Update field field value at specified date and time....

I am doing one project in that......

after login user set one date and time...........it will store in one sql table..........

now user logout from the page also website .....

but now i want to update one field value to 1 but on specified date and time which was entered by user so many days ago.....

Please help....... i know the code to update sql table but where to write that code(fire on that particular date and time) and  that i dont know..........

Mayursinh B Rana
9898010015

Marking a Reply as 'Answered', not only GAIN us some POINTS, but it also HELP others to find RIGHT solution.
0
Mayursinh

Mayursinh:

I am doing one project in that......

after login user set one date and time...........it will store in one sql table..........

now user logout from the page also website .....

but now i want to update one field value to 1 but on specified date and time which was entered by user so many days ago.....

Please help....... i know the code to update sql table but where to write that code(fire on that particular date and time) and  that i dont know..........

You can refer here

http://www.aspsnippets.com/post/Parameterized-Queries-ADONet.aspx

MVP ASP/ASP.Net
MVP ASP/ASP.Net
mudassarkhan
4/10/2009 3:45:49 PM

khan i know that how to insert data .....also

all about on that page ........

but .........

i already having a code .........that code automatically fire on that perticular date and time which is already in one table....

ID                    date                time               value

c1                   10/4/09            09:40               Null

c2                   11/5/09            10:10               Null

above table value store by user using any page now on coming that date and time....

value of that field update form Null to 1

Mayursinh B Rana
9898010015

Marking a Reply as 'Answered', not only GAIN us some POINTS, but it also HELP others to find RIGHT solution.
0
Mayursinh
4/10/2009 4:22:39 PM

Mayursinh:

khan i know that how to insert data .....also

all about on that page ........

but .........

i already having a code .........that code automatically fire on that perticular date and time which is already in one table....

ID                    date                time               value

c1                   10/4/09            09:40               Null

c2                   11/5/09            10:10               Null

above table value store by user using any page now on coming that date and time....

value of that field update form Null to 1

I did not get what you said above can you explain once again

MVP ASP/ASP.Net
MVP ASP/ASP.Net
mudassarkhan
4/10/2009 5:05:16 PM

sorry...

i am saying that i have code .....

but i don't know where to put it so it will fire on perticular date and time....

Mayursinh B Rana
9898010015

Marking a Reply as 'Answered', not only GAIN us some POINTS, but it also HELP others to find RIGHT solution.
0
Mayursinh
4/10/2009 6:58:11 PM

what you want to execute at a particular time

where is the data coming from?

where you want to store?

so that i can suggest accordingly

MVP ASP/ASP.Net
MVP ASP/ASP.Net
mudassarkhan
4/10/2009 7:01:29 PM

{

// code which fetch the date and time from the database table

// code.......which update database table's one field .......

}

above is one code block.......now

i want to execute above code block at perticulary date and time which is already in database table.(date and time)...

so where i have to write this code block.......

there is no any aspx page is open.......

""""

“Suppose one user open one website in that he set the date and time for sending the automatic mail on entered date(this data insert in one table).. now user close the website but mail must be sent on that entered date……..how it is possible”

Mayursinh B Rana
9898010015

Marking a Reply as 'Answered', not only GAIN us some POINTS, but it also HELP others to find RIGHT solution.
0
Mayursinh
4/10/2009 7:20:10 PM

Mayursinh:
Suppose one user open one website in that he set the date and time for sending the automatic mail on entered date(this data insert in one table).. now user close the website but mail must be sent on that entered date……..how it is possible”

Its is using SQL Server job you can schedulw the job on the frequency you want and also set the time it will run

Also you can send emails from sql server datbase itself

refer my article

http://www.aspsnippets.com/post/2009/03/08/Automated-Email-Notifications-using-SQL-Server-Job-Schedular.aspx

MVP ASP/ASP.Net
MVP ASP/ASP.Net
mudassarkhan

Date entered...add time value to make date/time field
Windows XP Professional InfoMaker v 9.0.2 Build 7509 Our database contains a date/time stamp for when a specific activity happens to each shipment. I would like the users to be able to simply enter a date for a specific work day. I need to get a list of shipments where the time of one activity occurred on the entered date prior to 9:20. How can I create a computed field that will basically concatenate/amend the entered date with 9:20 that will later be used for criteria in returning rows? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! Rita Palazzi Senior Engineer /...

Update Only the Time in a date time field
Hi,i have a table having a datatime field and on a datagrid I need only to display and update the time part. I'm using select CONVERT(CHAR(8), JobStartTime, 8) AS StartTime from table to get the date. What is  the best way to write the update command . What woul dbe the best approch.   Regards, Vijay  1. Instate of doing formatting in the SQL, Try to do that is the DataGrid with FormatString. 2. To Update the Database , you can do that in two ways.    a. Either go for Store Procudure. Send the TIME you want to set for record. Your SP should some ...

After adding a date field in a web form update gives error
Hi I have a web form which is a part of asp.net application. This process updates a row of a table. This works fine. However, I needed to update a DueDate field. So I added the DueDate field in the form and changed the stored procedure and the corresponding code in asp.net. Now the update does not work. I am getting the following error message: @poduedate is not a parameter for procedure prr_out_projsearch_update1.  The following is the code for stored procedure: alter proc prr_out_projsearch_update1 @prr_id int,@changes_required bit,@NeedUpdate bit = 1,@datecompleted datetime ...

Submitting Web forms fields to sql database by clicking on SUBMIT FORM and sending the form fields to email box
I have a created or designed a form to be stored in a SQL database table and at the same time when a user clicks on SUBMIT button the form fields will automatically goto the visitor email address immediately. Also i have created a database with tables for each of this forms Pls help i have over 10 forms designed but the problem of submitting them to the table database and the user email address is the challenge now.... You ned to familiarise yourself with the basics of database access in ASP.NET.  There are free tutuorials here: http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/da...

Validate date field, and time field
I've got a form with 2 textboxes 1 for a date, the validator needs to check if he has this kind of imput: dd-MM-yyyy1 for the time, this one needs to check if he has this kind of imput: MM:HH But how can i do that?  You can either write a custom validator or you can use the AjaxControlToolkit MaskedEdit control:http://www.asp.net/AJAX/AjaxControlToolkit/Samples/MaskedEdit/MaskedEdit.aspx I just used them in my last project and they did the job they needed to. I was a bit reserved about the way it works when you replace characters but I decided in normal use this wouldn...

remove time part from a date/time field value
How does one remove or avoid the time part from a date/time field value. For example store 12/12/2006 instead of 12/12/2006 12:00:00 Am --------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- You can use one of the appropriate Standard DateTime Format Strings such as d or D.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! You should be able to use DateTime dt = DateTime.Now dt.ToString("d")  //this will format as short date time FYI: If you want to do it at the query ...

Converting Date field and Time field to DateTime
D2007 We are converting data for a new customer. The old data has a field for 'updt-dt' which is a Date field. The old data has a field for 'updt-tm' which is an Integer field. We need to combine to have a DateTimeStamp. var OldDate, OldTime : TDateTime; looping FieldNameFrom := 'updt-dt'; FieldNameFrom2 := 'updt-tm'; if (not FieldByName(FieldNameFrom).IsNull) and (not FieldByName(FieldNameFrom2).IsNull) then begin Day := 0; Month := 0; Year := 0; ...

Updating a table field with a computed field value
In a datawindow, how do I update a field in a table with the value from a computed field ? Thank you. Joe Thank you very much. That's the answer I was looking for. Joe Ippolito In updatestart , or in update button, you can use getitem() and setitem() functions to get the value and set it in field. You can't achieve this directly in datawindow. hth -- Mahendra Dhamdhere Unicef, New York Email:mahendrad@hotmail.com Joseph Ippolito wrote: > In a datawindow, how do I update a field in a table with the value > from a > computed field ? Thank ...

DetailsView: conditionally hide field if value == null, but can't update the value of other fields
Hi, I need help please. I have made some fields hidden if their value is null by setting visible to false on the DetailsView1_Itemcreated event. I put the field's to the DataKeyNames, so that I can check the value is null or not when detailsview is at the readOnly mode.But, when I tried to edit, it throws an error: must declare a scalar for @...  so, i add some code in the DetailsView1_ItemUpdating: e.newValues["color"] = null; then the error is gone. but, the values for other fields are not updated. I already check the e.newValues["other fields"] , they all are ...

Adding future date to Datepicker form field field
Hello I have question about how to add correctly future date to date field. I noticed, that I can easily add current time with: var d=new Date(); form.setValues(targetfield1, form.dateToString(d)); But when I am trying to form expiration date for example 10 years from this day: expirationdate.setYear(expirationdate.getYear()+10); form.setValues(targetfield2, form.dateToString(expirationdate)); With IE It gives me correct date to datepicker field - Great - (I though that I am great java script guru)... 11/27/2017 BUT when date value has been saved to eDirectory - it is ...

just Time or date portion of a date/time field

Updating database date field results in date value of "01/01/1900"
Brand new to this, so please bear with me.I'm using the following code fragment to update a datetime field on a SQL Server 2005 database table:cmd.CommandText = "Update Projects Set EntryDate = " & Convert.ToDateTime(txtEntryDate.Text)cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()The result of the update operation is the the database field contains the value "1900-01-01 00:00:00:000".  This probably means that I passed nulls to SQL; however, I see a valid date in the txtEntryDate field on my web form (i.e., "06/18/2007").  I also did a "Response.write" t...

HT do a simple field update based on value in another field...
All- Please help with what must be a simple SQL INSERT solution (VB please): Supposing I have detailsview that is the interface for a table that has at least these fields: record_id (smallint, autofilled by db)some_boolean (int)id_copy (smallint) Of these fields, the user is prompted only for a value for the some_boolean field. The functionality I'm looking for: If the user sets some_boolean to true (eg, checking a checkbox) and then clicks Submit, I would like SQL INSERT to copy the record_id that is assigned to the record to the id_copy field. If some_boolean ...

DATE field to DATE/TIME
Hello, If the field is defined as a DATE and you do: select datefield+1 from mytable Does the ODBC API (actually ASA 9.02 backend) return a field that is DATETIME or a DATE field? It is messing up my compiled application and seems to be coming back as DATETIME. Thank you. -Robert You are correct, the value is being returned as a TIMESTAMP. You can verify this through using the EXPRTYPE() builtin function, as in select exprtype('select datefield+1 from mytable', 1) from dummy which will return TIMESTAMP. Exprtype is documented in the help. You alm...

Web resources about - Update field field value at specified date and time.... - asp.net.web-forms

Donald Trump Continues To Lead The Race Nationally: Latest Poll Shows GOP Nomination Is Trump’s To Lose ...
If there is one man who would come out smiling after viewing the latest Fox News poll results, it will be Donald Trump. The Republican front-runner ...

Wounded Philadelphia officer shoots attacker; suspect pledges allegiance to ISIS
CNN Wounded Philadelphia officer shoots attacker; suspect pledges allegiance to ISIS CNN (CNN) At a crosswalk in Philadelphia, a man dressed ...

CES 2016: Fashion meets function in smartwatches, fitness trackers and other wearables
Everything from smartwatches, to connected bracelets, tech accessories and athletic wear are getting a fashion boost as manufacturers try to ...

There's a huge flaw in Kim Kardashian's emoji app that lets people use them for free
In December 2015, Kim Kardashian released an app featuring cartoon emoji-style depictions of herself and commonly used Kardashian phrases. The ...

NFL talking to Apple and Google about streaming London games
The NFL's streaming test of a London game between the Lions and Chiefs went rather smashingly last year, so it's planning on doing even more ...

What Didn’t Make It Into The Force Awakens
While it may be an exaggeration to say the The Force Awakens was thirty years in the making, it was a long and involved process, beginning the ...

‘El Chapo’ Captured in Bloody Raid in Mexico; Will Return to Same Prison He Escaped From
After six months on the run, Mexican drug kingpin Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman will return to the same maximum security prison he escaped from last ...

North Korea says South’s propaganda broadcasts can push rivals to brink of war
South Korea's loudspeaker broadcasts aimed at North Korea push the rivals to the "brink of war," a top North Korean official has told a propaganda ...

Golden Globes weekend kicks off with Chateau Marmont bash
Guests included Brie Larson, Rami Malek, Cate Blanchett and Helen Mirren.

Robust Hiring in December Caps Solid Year for U.S. Jobs
As the economy added 292,000 jobs last month, the question is whether overall growth will remain strong enough to keep hiring steady.