User Controlers: Changin a string value according to which button is clicked in Header user control

I'm using Visual Studio 2003 and I figured out how to pass strings between usercontrols and the page. But now I have a new problem.

There are couple of Buttons in usercontroler which i named as Header1. When each Button is clicked I have  to pass a different string to the main page (ex: string temp changes when button1 is clicked and when button2 is clicked temp changes again). Therefor string depends on which button is clicked. Using my main webform i send this string from Header1 and give it to the second usercontrol Side Menu.

 Problem is : How to change the value in that string (ex: string temp in Header) according to which Button is clicked. I really appreciate any help

0
ravindranathw

Web User Control to Web User Control...

customvalidator on a user control UC1 when the user clicks a button located on a different user control UC2 on the page
Hi, I am maintaining page where a user control is initialized  dynamically. The user control UC1 has a customvalidator using server side validation. When the postback is caused by a button inside the user control UC1 causes the postback, the customvalidator works fine and I get my validation results displayed. However, If I click a button located on a second user control UC2 on the main aspx page, the validation doesn t execute and I get no result validation error displayed. My question,how can I make the validation execute on the user control  UC1 when the postback is caused by...

Make panel in parent user control visible from child user control button click
I have a user control (parent) that have another user control (child) in itself. I also have an invisible panel in the parent. when I click a button in the child user control, I want the child to turn invisible and the panel in the parent user control to be visible. Because the Page_load is activated before Sub Button_Clicked I don't know how to handle this. I use properties to communcate between the controls. My last try: Public Sub Button_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button_Click.Click 'Hide this child...

UpdatePanel within a web user control resets data of controls outside the user control
Hello, I have a usercontrol on my page which displays a running marquee text. It makes use of an UpdatePanel (within the user control) to refresh the marquee text (within the updatepanel) at periodic intervals. For this I added a timer control and its tick event as an async postback trigger for the UpdatePanel. I have a lot of textboxes and dropdown list boxes (all with runat=server) on the page outside the above user control. These are also contained in different UpdatePanels. Problem is, when the user control does a postback to refresh the marquee text, it causes some of...

User control in a user control
Hello all, I have created a user control with some checkboxes, and public properties to get the values of these checkboxes. I have also created a second user control using the first user control; this second control also access the public properties of the first one. My problem is when I implement the second control in an aspx page, if I click at runtime the checkboxes in the first control, I am able to access its public properties from the methods of the second control but the values of these properties are wrong. while at design time, I do not have this problem. Than...

User Controls in User Controls?
I have the follow set up and it is throwing an error "Unhandled error loading module" ... is there some trick to this that I don't know?I have a project A that uses controls from project B (project B is just a project with all my user controls used through out other modules).  project A uses user control 1 from project B with out any issues at all - great.  But then I wanted to add user control 2 to user control 1 and that is when I get my error.  In fact I don't even have the user control 2 in user control 1, just when I put the register part into user control 1 is when it al...

User Control in a User Control
I have a first user control that contain a second user control. If I cahe the first user control can I still dynamically control the second one or it is cached with the first one therefore can not control it anymore? Thanks When your first control is cached, its rendered out and its output is stored in the cache. On every request to the page containing your control that can satisfy it from cache, the output will just simply be inserted - your first control will never be instantiated or run in that case, so the second one wont be either. Hope this helps,Mike VolodarskyProgram Manager...

Persisting data in a web user control, which contains a list of other web user controls.
 Hi All, I have a control I've created, which can have a number of child controls - also user controls - stored as an ArrayList, which can be added wither a design time or programmatically.My problem is when I add to the list programmatically, it doesn't persist them. So if I add 3 child controls in step 1 of a wizard, with the aim that those three will be visible inside the parent in step 3, what happens is that the parent has no child controls and the item count is 0.Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.Code:Parent Control Markup: <%@ Control Language="C#" Auto...

user control to user control
I have an aspx page that have a "Register" directive to two usercontrol called rptMaster.ascx and rptDetail.ascx. I'm trying to set up a Master-Detail relationship and wish for the rptMaster.ascx to trigger and event from a dropdownlist and for the rptDetail to be listening for DropDownList event. I believe I have gotten the events part okay with help from this articel http://codeproject.com/aspnet/Page_UserControl.asp but my declaration for a private statement to my rptMaster class is producing an error. I'm using beta 2 of asp.net and I 'm having trouble getting a reference TO ...

User Control Within UserControl
If I have a user control A and then inside it a user control B embedded/referenced within it.  User Control A has a panel defined (cpeNewUser) that I want to manipulate from the code behind of User Control B based on some event that happens.So putting this in my code behind of User Control B won't work as it has no idea of cpeNewUser:cpeNewUser.Collapsed = true;So is it because only at runtime they are married up and because of this you cannot access each other's objects at compile time?  How would I get this to work becuase I'm using all user controls inside a AJAX Too...

To access a control placed in a web user control which is loaded during page load in button click event
How can I access a control in a web user control in a button click event , the user control is loaded in page load.Thanks & Regards,Abhiram Reddy Mekha. Try checking this... http://microsoft.apress.com/asptodayarchive/73869/event-handling-between-custom-user-controls-that-are-loaded-at-run-time http://aspalliance.com/565_Dynamic_Loading_of_ASPNET_User_Controls http://www.beansoftware.com/ASP.NET-Tutorials/Controls-Run-Time.aspx http://stackoverflow.com/questions/92792/user-control-created-dynamically-not-able-to-handle-events-on-postback http://www.codersource.net/asp_net_user_c...

Web resources about - User Controlers: Changin a string value according to which button is clicked in Header user control - asp.net.web-forms