Using scripts with Web Controls vs. HTML Controls

When using <SELECT> I can use the onchange event to execute some javascript code at the top of my document.

However, it appears that when I use <asp:dropdownlist> and the OnSelectedIndexChanged event that I have to post back to the server to execute any code.  Is it possible to have javascript code execute on the client side when my asp:dropdownlist is changed or do I have to use a <SELECT> statement to accomplish this?

0
Billkamm

Web form Controls vs HTML controls
Hi, can anyone explain me the difference between Web Form Controls and HTML controls? What is their usability and disadvantages? Can i write code behind HTML controls?    Thanx in advance. Yes, you just have add "runat=server", in your HTML control. The Web Server Control, have more funtionality that the HTML controls. With Web Server Control, you can work easy with Data. Too, you have controls as AdRotator, WebCalendar and more... : http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/MCP Sergio Tarrillo Here are the Recommendations from Microsoft ....when to use 1 over the other...

HTML Controls vs Web Form Controls
Hi, I have a page with both controls (HTML and Web Form Controls). I am trying to use an html Calendar control and then get the date selected by the user and put into a Web form input field control. When I try to run this the HTML control cannot talk to the Web form control. Any ideas? Thanks. Can't you put some javascript in the HTML-control with which you assign the value to the ASP.NET Server control? Please post some code so I can help u. Kind Regards,ThaYoung1! Hi here is the Code. Also I added a web form text input control and an html text control and created a fu...

Use Web Control In a Web Control
Is this possible?I am working with an aspx page that consists of many different web controls.One of the web controls contains search criteria.  One of the criteria is a date range where I am trying to add a popup calendar --> which is another web controlCan I register the popupcaledar control on the questionaire control?  I have tried, but nothing seems to be registered.Any ideas will GREATLY help.Relax and have some Home Brew!Prosecute the Owner - Don't PERSECUTE the Breed!Breed Specific Legislation targets the WRONG end of the LEASH! Without seeing your code we can'...

Web Form Server Controls Vs. HTML controls
Hi1. What is the difference between Web Form Server controls and HTML controls with runat="server" attribute.e.g. <input type="text" id="mytext" runat="server"> Vs. <asp:TextBox id="mytext" />2. Why we should not use the normal HTML control instead of Server Controls since HTML controls are rendered on client side the performance in using them will be much better that using Web form server controls. Pls. can somebody explain this.- Anand one thing i know. there are much more options for the web controls. and web controls are easier to use than the http controls. for exampl...

Mobile Web Controls vs. Web Controls
I am using VS2003 and I have realized that Mobile Web Controls are very basic and simple. So I saw in a post the way to use Web Controls inside Mobile Web Forms. Since then, I often use Web Controls instead of Mobile Web Controls. I put the Web Control inside a Mobile DeviceSpecific and put this DeviceSpecific inside a Mobile Panel. Why the Mobile Controls are so simple?  Does it happen the same in VS2005 or 2008? And, is it right to use only Web Controls inside Mobile Web Forms? Thanks. xesteban:Why the Mobile Controls are so simple?   They are simple because they suppor...

Html controls vs. Web controls

When to use web control and Html control
I am designing a web application in which onclick a form becomes visible containing set of text boxes and other fields. How shoud I design it. I am not able to figure out difference between web form controls and html controls. Shrinivas...

Web control in web control

Who uses Web Controls/HTML Controls?
I'm currently making the migration from ColdFusion to asp.net and I have a few questions. 1. Does anybody really use the Web/HTML Controls? CF has something similar <cfform> but I never use it because I'm a believer in separating html from application logic/control. And I like being in control of what goes on in my apps. However, I find the Web/HTML Controls interesting. 2. Is there a standard framework that people use to organize their code? I like using MVC (Model, View, Controller) to create true N-tier applications. Just wondering what others use. 3. Is anybody using Flash...

HTML Controls vs Web Controls
Is there a cut and dry or "best practice" answer for when to use straight HTML, the HTML controls (runat=server), or the web controls? Thanks! You could have a look here: ASP.NET Server Controls Recommendations and here, perhaps: Introduction to ASP.NET Server Controls-- Mike PopeASP.NET User EducationThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Thanks!!!...

Use Web Custom control or Web User control?
Friends,  I have a generic aspx page and its functions which is used in many .NET web application. The generic page contains a HTML Div control, server drop down list, server buttons, server textbox and it have different server and client functions to do its tasks for calling aspx pages in web applications. My problem is I do not know whether I should make that generic page as a web user control (but this is tedious because all other application folders must store frontpage aspx and code behind files of the generic page) or as a web custom control (This seems to be good beca...

Desktop Web Controls vs. Mobile Web Controls
Hi, after having a look at the posts in this forum about mobile issues, i still have some doubts. Hope someone can clarify this to me:VS2005 does not need MMIT (currently known as ASP .NET Mobile Controls) because it´s already included in 2.0 version, right?In VS2005, if i decide to build a web site to be accessible via a desktop browser or a mobile device, the right thing to do is use the asp .net web application template? In this case, the rendering is automatic depending on the device, correct?If i decide to create a web page to be accessible via a device browser, then, for now, i still h...

HTML controls vs Web Controls #2
    Hi All,   What is the differnce between HTML controls and web controls?   Some of the things which could be done by web application, could also be   be done by Web Controls.   So, why HTML controls are being provided.   What is the use of that having two different controls web controls and HTML controls?   Regards Abdul      The main difference is the Web Server Controls are generated on the server side and turned into HTML and can be used in the code behind, the HTML controls are just static HTML markup. The S...

Web resources about - Using scripts with Web Controls vs. HTML Controls - asp.net.web-forms

Grand Mufti of Australia in damage control after Paris attacks
AUSTRALIA’S top Muslim cleric has gone into damage control.

New solution helps businesses take control of CRM
... Azuqua is launching a purpose-built solution to allow businesses to integrate data, automate business-critical workflows and take control of ...

Obama to Veto Bill Requiring Background Checks On Syrian Refugees; France Demands Tighter Controls, EU ...
... does not call for ending the refugee program or require religious screenings, as some Republicans have demanded . France Demands Tighter Controls, ...

2 Killed After Helicopter Spins Out Of Control, Bursts Into Flames At Southern California Airport
Two people on board a helicopter were killed when the aircraft spun out of control after landing and burst into flames in Carlsbad.

We Face Terrorist Threats – Don’t Even Think About Enacting Gun Control Laws
Because, "terrorists have once again proven that only good people obey bad laws, and they do so to their own detriment."

This App Lets You Control Your Smartphone By Drawing
Mouse gestures never made sense on PCs, but they're awesome on Android. Long before we started swiping and tapping on touch screens, mouse gestures ...

How To Take Control Of The New Apple TV's Siri Remote
... is jumpy? Tired of scrolling back and forth to switch between Uppercase and Lowercase text? Here are some tips to let you quickly take control ...

Obama: I’m thinking I’ll spend my last year in office focused on gun control
Plans. Your alternate headline comes from Charles Cooke: “President Obama announces record gun sales in 2016.” So two of his major priorities ...