validate web form entries via textbox again in the C# (code-behind) code again - yes or no??????

I have requiredfieldvalidators, comparevalidators and a regualarexpressionvalidator for the email on my login form for the textboxes. My question is do I have to check in the C# to make sure the textboxes have values and if so what does a experienced programmer think of my code. What would you change??? Are the if statements the way to go??? Thanks for making me a better coder................newbie

protected void LoginButton_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

string emailAddress = String.Empty;

string password = String.Empty;

if (!String.IsNullOrEmpty(TextBoxEmailAddress.Text))

{

emailAddress = TextBoxEmailAddress.Text;

}

if (!String.IsNullOrEmpty(TextBoxPassword.Text))

{

password = TextBoxPassword.Text;

}

string userName = Membership.GetUserNameByEmail(emailAddress);

MembershipUser user = Membership.GetUser(userName);

user.IsApproved = true;

Membership.UpdateUser(user);

bool authenticationStatus = Membership.ValidateUser(userName, password);

if (authenticationStatus)

{

//TODO: Set create cookie to true, research a little more.

FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage(userName, false);

}

else

{

LiteralErrorMessage.Visible = true;

}

}

0
newbie06

You don't need this as it is already done for you. As long as you have CausesValidation = true (the default) for the control causing the postback and you have your validator controls, you should be ok.

 The validation controls always perform validation checking in server code. However, if the user is working with a browser that supports DHTML, the validation controls can also perform validation using client script. With client-side validation, any errors are detected on the client when the form is submitted to the server.
http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/validation/default.aspx

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.page.isvalid.aspx

Raj
http://weblogs.asp.net/rajbk/
0
rajbk

Web Forms Designer error
Hi, The web forms designer keeps adding things in a generated InitializeComponent() method. I believe these things shouldn't be there because I've made a new webform with the same code that doesn't add the same stuff. Is there anyway I can see the Web Designer code? Thanks. Just expand out the hidden #region. It is labeled Web Form Designer CodeStarting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog...

how to change these windows form code to web form code?
hi, i'm a beginner of c#,i want to know how to change these windows form code to web form code //////////// private void buttonSign_Click( object sender, System.EventArgs e) { //get original message as byte array byte[] messagebytes = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes( textOriginalMessage.Text); //create digest of original message using SHA1 SHA1 sha1 = new SHA1CryptoServiceProvider(); byte[] hashbytes = sha1.ComputeHash(messagebytes); //display hash bytes in hex format StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder(); for (...

referencing textboxes on web forms using code behind
 Hello: On my web form I have several text boxes named from textbox1 to textbox30. How do I "reference" these text boxes in code behind "vb.net"? Say i wish to write a for loop. for i = 1 to 30 textbox[i].text.length>0 stmt... next i How do I code this part? You can get idea from following link http://forums.asp.net/p/1148526/1866897.aspx-SuganRemember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post If you get answer from this post(s) ! Try the FindControl method.For i = 1 To 30 Dim txt As...

how can i convert code behind web forms pages to inline code pages
hi all of you, I have a problem, a have registered a free asp.net space at Brinkster , so i can just upload my files there one by one, but can not install my web application directly, and i have to upload my projects there, so one way is o convert all my VS.NET web application which is code behind, convert that into inline code, so how can i do that Thanks in advanceWarm Regards,Prajesh Kumar JhaE-MAIL : prajesh.jha@rediffmail.com Convert from Code-Behind to Code-Inline: http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000174.html Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease m...

C#.NET WEB APPLICATION

How can I coding --> auto refreshing Crystal report via vb.net-->web form
please help me I must show the report(real time) that data come from database --> (data are from another program) User open my webpage for looking the report-->update data How can I set report automatic. --> automatic refresh<----- thanks so much If your report is using the CrystalReportViewer, and you are not exporting the report to PDF or Excel, I would simply set a META Refresh in the header. Here is a reference: http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/head/meta.html This will cause the page to reload from the server at a specified interval....

validate Textbox in Web User Control from web form?
ASP.NET 2.0 I have a web user control that contains a textbox.  I need to add some validation (like requiredfieldvalidator, comparevalidator, etc). I would normally add the validator to my web user control by placing the validator next to my textbox.  However, I need the validation message somewhere else on my web form, not near the user control. So how would I associate a validation control on my web form with the text box inside my web user control?  Can this be done; any alternatives out there? Thanks!   The error message should occur wherever you place the vali...

Help C# Web Form Code
Hello -  I need some help here. My debugger kept on telling me "cannot implicity convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to ''System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label" ................. at this line lblTest = Page.FindControl("lblTest"); And i can't seem to know why ... Please help  1 public void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs eArgs) 2 { 3 // now we can dynamically change our injected controls 4 // (though we do still need to "find" them first) 5 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label lblT...

Web forms and mobile web forms

Use datastore in Web form code-behind
I am developing a new web application. I have some reports in old legacy system that are written in PB but have to migrate to web. So I migrate the old dw by Datawindow Designer first. And I decide to instance a datastore in web form code-behind, set its datawindow object and retrieve, then save the output as pdf or excel and redirect the saved file back to the browser. The following is the piece of C# codes: Sybase.DataWindow.DataStore ds = new Sybase.DataWindow.DataStore(); this.oleDbConnection1.Open(); Sybase.DataWindow.AdoTransaction tran = new Sybase.DataWindow.AdoTransa...

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Web resources about - validate web form entries via textbox again in the C# (code-behind) code again - yes or no?????? - asp.net.web-forms

Looking at the code behind our three uses of Apache Hadoop - Facebook
Facebook Engineering hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Looking at the code behind our three uses of Apache Hadoop geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen ...

How Heartbleed Works: The Code Behind the Internet's Security Nightmare
By now you've surely heard of Heartbleed, the hole in the internet's security that exposed countless encrypted transactions to any attacker who ...

Anatomy of an interactive: a look at the code behind our Second Screen
... and Paralympics coming to town, this presented the perfect opportunity to try it on. Being mainly responsible for the client-side code, I'll ...