Uploading Files without using File control

Hi Everyone,

I'm in need of a feature where i need to upload a file without using File control. Anyone have pointers to go about it ? I've already gone through this tutorial:

http://www.15seconds.com/issue/010522.htm

but when i try to run the code it gives me the error on window 2000 PC:

"Safety settings on this computer prohibit accessing a data source on another domain."

even though security setting set to "Low".

And on XP machine i get the error:

"Can't create automation server" (or something like that not entirely sure)

My actual requirement is to upload a file using AJAX.

Help will be greatly appreciated.
0
parshu21

How to upload file without using file control...???
Hi, I have List of file path of Client. say "C:/WordDoc/Document1.doc". Now i want to upload this file to server.I dont want to use File Upload or Input File HTLM Control. Only i have is Path in some lable or text box. Now, How to upload this file from client to server? I dont have idea on it. Java has Third party API for uploading but i dont have idea on it. Can one help me on it. Whether some ActiveX or API avialble to do so. Thank You In Advance...!!!   ---Bhavin I can't see any worthwhile reason to not use the FileUpload control, but..... http://www.aspfree.com/c/a/....

How to upload file without using html file control
hi i want to know how to upload files without using <input type=file ... > control.means without browsing and selecting the file. i know due to security issues its not allowed that we assign value to file control. but there must be some way of doing it. i heard this can be done using  "HTTP POST" ?  or by opening a socket conenction with the web server? please help  Irfan Zafar Using HTTP POST requires that you use a form and, therefore, use a HtmlInputFile Control. Obviously this isn't what you want to do. The only solution is to write an ActiveX Contr...

File Upload: Without using File Input control
Can anybody just tell me how to store a single file from client machine on to server without using a HTML File Input Control. Regards, Kiran You can use the FileUpload control, but that just renders an HTML file input control in the end.  If you don't want to use any HTML stuff, you could use an ActiveX control.  There are plenty available by searching.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! I tried to find from your serach string but I could not find the exact code in Asp.Net. Can you Please send me&nbs...

How to identify the original file type and restrict the file uploading while using file upload control
 Hi asp.net , I am uploading a file using FileUpload control in asp.net using vb.net.I wrote the code to upload only PDF files. the user can change the extension and change to PDF . I have to check is the file original PDF or not then i have to upload the PDF files only . How to do this ??  Hi, Check the file Mime type for "application/pdf" by looking at the:  FileUpload1.PostedFile.ContentType RegardsSmcoxonNo Gem is ever polished without some friction. Hi smcoxon , Thanks For Replying ,But i found that there is no use using PostedFil...

How can Upload file without using input (file) control
I want to save image in the database from client PC. I use ASP.NET 1.1, Using C#, sql server 2000.  I took a hidden field (picHidden) and store filePath in it. Input (file) control is not allowed b/c I took the image using Web Cam in an Image Web Control. I did by it using the following code   FileStream fs = new FileStream(picHidden.Value,FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read); byte[] ImageData = new byte[fs.Length]; fs.Read(ImageData,0,Convert.ToInt16 (fs.Length)); emp.UpdateEmployeepic(this.sEmpId, ImageData);   The problem is, my code work fine when I run...

How to upload file without using file control in 1.1?
I saw several examples of file control.  Works great!  But I am looking to incorporate this in a webservice that will receive the path parameter and upload the file. Is this possible using 1.1 code? Hi, not directly. You still need to upload the file to your webform but instead of saving it you pass it to the generated proxy of the webservice as a byte array (byte[]) parameter. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers. Anyways, How can i read a files Byte[] - the file that exists on the client without uploading to the server? Hi, nimish:How can i ...

Is there a way to automate uploading file in a web page using html file input control?
I used a form with a web browser control on it to automate the process of connecting to a website entering the login and password and finish the process of uploading a file.As you navigate to the upload page i can't get the input file control to work automatically because the value property is read only and here is the code HtmlDocument loginPage = wb.Documanet;loginPage.All["file1" ].SetAttributes("value", @"C:\A\A.txt");              //this doesn't work Your help is appreciated. Mark as an answer if it helps. ...

Upload multiple files to the server without using File Upload
I want to upload multiple files to the server without using input type file (File Upload). Is there a way to do this. What I want to do is retrieve multiple file paths (paths are displayed in a user control like text boxes) and upload those files to the server as a bunch. I tried to set the value of the File Upload cotrol (using javascript) but it was not succeed since attributes of the File Upload are readonly. (document.getElementById("fileUploadValue").value = "C:\Test.txt") Is there a way to override the values in File Upload control or is there a way to up...

Add link buttons to each file uploaded using File upload control
Hi,   In my application I have one file upload control. When the user selectes a file to upload and when he clicks on Attach button I need to show him the file name of the file he selected to upload and also show the Remove link button after the file name. In this case I need to generate link button dynamically. I wrote a code like the following:protected void btnAttach_ServerClick(object sender, EventArgs e) {string strFileName = MyFile.PostedFile.FileName;string c = System.IO.Path.GetFileName(strFileName); listBoxAttachedFiles.Items.Add(c);LinkButton b = new LinkButton(); b.Te...

Is there any limitation of file types that file upload control can be used to upload?
I am working on a content management system which requires me to upload WebEx recording files (.wrf) through file upload control. But I am getting "internet explorer cannot display the webpage" error. It worked with other files types as txt, doc, xls, pdf, jpg, gif etc. Is it related to any security issue or just a bug with the file upload control?  Thank you. The file upload control doesn't have any file type limitations that I'm aware of, but it does have some size constraints.  By default, ASP.NET is configured to not accept any file's larger than 4...

Upload file withouit using the file control
hi is there a way to upload files withouit using the  file control Not that I know of. I would require some kind of component to be installed Client Side (ActiveX etc.). Read this article for more information.RegardsAndre Colbiornsen ---------------------------------Seventh DayRåbygatan 1A,SE-223 61 LundSwedenMob.: +46-(0)708-97 78 79Mail: info@seventhday.se--------------------------------...

Posting filepath in file upload control in .NET to the next page and uploading the file from second page
In our application (using C# .NET) there is a form with file upload options. After filling up the form details, the summary of the details need to be shown in the next page before committing the information into the database. Right now, Server.Control is used to transfer the contents to the next page and the form details are retrieved using Request.Form["control id"]. But this is not working for File upload control alone.File upload can not be done in the first page itself, as the foreign key in File upload table gets updated only in second page after confirmation. Therefore, is th...

How Do I Enable A File Upload Control When Another File Upload Control Has A Value?
Hi There,Thanks you for taking the time to read this post.  I am quite new to programming and have searched the net and experimented with my own code but not been able to get it to work yet.I am creating a simple CMS for a friends site and my friend wants to be able to upload 9 images per page.I have created an asp.net form with 9 file upload controls.  I want 1 control to be enabled by default and the other 8 controls disabled until the previous control has a value.  I have set the default setting in visual studio without any problem.My first thought was to double cli...

HI allI have a urgent requirement i want to convert .tiff image to .pdf file Thanks in advance Regards RaviPlease click "mark as answer" if this post helped you. I dont think its possible without doing a lot of code or using third party tools, but if you  are looking for a free tool you can try a combination of http://blog.codebeach.com/2008/02/convert-multipage-tiff-to-pdf-in-net.htmland  http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/Creating_PDF_documents_in.aspx Thanks and RegardsS.K.Vignesh----------------------Do remember to "Mark as answer" for this pos...

Web resources about - Uploading Files without using File control - asp.net.web-forms

Uploading and downloading - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Examples of a remote system from which a download might be performed include a web server , FTP server, email server, or other similar systems. ...

Facebook Lets You Tag Photos While They're Uploading
Facebook now lets you add tags to photos before they're finished uploading.

Facebook for iPhone 3.0 to Include Video Uploading for 3GS Owners
We’ve heard a lot of people say the iPhone’s built-in support for YouTube video uploading is going to make a huge impact on the number of people ...

Defence bureaucrat pleads guilty to uploading secret document online
... embarrassing security breach with &quot;Five Eyes&quot; intelligence document. A former junior Defence bureaucrat has pleaded guilty to uploading ...

Uploading Bautista bat flip GIFs could get you sued under TPP, copyright activists warn
Copyright activists say Canadians could face lawsuits, fines or worse for ripping the latest Justin Bieber CD or uploading an animated GIF of ...

Xiaomi apologizes for uploading address book data from smartphones without permission
Former Android head and Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra has apologized to owners of its smartphones for "any concern caused" by collecting contact data ...

Senator calls for FTC investigation of Apple and Google over stealth photo uploading capabilities
Is this how we’ll have to open apps in the future? When we broke the news that iOS (and later Android) apps could upload your photo library (along ...

YouTubers Now Uploading Over 35 Hours Of Video Per Minute!
This week YouTube's got some big news! YouTubers are now uploading over 35 hours of video per minute, up from 24 hours a minute in March.

Google Play Books updated with new design, PDF and EPUB uploading
Caught up in all of the hullabaloo around the keynote, Google Play Books received a notable update in the Play Store to not only bring new UI ...

Twitter rolling out group messaging, 30-second video uploading
Fast Company Twitter rolling out group messaging, 30-second video uploading Android Community Different social networks are doing everything ...