sharepoint. 1 DLL of PDS Extender is also used as my project is an Enterprise Management Project (customization of Microsoft Project Web Access). For deploying the web application I have created a Web setup deployment (Built in Release Mode) package which creates virtual directory, copies certain files to specific location and add certain menus in Programs menu. No...

non .net form issue within a .net form tag

How to change the value of a TextBox inside a Web Form in Insert mode?
Hi, If the textbox txtDate is outside a Web Form, we can change the values as follow: txtName.Text = "James"; If the item is inside a Web Form in Insert mode, how can I change the TextBox value by using .net script or JavaScript at run-time?  Thanks, James Hi James,If I understand your question, you want to be able to change the value using JavaScript within the browser, not the code-behind.  You would do that with something like this:<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">document.getElementById(<%=txtName.ClientID.ToStr...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Big problem with the password textbox when mode= password
By default in the user form i usually view an existing record on the form , now when i click the new button in it, it should allow me to create a new user record that time, before i start creating the new record i clear all the data in the controls on the form and then i start entering the new information. Now i put the username and password and when i try to save it, i get a message password is empty, which is not true. Why is this happeing i don't understand. I use the following to clear before i start new record. txtpassword.attributes("Value")="" Is the above code causing any problem...

How to Set Password from Cookie when Mode of Textbox is Password ?
Hi,Sir..This is related to Remember Me while Entering Username and Password.I am storing password in Cookie. Case I : I can able to retrieve the stored password from Cookie and can able to Display the Password in the Password TextBox when Mode of TextBox is SingleLine.I can see the Password in this case.Case II : When I set the Mode of Password TextBox to Password and am trying to set stored Password to Password TextBox, it display Blank in that TextBox. How can I set stored Password in Cookie in this Case?Thanks and Regards,Bhagyawan Manjrekar. try this PasswordTextBox.Attribut...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

Cannot switch to online mode from caching mode
When I try to switch from caching mode to online mode, it tells me it needs to restart the GroupWise client. Fine, I say Yes and it closes the client and nothing ever happens after that. Ever. I checked the task manager in XP and it shows that two GroupWise processes are running: gwsync.exe gwreload.exe If I then manually run the groupwise client again (desktop, shortcut, etc.) it loads into online mode fine. If I swtich from Online to caching, THAT always works. But never the other way around. If I whack the gwsync.exe process, then it'll switch into cac...

Web resources about - want to switch textbox mode to password mode asp.net - asp.net.web-forms

One-time password - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A one-time password (OTP) is a password that is valid for only one login session or transaction. OTPs avoid a number of shortcomings that are ...

Oregon To Consider Bill Blocking Employers From Demanding Applicants’ Facebook Passwords
The Oregon House of Representatives will hear a bill Friday that would prevent employers from demanding that job applicants reveal their passwords ...

Keeping Passwords Secure
The Facebook Security team has always kept a close eye on data breach announcements from other organizations. Theft of personal data like email ...

New Facebook Security Features: One-Time Passwords, Security Info
Facebook has launched two new security features to help users stay in control of their accounts. Users can now receive a one-time password from ...

LastPass password manager update adds emergency access, sharing center and new UI
LastPass has updated its Mac and iOS apps and browser extensions to version 4.0 to add an emergency access feature and shared passwords, as well ...

Get a full year of Sticky Password Premium, worth $19.99, for FREE with our New Year's Day giveaway!
Online security has made big headlines in 2015, and will continue to do so as hackers continue to outwit even the biggest firms. This is what ...

The absolute worst Wi-Fi password ever revealed in viral video
OK, so we all know about how many people are still using passwords like "password" and "1234" to secure their Wi-Fi hotspots, but a new viral ...

2015 trends: The evolution of password security
Why you should get on board with fingerprint sensors and two-factor authentication.

How to evaluate password managers
All password managers have as many as four separate products for storing passwords: a desktop and mobile app, a browser extension, or a pure ...

Sixth-Grader Makes, Sells Unhackable Passwords
Eleven-year-old Mira Modi uses an interesting technique to generate passwords that are extremely difficult for hackers to crack.