Upload file withouit using the file control

hi

is there a way to upload files withouit using the  file control

0
SamiKaraeen

Not that I know of. I would require some kind of component to be installed Client Side (ActiveX etc.). Read this article for more information.
Regards

Andre Colbiornsen
---------------------------------
Seventh Day
Råbygatan 1A,
SE-223 61 Lund
Sweden
Mob.: +46-(0)708-97 78 79
Mail: info@seventhday.se
--------------------------------
0
adec

How to identify the original file type and restrict the file uploading while using file upload control
 Hi asp.net , I am uploading a file using FileUpload control in asp.net using vb.net.I wrote the code to upload only PDF files. the user can change the extension and change to PDF . I have to check is the file original PDF or not then i have to upload the PDF files only . How to do this ??  Hi, Check the file Mime type for "application/pdf" by looking at the:  FileUpload1.PostedFile.ContentType RegardsSmcoxonNo Gem is ever polished without some friction. Hi smcoxon , Thanks For Replying ,But i found that there is no use using PostedFil...

Is there a way to automate uploading file in a web page using html file input control?
I used a form with a web browser control on it to automate the process of connecting to a website entering the login and password and finish the process of uploading a file.As you navigate to the upload page i can't get the input file control to work automatically because the value property is read only and here is the code HtmlDocument loginPage = wb.Documanet;loginPage.All["file1" ].SetAttributes("value", @"C:\A\A.txt");              //this doesn't work Your help is appreciated. Mark as an answer if it helps. ...

Add link buttons to each file uploaded using File upload control
Hi,   In my application I have one file upload control. When the user selectes a file to upload and when he clicks on Attach button I need to show him the file name of the file he selected to upload and also show the Remove link button after the file name. In this case I need to generate link button dynamically. I wrote a code like the following:protected void btnAttach_ServerClick(object sender, EventArgs e) {string strFileName = MyFile.PostedFile.FileName;string c = System.IO.Path.GetFileName(strFileName); listBoxAttachedFiles.Items.Add(c);LinkButton b = new LinkButton(); b.Te...

Is there any limitation of file types that file upload control can be used to upload?
I am working on a content management system which requires me to upload WebEx recording files (.wrf) through file upload control. But I am getting "internet explorer cannot display the webpage" error. It worked with other files types as txt, doc, xls, pdf, jpg, gif etc. Is it related to any security issue or just a bug with the file upload control?  Thank you. The file upload control doesn't have any file type limitations that I'm aware of, but it does have some size constraints.  By default, ASP.NET is configured to not accept any file's larger than 4...

How to upload file without using file control...???
Hi, I have List of file path of Client. say "C:/WordDoc/Document1.doc". Now i want to upload this file to server.I dont want to use File Upload or Input File HTLM Control. Only i have is Path in some lable or text box. Now, How to upload this file from client to server? I dont have idea on it. Java has Third party API for uploading but i dont have idea on it. Can one help me on it. Whether some ActiveX or API avialble to do so. Thank You In Advance...!!!   ---Bhavin I can't see any worthwhile reason to not use the FileUpload control, but..... http://www.aspfree.com/c/a/....

Uploading Files without using File control
Hi Everyone, I'm in need of a feature where i need to upload a file without using File control. Anyone have pointers to go about it ? I've already gone through this tutorial: http://www.15seconds.com/issue/010522.htmbut when i try to run the code it gives me the error on window 2000 PC:"Safety settings on this computer prohibit accessing a data source on another domain."even though security setting set to "Low". And on XP machine i get the error:"Can't create automation server" (or something like that not entirely sure)My actual requirement is to upload a file using AJAX.Help will be gr...

Posting filepath in file upload control in .NET to the next page and uploading the file from second page
In our application (using C# .NET) there is a form with file upload options. After filling up the form details, the summary of the details need to be shown in the next page before committing the information into the database. Right now, Server.Control is used to transfer the contents to the next page and the form details are retrieved using Request.Form["control id"]. But this is not working for File upload control alone.File upload can not be done in the first page itself, as the foreign key in File upload table gets updated only in second page after confirmation. Therefore, is th...

How Do I Enable A File Upload Control When Another File Upload Control Has A Value?
Hi There,Thanks you for taking the time to read this post.  I am quite new to programming and have searched the net and experimented with my own code but not been able to get it to work yet.I am creating a simple CMS for a friends site and my friend wants to be able to upload 9 images per page.I have created an asp.net form with 9 file upload controls.  I want 1 control to be enabled by default and the other 8 controls disabled until the previous control has a value.  I have set the default setting in visual studio without any problem.My first thought was to double cli...

web.pb and file upload (using type=file)
Hello all. Has anyone successfully _processed_ a form with a "input type = file" based file upload via a web.pb function call? I certainly won't work by declaring an argument as a blob and accepting it that way...unless there is some post call processing I'm missing.. I'm pretty sure it is a multi-part data stream problem. Anyone have a function out there to accept the form? Thanks in advance!! I'll owe you one. -W -- William Rompala J.P. Morgan -- Lose the X before william in email address to send mail ...

How to upload file without using html file control
hi i want to know how to upload files without using <input type=file ... > control.means without browsing and selecting the file. i know due to security issues its not allowed that we assign value to file control. but there must be some way of doing it. i heard this can be done using  "HTTP POST" ?  or by opening a socket conenction with the web server? please help  Irfan Zafar Using HTTP POST requires that you use a form and, therefore, use a HtmlInputFile Control. Obviously this isn't what you want to do. The only solution is to write an ActiveX Contr...

File Upload: Without using File Input control
Can anybody just tell me how to store a single file from client machine on to server without using a HTML File Input Control. Regards, Kiran You can use the FileUpload control, but that just renders an HTML file input control in the end.  If you don't want to use any HTML stuff, you could use an ActiveX control.  There are plenty available by searching.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! I tried to find from your serach string but I could not find the exact code in Asp.Net. Can you Please send me&nbs...

change file name using File Upload Control
  Hi,   How to chang file name using File Upload Control and the store it on some location is it possible? You can change file name as per your requirement. suppose you are browse test.zip file for Upload the file then you can change the file name but extension is must be same.NameOfFileFieldElement.PostedFile.SaveAs(Server.MapPath("uploadedfile.zip")) and for more information regarding FileUploading check out the following link it will help you.http://www.developer.com/net/asp/article.php/3097661 Please Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.Rega...

I have a web user control being used by another web user control, but the one being used will not display the labels in the resx file.
I am using DotNetNuke version 3.13 (might be 3.013) on a Window's XP machine, SP2. I have what I find to be an extremely odd situation. I have a project called TDS.Controls. This project is a web control library. Each control has its own resx file, which is located in the App_LocalResources directory. Each control inherits from Framework.UserControlBase, just like DotNetNuke's User control in DNN\Controls\User.ascx.vb. As a matter of fact, this control is doing the exact same thing I am trying to do. It is a web user control with its own resx file being used by another web user control (See ...

Upload all files in folder with file upload control
H i I'm trying to upload all files to a wesite that is in a specific local folder. My code workes fine when I run it locally but when I upload it it fails. I think it looks for the files to upload on the web server and thus cannot find it.  1 Dim files() As String 2 folderExists = System.IO.Directory.Exists(foldername) 3 If folderExists = False Then 4 Label1.Text = "Folder does not exist. Did you enter a folder name or just a file name ?" 5 Exit sub 6 End If 7 files = System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(foldername) 8 For...

Web resources about - Upload file withouit using the file control - asp.net.web-forms

Helicopter service launched for pilgrims in Kochi
A heli- taxi services have been launched in Kochi to ferry pilgrims to the famous hill shrine at Sabarimala and other pilgrim centers in Kerala. ...

Is a Facebook security hole helping hackers spread iPhone 4 spam?
Apple isn't giving away 1000 iPhones, but a security problem at Facebook might be allowing hackers to post messages to users' walls withouit ...

Thorium Nuclear Fuel
About Thorium Nuclear Fuel. Including cost, production, mining, and research Thorium Nuclear Fuel.

History News Network
Until the 1840s dirty tricks had been all but unknown in American politics. The first presidential election in which dirty tricks were played ...