Update parameters and Control parameters: how do you set a default value

I have a Db update that I want to set the lastupdate column to be the date & time of right now.  Can anyone tell me who I can do that in a ControlParameter using the Default value?  Or is there another way it is done when adding parameters to the UpdateParameters tag?

 Thanks for the help!!

0
JWalker67

Don't use a parameter.  Use GetDate() in your SQL (or Now() if using Access)

Regards Mike
[MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]
My site
0
Mikesdotnetting

Setting the Parameter Value to the Property Value of a Web Control
I want to filter my DetailsView with a declarative parameter. In my case, I am setting the SqlDataSource's parameter values based on the value of 2 TextBox controls on the page. I have a SP that does a SELECT based on 1 of the parameters passed in (either an ID or phone number). Param Name          Value MemberID          TextBox1.Text Phone               TextBox2.Text I want to assign a default value of 'null' for b...

Control Parameters not parametizing...
  Code:<asp:SqlDataSource runat="Server" ID="UserDS" SelectCommand="SELECT DISTINCT [user_id], permission FROM admin_permissions" DeleteCommand="DELETE FROM admin_permissions WHERE [user_id] = @old_user_id AND permission = @old_permission" InsertCommand="INSERT INTO admin_permissions ('user_id','permission') VALUES (@user_id, @permission)" OldValuesParameterFormatString="old_{0}" ConnectionString="<%$ConnectionStrings:HPWCore %>"> <InsertParameters> ...

Set parameter value to "Insert Parameters"
Hi, I am using objectdatasource as datasource in page. I use the "File Upload" control to get the image and save to database. Within the database table, there are a lot of datafield. I got the problem of setting the parameter value for the image. I use three datafield to store the image relevant data.     Datafield    DataType1. imgName    (nvarchar 50)2. imgData     (Image)3. imgType     (nvarchar 50) Try            Dim imgName As String  &...

Null Default Value on Control Parameter.
Greetings! I am working with a gridView that plugs into a sqlDataSource which executes a stored procedure that has 3 parameters. I would like to set two of the parameters to a value and have the third default to a null value. I have tried the following code: <asp:SqlDataSource ID="sqldsJobs" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:ExampleConnString %>" SelectCommand="sp_Example" SelectCommandType="StoredProcedure"> <SelectParameters> <asp:Parameter DefaultValue="813" Name="CompanyID" Type="Int32" /> <asp:Paramet...

Parameters from User Control to web form.
Hi,I have a user control in the web form which displays the hyperlinks. When I click the link I need to pass the parameters to web form(i.e main page). How can I do this. I appreciate your help.Thanks... Are you wanting to set the value in a textbox in the webform? In that case you could put something like this in your event handler: txtBoxName.Text = yourParameter.ToString(); If that doesn't make any sense, could you describe your issue in a bit more detail? control, alt, deletedigital hari-kirithree-fingered salute- Chuck Powell...

Setting default value of an ObjectDataSource parameter
Hi, I have an ObjectDataSource that takes a parameter.  This parameter comes from a drop-down box that is bound to a SqlDataSource. My problem is that I want to set a default value for the ObjectDataSource that is equal to the first item in the drop-down. However, the default value property only accepts a string, not an expression.  How can I pass the first item in the drop-down as the default value of the ObjectDataSource? Thx....

how to set a query parameter to a control value
I am trying to get a value of label l_centerno as a parameter default value for a query. This is what I am doing now but it is not working-the query finds nothing. How can I get the value of v to be a query parameter?     Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)       l_centerno.Text =request.querystring("v")     ' v gets here-it displays in l_centerno    End Sub.........         <asp:SqlDataSource ID="Sq...

Set parameter to Control Display Value
I have a set of dropdown lists where the event on the top one sets the selected value of the ones beneath it to the same value.  They all use the same accessdatasource but each one displays a different column of data.  Is there a way to pick up the DisplayValue instead of the ID of the selected data so that I can pass it to an insert statement? myDropDown.Items[myDropDown.SelectedIndex].Text  Andrey Dudarev...для нас невозможного мало... Thanks for the tip.  How would it fit into the AccessDataSource Insert line?<asp:AccessDataSource ID="AccessDataSource1&quo...

How to set default values as parameter of a prepared statement
Hi, I'm thinking about the support of default values as parameter bind for a prepared statement. Before I implement a special DBD::MaxDB solution I would like to ask if there is a standardized way to do this in DBI. For understanding, you can set the NULL value when you bind undef but how can you set the DEFAULT value for a parameter? If DBI does not support default values as parameter are there any other driver that support this. If yes, how is it solved? Kind regards, Marco Paskamp MaxDB, SAP Labs Berlin=20 On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 03:31:35PM +0200, Paskamp, Marco wrote: ...

The parameter is incorrect for SqlDataAdapter control on web form
Hello.I'm developing and testing a web application using VS.NET 2003, VB, .NETFramework 1.1.4322, ASP.NET 1.1.4322 and IIS5.1 on WIN XP Pro, SP2.   I'm using a web form.During testing, i guess i installed and deleted an SqlDataAdapter control on my web form one too many times.  When i try to add one now, it gives me "The parameter is incorrect" with an OK button and just does nothing.  It never adds the control to the web form.I deleted the SqlConnection, stopped and restarted  IIS, Sql servers, my computer.   Searched the internet and sti...

Modify Web Control in Function by Passing in Web Control's ID as Parameter
Good day to all, I am trying to modify web controls through functions by passing in their ID as the parameter so that I can call the function whether a control's properties need to be modify. The rough idea I have is as follows: (Function, In VB) Function ModifyTextboxText(Byval SampleTextbox) SampleTextBox.text = "Textbox contents changed." End function (Calling the function) ModifyTextboxText(MyTextbox.id) Has anyone got any idea how I could proceed with the coding? Appreciate any help around here. Its for my school project. Thanks!...

How do I get a control on my form to be updated based on a parameter in my URL?
Hi I am trying to get my program to respond to changes in the parameters in the URL, specifically a label on the form.  The form is my default.aspx form and I have a label on it that I would like to be updated after I change the URL.    This is what I have in the Form Load routine:   Dim Objective As String = Request.QueryString("Objective#")         If Objective = 1 Then             Label1.Text = "This text should show in my label."        ...

which values to set of parameter of Authorize.net payment Gateway ??
hi all... i want to know values which are to be there to set up Authorize.net payment Gateway... which values to set of parameter of Authorize.net payment Gateway ?? e.g. Parameter name 1) AUTHORIZENET_X_Login , 2) AUTHORIZENET_X_Tran_Key Thank You Jay "Enjoy Life" There are more than one service that Authorize.net offers. You would need to know which service is best for your application to know which parameters it requires. The AIM (Advanced Integration Method) is probably the most common. An implementation guide (which shows you the parameters) can ...

How to Programmatically Update a Parameter's Default Value
I have a report with 5 parameters.  Each parameter has a default value.  Using ASP.NET/C#, how can I programmatically update each parameter's default value? When you say default value, do you mean default values at the database level that you'd like to change when showing them on the report or default values that you set at the report level ( dont know if this can actually be done) that you want to change before you return recrods to the reporting services ?***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** If you use webservice for the Rep...

Web resources about - Update parameters and Control parameters: how do you set a default value - asp.net.web-forms