Use Web Control In a Web Control

Is this possible?

I am working with an aspx page that consists of many different web controls.
One of the web controls contains search criteria.  One of the criteria is a date range where I am trying to add a popup calendar --> which is another web control
Can I register the popupcaledar control on the questionaire control?  I have tried, but nothing seems to be registered.
Any ideas will GREATLY help.

Relax and have some Home Brew!
Prosecute the Owner - Don't PERSECUTE the Breed!
Breed Specific Legislation targets the WRONG end of the LEASH!
0
ajwaka
8/17/2005 7:55:53 PM
📁 asp.net.web-forms
📃 93655 articles.
⭐ 6 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1515 Views

Without seeing your code we can't really help you with what is not working. But all controls can contain controls. Your web control can contain any other web control.
0
UkBtlog
8/17/2005 9:07:36 PM
Thanks for replying

My trouble is that I'm trying to add the RJS Popup Calendar.  But I have a couple problems.  1.  The asp.net project was not created by me.  I can edit the ascx files to display what I need.  But I need to add the popup calendar to one.    Is there a way to add a control without re-compiling?
I would think I onlly need to do the following (but again, I'm brand new to controls so forgive my ignorance)
1. Register the control on the page (in my case, it's another control or ascx file)
2. Call the control on the page
3. Copy the dll file to your bin directory
4. Add any additional pages that may be included
5.  Go to the page and voila!
---NEW -- 15 MINUTES LATER ----
Figured out my problem.  With the RJS Popup Calendar, you must create it's own project, add the files, and COMPILE it, and use the new compiled DLL in your web pages or controls.
Thanks anyways!!!