Using Response.Redirect and Response.Write from flat class file

Setup:

I developed an interface that holds certain functions that are shared between some users in my system. The different users are grouped into classes that implement that interface.
Problem:
In some instances the implementations of this interface include a mere write to the screen or a redirect. However, when I attempt to do something like Response.write or Response.redirect from those classes, I am getting an error that says "Response is not Available in this Context"
Question:
Is what I am trying to do possible and if so, how do I correct this problem.
Thanks in advance for any help or guidance
0
jcheriat

HttpContext.Current., will let you get to the objects you are looking for.
Mike Schellenberger - MCAD
0
schellem
3/29/2004 7:57:20 PM
That worked GREAT!  Thank you very much!

0
jcheriat

Not able to use Response.write for writing to Excel, when using Response content compression
We have the Excel download option for our page, for which we use Response.ContentType as application/vnd.ms-excel and writing the data to Excel stream using Response.write.  As we apply Respone fileter for compressing the response content, this is not working. Considering the performance we don't want to disable the compression.  can anyone give some suggestions? Thanks in advance.     Disabling the compression for these particular requests would be OK, wouldn't it?However, a compressing response filter should not be a problem, even with application/vnd....

Response.write or Response.redirect?
I have a code using Response.Write and javascript to open another page, the code looks like this: Response.Write("<Script language='javascript'>window.open('http://10.10.30.25:8080/Orders/Orders.aspx?vloc=fac&vflag=" & Session("varflag") & "&vid=" & Session("FacilityID") & "&vrepid=" & Session("varid") & "');</script>") it send me to another page in a different window or tab. I want to open it in the same window or tab as in Response.Redirect, but in Respons...

Won't let me use both Response.Write and Response.Redirect in same function?
Below is my code:Response.Write("&lt;script language='javascript'>window.open ('Saved Form.htm' ,'NewWindowName', 'width=400, height=400, toolbar=no, resizable=no');</script>"); Response.Redirect("forms.aspx?Form=sale");  Those two lines are in a function. When that function is called it directly redirects me to forms.aspx without opening the new window first. How can I fix that so that it opens the new window and then redirects the user to a different page in the old window. Using Visual Studio 2005. Language: C# ...

Using Response.Write from a class not inherited from Web.UI.Page
Hey folks, I have a utilities.cs class in my web app that includes a SendEmail routine to send emails when users do certain tasks. In that routine, after I've sent the email, I want to pop up a Javascript alert box to confirm the email has been sent (or not sent if there was an error)... but since my utilities class does not inherit the Page class it won't allow me to do the Response.Write("<SCRIPT>Alert('Email sent!');<?SCRIPT>" line like I want to... anyone know how I can do this or get around it? I'm sure there's a library I can import which exposes web method...

Should we use Response.Redirect ( url, true) or Response.Redirect ( url, false) ?
Normally most of the time we use Response.Redirect (url). How is this different from Response.Redirect ( url, true) or Response.Redirect ( url, false) ? Also, what is the best form of Redirect to use when going to another page?sun21170 The second parameter of Response.Redirect is endResponse which is boolean value that indicates whether to stop running the current page.It depends on if you want to keep it alive or stop it.Thanks Mark post(s) as "Answer" that helped youElectronic ScrewWebsite||Blog||Dub@i.net In what situation, would someone pass a true for the endResponse ...

Response.Redirect after response.OutputStream.Write?
I'm using the Wrox Docs module from Building An ASP.NET Intranet. This code outputs the doc from the DB to the client Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load Dim ItemID As Integer = -1 Dim strTable As String = "parent" Dim DocsSec As New WroxDocSecurity() 'comment this code if you don't want to lock down the download process If Not (DocsSec.HasDocPermissions(DocumentPermissions.DownloadandViewOnly, Request.Params("key"))) _ ...

Using Response.Redirect() after Response.Flush()
I wonder if anyone might be able to help me with a problem I'm having in redirecting to a new page after calling Response.Flush(); The problem has arisen as a side effect of implementing a "Please Wait..." page that displays when clicking on a Search button. The following code is executed when the button's Click event is run: private void btnConfirm1_Click(object sender, System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs e) { btnConfirm1.Visible = false; Response.Buffer = true; FileStream oFile = new FileStream(Request.PhysicalApplicationPath + "/Content/WaitPage.config",FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read); StreamReader oReader = new StreamReader(oFile); string sPageText; while ((sPageText = oReader.ReadLine()) != null) { Response.Write(sPageText); } Response.Flush(); oFile.Close(); // Processing begins ... // Processing ends Response.Flush(); Response.Write("<script language=\"javascript\">\ndocument.getElementById ('PleaseWait').style.display = 'none';\n</script>"); The file WaitPage.config in effect constitutes a complete web page, including a header etc. The entire content of the page, apart from the header lives within the <DIV> 'PleaseWait'. The problem that I'm having is that clicking the browser refresh button once processing i...

How to display an include a file using #include or Response.WriteFile() in the correct location of the web form...
Hello, I am trying to include a file, which will work as a footer for the main page.  I currently have a GridView that gets populated by a DataSource.For this reason the GridView is dynamic in terms of how many rows it'll display.  I place the code to include the "footer" file for the page at the end, right before the closing form tag (</form>) but when I launch the page, the footer always shows first at the top then the Gridview.  I've used both the "#include" directive and the "Response.WriteFile()" command and the result is the same. Does anyone know why this i...

Response.writefile, response.write and file downloads...?
I have a page which presents a file for download.Before offering the download I check it exists using  Response.ClearContent();                Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=" + FileName); if(System.IO.File.Exists(TargetDirectory + "\\" + FileName))                    Response.WriteFile(TargetDirectory + "\\" + FileName);  else throw...

Response.write and response.redirect working together.
In my If then else statement I have 2 statements that are if true i need to pop up a message box and then when they hit ok, redirect them to another page.  so here is the statements and below that it show how I tried to use some code in the statment, but what happens is on the second statement the pop-up will not come up but it will wait 10 seconds and then redirect itself. ElseIf txtStatus.Text = "AGR PERM" Or txtStatus.Text = "AGR TEMP" Then       Page.RegisterStartupScript("LoadFunction", "<script type='text/ja...

Response.Redirect & Response.Write issues
I have code in my image click event which opens a new window when the end user clicks on the image. I need a new page/tab to open up and below is one version of how i do it. The issue l have is this always get stopped by the popup blocker and l want it to open up a new tab without forcing the popup or loosing the initil page!! protected void ImageButton1_Click(object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) { Code here connects to Access and does its job then below is actioned......... try { conn.Open(); sdc.ExecuteNonQuery(); string url = "http://gosomewhere.com/"; Response.Write(""); Response.Write("parent.framename.location.replace('url');"); Response.Write(""); } } Any thoughts anyone!!!! Paul BishopP. Bishop Try to use the below code instead Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(this.GetType(),"open","window.open('"+url+"');",true); Hope this helps,Haissam Abdul MalakMCAD.NET| Blog | The above script, reacted in exactly the same way, the popup blocker stopped the page from opening.... There must be some way of incorporating "_blank"? Thanks so far though BishP. Bishop As far as I know, if you use window.open, the popup blocker will hit you.  Here is a simple article that shows how to detect pop up blockers. Maybe you...

No response from response.redirect
Hi, my asp.net project has atleast 10 webforms and for navigation the response.redirect was working fine till today. It stopped working in one of the pages but stills fine in the other pages. eg. the CANCEL button loads the previously navigated page. All CANCEL except one are working. I checked the button click event, put labels with messages in them; the labels get posted when the button is clicked; but when i remove the labels and put in the response.redirect("PAGE NAME") it stopped working; i even put the wrong path in the response.redirect, still the errorhandler or any o...

Unintelligible file name when using Response to download a file. VB.net
I have a website that shows a list of files stored in the server. Here is the code: Response.Clear()Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=" + targetFile.Name) Response.AddHeader("Content-Length", targetFile.Length.ToString) Response.Charset = "UTF-8" Response.ContentType = StrType Response.TransmitFile(targetFile.FullName) Response.End()The problem is that when the files are written in Russian or Chinese the file name appears unintelligible written and when you click in "Save" the default name for the file i...

unintelligible file name when using Response to download a file. VB.net
I have a website that shows a list of files stored in the server. Here is the code:Dim ObjFileinfo As New FileInfo(strRootPath) Response.Clear() Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachement;filename=" & strFileName) 'NOTE: strFile Name contains the name in Russian, if I Response.Write(strFileName)'I get the proper Russian name displayed on the page so I am sure that I am passing the right oneResponse.AddHeader("Content_Length", ObjFileinfo.Length.ToString()) Response.ContentType = "application/octet-stream" Response.Transm...

Unintelligible file name when using Response to download a file. VB.net
I have a website that shows a list of files stored in the server. Here is the code: Response.ContentType = "application/ms-word"Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment;filename=" & strFileName) Dim fs As FileStream = New FileStream(strRootPath, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read)Dim fileData As Byte() ReDim fileData(fs.Length)Dim bytesRead As Long = fs.Read(fileData, 0, CInt(fs.Length)) fs.Close() Response.BinaryWrite(fileData) Response.End()The problem is that when the files are written in Russian or Chinese the file name appears unintell...

Using Response.OutputStream.Write for Sending Response to the client
 Hi All, I have a small program that is trying to POST and XML to an ASP.net aspx web page. I am using WebRequest and WebResponse classes for communication between aspx and client program. Communication from client to aspx page has no problems and I am able to read complete XML file. To send a response back to the client ( a c# program) I create an XML file and convert it into byte stream and I use Response.OutputStream.Write() function to send message. On the client end I receive the message but it is followed by some standard HTML text (which is required for the aspx page. ...

using response.write and .net datareader
Hi, Is it possible to specify the actual name of the data using a .net datareader (to get data from a sql server database)? Ideally I would like to be able to do : response.write (reader("ProjectName")) is this the write syntax?  Also is it possible to create a string based on the data name myString=reader("ProjectName")   Many thanks Mark :)  You can refer to the column name like this example (and yes you can use the same method to set a variable):  While MyDataReader.Read Response.Write("Name: " & MyDa...

Using response.write inside a class
Hello I have a class which inherits System.Web.UI.Page though when I use response.redirect I get an error: Response is not available in this context. Though when I use Server.Transfer It works fine (I Need to use response.redirect because I need to redirect to an address with a querystring and server.transfer wont allow that). I was wondering what could be the reason for this error? btw - When I use response.write it also don't work, seems like none response will work... Please Help... It's critic May be you can try: HttpContext.Current.Response.Redirect(...

Using Response.Redirect in a VB class
Hi everyone, I have a Public Shared Sub in a VB class in the App_code folder that all my pages use whenever a common update to the database needs to occur.  This sub calls a SQL stored procedure that I've already created. I have a Try..Catch statement and my problem is that if an error occurs with the SQL insert I want the page to redirected to an error page.  So i unassumingly used Response.Redirect("~/Error.aspx").  However Visual Studio comes up with a blue squiggly line underneath "Response" with the error: "Cannot refer to an instance member of a class from wi...

Use Response.Redirect in external class
Hi,I would like to use Response.Redirect(...) in external class. I've added all references that were in aspx file (using System...), but I still get error:"The type or namespace name 'Response' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)".So what do I have to do in order to fire Response.Redirect from class file? Rather than using:    Response.Redirect(...)You must use:    System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response.Redirect(...) Alister Great Thanks it helps :),but I have another similar problem :How to manage Sess...

downloading file using response.redirect
Can you download file that located in the project using response.redirect? or any other code behind method? i have to use it because i create buttons during run time and i want to use one of them to downloading....

Response.Write() in Mobile Web Forms
Construction <% Response.Write("something"); %> doesn't work inside .aspx-page, which contains mobile web form. How can I solve this problem? i had that same problem, i have made a work around but it got moved from this forum to tips and tricks. http://forums.asp.net/thread/1624593.aspx   ...

How can I get a Response.Write and Response.Redirect to work one following the other?
I have a button on my webform that needs to perform 2 operations.  First it must open a new window which I usually do like this: sJScript = "<script>window.open('Form01.aspx?ID=0&Parent=5', '', '');</script>"Response.Write(sJScript)Second it must redirect the current page (not the newly opened one).  I usually do that like this:Response.Redirect("Form02.aspx?ID=6")My problem is, in this case, I must do both with one button click and they interfere with each other.  I've tried flushing/ending the response object in various places, re ordering things, etc but n...

web form

Web resources about - Using Response.Redirect and Response.Write from flat class file - asp.net.web-forms

Humanitarian response to the 2010 Haiti earthquake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The response to the 2010 Haiti earthquake included national governments, charitable and for-profit organizations from around the world which ...

Fortescue's ASX response leaves holes in defence of its deal with Vale
Fortescue Metals' response to an ASX query won't satisfy those concerned about the run-up in the miner's share price a day before the deal with ...

(Early) Monday Smackdown: Ezra Klein on the Execrable Josh Kraushaar: Obamacare Didn’t Pave the Way for ...
... justifiably mad. Ezra Klein delivers the proper smackdown: **Ezra Klein**: [Obamacare didn’t pave the way for Donald Trump. The GOP’s response ...

Investigation: U.S. company bungled Ebola response
Costly mistakes were made by U.S. company during the Ebola outbreak, including misdiagnosing cases, AP investigation finds

Turkey snarls EU refugee-crisis response with sudden offer
Turkey snarled the European Union &amp;apos;s response to the refugee crisis , insisting on fresh concessions as the price for housing more asylum ...

Reviewing incident response plans for data risk preparedness
Don’t let holes in your incident response plan review open gaping vulnerabilities in how you act on security events.

AP Investigation: American company bungled Ebola response
WASHINGTON (AP) — A U.S. company assigned a crucial role in the efforts to battle Ebola in Sierra Leone made a series of costly mistakes during ...

Reviewing incident response plans for data risk preparedness
Incident response plan reviews are growing in importance with the rapidly increasing numbers and types of information security incidents that ...

PETA’s Response To Puppy Killing Allegations: It’s Like ‘Asking How Often You Beat Your Wife’
PETA’s Response To Puppy Killing Allegations: It’s Like ‘Asking How Often You Beat Your Wife’

Kendrick Lamar releases a new album in response to tweets
Kendrick Lamar releases a new album in response to tweets