using vb.net Windows form controls in ASP.net

I am try to build a control that has the same functionality as this FOREX Chart, ( http://www.dailyfx.com/FinanceChart.html?symbol=NZD/USD )  Its a JavaApplet. I am a .NET newbie.

So how would you do this in ASP/Vb.net ?

I know I cant do this in a vb.net windows form control (WFC). I know that I can place a WFC in an HTML page via the <OBJECT> , but on reading vb.net book by Francesco Balena (Page 639) there are limitations on doing this they being.
- The HTML file holding WFC must be in a IIS directory, and access the HTML via HTTP to Internet Explorer.
- Cant use CAB file for multiple assemblies ( NO idea what this means)
- Certain WFC object properties cant be accessed ( ie Address property)
- Also secuirty must allow it to run on client.

So how would do this type of thing it ASP and Vb NET world. I know the ASP web controls can draw the image of a price chart but with no functionality,so how does one create the live functionality of the price cursor, Trendlines etc ?

Please advise ? Am i wrong are there any examples out there ? Any general advice on how to will help .Thanks

icm63
0
icm63

Maybe with some fancy JavaScript and advanced DHTML you could reproduce this component.  However it would be nightmare and hard to get it to run on other platforms.  I would think Java would be your best option.  You could use ActiveX, which is what you are talking about, but it will only run on Windows machines.  HTH
If an answer has been provided to you question please mark it as an answer.
0
Mlogan

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

.Net Windows Control in Web Form
Hi all,How can I use a .Net windows control in a web form? I use object tag but it doesn't work and displays empty.Thanks in advance cheers Hi, you can check this article out: Hosting a Windows Control in a Web Form. This shows only how to host the control. If you want interaction with the client you can do this by setting the correct CAS (Code Access Security) settings on the client pc. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. Thanks guys for your replycheers...

.NET Windows Forms in .NET Library Model
Hi, I downloaded C# 2.0 Library Model and I see that it does not contain Windows Forms classes (System.Windows.Forms namespace). Is there another library model for this? ...

non .net form issue within a .net form tag

Looping through controls in VB.Net Web Form
I need to disable every imagebutton. In VB6, I would have done it like this: 1 Dim iButton As ImageButton 2 For Each iButton In Me.Controls 3 iButton.Enabled = False 4 Next In .Net, I get a "Specified cast is not valid" errror on line 2. Using Page.controls in place of Me.Controls also produces the same error. So, I tried this (and multiple variations): 1 Dim ibControl As Object 2 For Each ibControl In Me.Controls 3 If TypeOf ibControl Is ImageButton Then 4 ...

VB.NET web form Image control SizeMode
The "PictureBox" control in VB.NET has a property called "SizeMode". This allows you to choose how the image will display in the picture box if it is not the same size as the picturebox. However the "image" control for a VB.NET web form (in an ASP.NET application) does not have such a property, instead all images seem to be set to "StretchImage". I want them to be set to "normal", how can I do this? I thought of building my own user control but this would be silly because there must be a simpler way....

how to edit rows in the gridview contol in windows form using vb.net
 hi, I'm neha and can anybody pls tell me how to edit the rows listed in gridview control in windows form using vb.net Its urgent . Thanks,Neha  In this lesson, you will learn about the GridView and FormView controls and how you can use some of the features of these controls to make editing and displaying of database content easier http://www.asp.net/learn/videos/video-07.aspxPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you nehakhanna:gridview control in windows form These forums are for ASP.NET (web sites / web applications), not wind...

using a .Net Control as activex control in VCL form
Hi , We have a to integrate a simple .Dot CSharp control which needs to be integrated into bcb2010 VCL form as a control. We will place the control on the VCL form along with other VCL controls's. I tried creating a simple .net control using a lable+textbox and trying to use in vcl form. I have made the assembly comvisible and generated tlb files and .bpl for the component. I could see the component in "ActiveX" tool palette. But when I drag the object onto VCL form and try to access its attributes I run into problems. I am not able to see .net control on the vcl at runti...

Post form with data to a external site (.net 1.1 vb.net)
Hi I have now been googling for hours and I can not find a answer. :-( I am programming a e-shop (.net 1.1) and what I want to achive is: Customer fillout form, clicks on the Pay button then should the following thing happen: 1. Form date is saved to the database ( normal vb.net code ) 2. The data that should be posted to the external form is create from the saved data   ( normal vb.net code ) 2. A post is done to an external site with created data as "post" data and then user is redirected to this site. Thanks   Christian   Use the System.Net.HttpWebRequest...

use of vb.net and c#.net

Web resources about - using vb.net Windows form controls in ASP.net - asp.net.web-forms

WA bushfires: Firefighters work through the night to control several blazes
Firefighters in Western Australia are working through the night to control and contain several blazes.

MAZEL TOV, HILLARY: Clinton Wins Gun Control Award From Major Anti-Bill of Rights Group
... restrictions on the freedoms protected by the Constitution is not a sign of character, but a clear indication of blind adherence to a gun control ...

Brussels Pushes Gun Control In Wake of Paris Attacks
Europeans double down on gun control after terrorists murder defenseless civilians

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Wii U will likely support Wiimote and Nunchuk controls
Well this is interesting. Fans have been speculating as to the control schemes that will be supported in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ...

Control Your HTPC With Scavenged IR Parts
If you’ve built yourself a home theater PC, one of your highest priorities is probably coming up with a convenient control solution. The easiest ...

ICYMI: Even the AP couldn’t validate any of Hillary’s gun control nonsense
... – not 200 as she claimed . Asked to explain the discrepancy, Clinton’s campaign pointed to 2013 statistics from the Centers for Disease Control ...

5 Questions: Punjab’s rightful control over Chandigarh, says Prem Singh Chandumajra
Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal) MP Prem Singh Chandumajra on why he raised the issue of Punjab’s claim over Chandigarh in LS.

Over-The-Counter Birth Control Empowers Women And Pharmacists In Oregon And California
Over-the-counter birth control is coming to Oregon and California. There’s an enactment of new laws on the horizon that will allow pharmacists ...

In this Dark Fairy Tale, a Sheltered Young Girl Seizes Control of Her Future
“In a family headed by a tyrannical father, the younger daughter will regain her freedom on her birthday.” It’s a simple synopsis, but Blood ...