Upload using ListView

 Hello, I would like to know how can I upload a batch of files listed in a listBox. Instead of using the fileUpload control, I have made a web form that takes all files in a specified folder and stores its location in a listBox, from there I would like to click the upload button and have those files uploaded. I would like to use this method as opposed to using the fileUpload control because I would be uploading 50+ files at any given moment and it's going to be a hassle to have to click on every individual one. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you

0
beleami

For multiple file upload without using file upload control.. check out the answer in this thread of mine

http://forums.asp.net/t/1417339.aspx

also if u want to have a nice  ajax control then check out this famous control for doinf the same

http://ajaxuploader.com/

Please mark as answer if it helped u!
0
kavita_khandhadia
5/5/2009 5:50:54 AM

kavita_khandhadia:

For multiple file upload without using file upload control.. check out the answer in this thread of mine

http://forums.asp.net/t/1417339.aspx

also if u want to have a nice  ajax control then check out this famous control for doinf the same

http://ajaxuploader.com/

The question of  beleami and the above URL is completely different.

 beleami  wants to upload it on the server rather than showing it on page.

beleami, We can't assign value to FileName property of FileUpload control because it's readonly, this is not possible due to security reasons, the only way you can upload file is using manual selection of file.

So, what you are trying is not possible.

Please mark it as answer if it resolves the issue.

visit: http://technicalsol.blogspot.com
0
sumitd
5/5/2009 6:12:50 AM

Consider using FTP. FTP is more suited for this compared to uploading file via web page.

Bind GridView to Dynamically created DataTable | Bind DataTable to DropDownList

My Blog
0
shahed

C#.NET WEB APPLICATION

multiple file upload using my web form
Hi all. I work for a web company, and a website was built for a client, which lets the company that we built it for, upload images to their web server through the web page using a standard fileupload control. For each image they upload, some code in the background (vb .net) takes the details and adds the details to a database on the server, the loads the image to the server. On a regular basis they upload all their images this way, which can be hundreds of images! Is there a way for me to let them upload a folder full of images? This couldn't be an FTP job as code needs to work in the ...

using javascript to change .net web form properties
Hello everyone, I'm fairly new to ASP.NET and I'm trying to find the best solution to this problem I'm having.  I believe ultimately what I need to be able to do is change the ImageUrl value via javascript of an ImageButton.  A small example of what I'm working on can be found here in a javascript form:http://www.msu.edu/~sebenic3/This is a simple data input method for a survey. There are three distinct columns, when you select a number within a column it will change the .gif image to show it's selected and then populate the textbox with that value.  I...

Using excel/automation from a .net web form fails, why?
Hi all - From my codebehind I'm attempting to write the contents of a DataSet to Excel. However, it appears that I cannot start Excel from my codebehind to accomplish this. Doing so causes the following error: Cannot execute a program. The command being executed was "c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\csc.exe" /noconfig @"C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\webservice_icspos_consumer\bd8c4cb9\af1c8054\s33rwgwf.cmdline". I've referenced Microsoft Excel 10.0 Object Library which also brings in - Microsoft Office 10.0 Obje...

Web Forms with no DLL using VS .NET IDE
Basically, I've been trying to make ASPX web pages with VS .NET and have learned a little of how to not use the DLL that gets created when the project is compiled and use the .VB source files themselves at run-time. I've been experimenting with changing the keyword CodeBehindFile to SRC; removing the project name from Inherits to look directly at the VB class (i.e. MyProject.MyClass to just MyClass.) I've been changing the private routines with in the class to be public. I have had sucess with getting the pages to work with code files. However, I've been having certain problems in .NET I...

Use web.config with web forms?
 Hi All, I'm doing some unit testing of a web application, and would like to use settings from a web.config file.  Is this possible? Thanks much,- Mark I'd suggest keeping your Unit Tests in a seperate project and using it's own .config file. It will be a little repetition but it will help to keep things seperated for perf and reusability without bloating your production app. I agree with Curt. It is better to seperate options for testing and release version. This will decrease the job to be done once the unit testing process is finished.Haissam Abdul Mal...

populating web form objects when using Visual Studio.NET
What is the best way of creating datasets for asp.net pages and populating web form objects. I have always created datasets within a sub routine and then populated my web form controls from that dataset. I was given some code that the pages were created in visual studio. I know the page gets its data from a stored procedure. What I can't find is code that calls that stored procedure and also populates the web form objects. Most of my asp.net development has been done on the asp.net page and not in Visual Studio. So if someone could tell me what to look for that would be great. Well, t...

CR 9 for VS.NET PDF problems using web forms
Hi all. I am trying to capture patient history data then summarize the data in a one page report using Crystal Report. I would like to use Adobe Plug-in to alllow for printing the report (although printing from the browser will be acceptable). I am using the code straight off of the web site: Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim myExportOptions As CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportOptions Dim myDiskFileDestination As CrystalDecisions.Shared.DiskFileDestinationOptions Dim myExportFile...

IE StatusBar Messages using Visual Basic .NET Web Forms
I'm creating a web-based application that has many different forms for data entry.  I basically want to use the exisiting Internet Explorer status bar to provide the user messages that verify that a record has been saved.  Is there a way to do that in Visual Basic .NET without having to create a save button click event that basically writes out JavaScript?  I know I could use a custom validator or a validation summary to do this, but I just think that the Status Bar is a better interface for what I want to do.  Please let me know if you have any suggestions.  Thanks...

4 Layered Web Application for Inserting data into a database using sql server as the back end and a web form as the front end using C#
4 Layered Web Application for Inserting data into a database using sql server as the back end and a web form as the front end using C# . Can someone provide with code as I am new to this architecture and framework. Better send email. Thanks In Advance, A New Bie I suggest taking a look at the Time Tracker Starter Kit (v1.x or x2.0) or the Issue Tracker Starter Kit (v1.x).  Full source code is available.  Click on the Downloads tab above to find them.  These are not exactly what you are looking for, but perhaps they will help you get started.Terri MortonEngagement Manag...

Using Win Form controls in web forms
Hi All,   Please tell me if i can't use the window forms controls in my webform. What if i simply import the System.windows.forms Namespace. Definitely this will help me to expose the class & methods, but will they work accordingly when get rendered. I am totally confused.. please help me. Thanks Simple answer:  You can't.  Webforms controls render as HTML; while this may be possible to achieve with Winforms controls by invoking the design-time rendering, I doubt it's going to work very well.What control are you trying to use?Peter BrunoneMS MVP, ASP.NETFounder, Easy...

Web resources about - Upload using ListView - asp.net.web-forms

Optimizing ListView item rendering
For many Windows Store apps written in JavaScript that work with collections, cooperating well with the WinJS ListView control is essential for ...

Improvements to the ListView control in WinJS 2.0
We’re proud to describe the improvements we have made to the ListView control for the Windows Library for JavaScript (WinJS) 2.0. Here we’ll ...

Android ListView – Fixing Missing/Blank Dividers
A post with code in it. Because it’s been a long time since the last one. If you work with ListViews in Android, as all Android developers will ...

Under the Hood: Rebuilding Facebook for Android - Facebook
Facebook Engineering hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Under the Hood: Rebuilding Facebook for Android geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text ...

CNW Group
... Services Beyond the Wire About CNW my CNW CNW Access CNW Directories Financials Webcasts Events my CNW All News Releases Advanced Search Listview ...

BitSpirit ChangeLog - BitSpirit
[Dec 29, 2010] v3.6.0.550 Stable Improved: Reduced memory usage while IPFilter.dat is enabled; Fixed: problems while running on Linux & Wine; ...

TransMac Help
TransMac Help

Aid Armenia
English HOME / CURRENT PROJECTS / PAST PROJECTS / ABOUT US Current Projects GALLERY - LISTVIEW Projects Amount Raised Amount Needed Appeal Target ...

TransMac Help
TransMac Help

AutoIt Forums
The AutoIt community forums.