Unable to serialize the session state. In 'StateServer' and 'SQLServer' mode, ASP.NET will serialize the session state objects.

Hi,

I get the following error in ASP.NET 2.0 using SQL Server for sessionstate:

Unable to serialize the session state. In 'StateServer' and 'SQLServer' mode, ASP.NET will serialize the session state objects, and as a result non-serializable objects or MarshalByRef objects are not permitted. The same restriction applies if similar serialization is done by the custom session state store in 'Custom' mode.

What I am doing is:

1) I have an object marked as [Serializable] which is passed into a ArrayList.

2) The ArrayList is past of a codebehind partial class (also maked as serializable) that essentially calls a method that goes and populates the Arraylist with the serializable objects.

3) I am using SQL Server as my session mode and I have configured my web.config for this mode.

However I am getting the error above can anyone please provide input.

glabana

Ok it seems that that my references between local Visual Studio 2005 and Safesource 2005  were contineously pointing to a old DLL. After a reboot and deleteing the local copy of the solution and then doing a get latest resolved the issue.
0
glabana

Unable to serialize the session state. Please note that non-serializable objects or MarshalByRef objects are not permitted when session state mode is 'StateServer' or 'SQLServer'
 Hi,We are trying to implement Network loading for our asp.net (1.1) application for which we are storing the session in State Server.Following is the error is thrown while page is rendered when ever is a DTO is stored in to SEssion in any of the page.Unable to serialize the session state. Please note that non-serializable objects or MarshalByRef objects are not permitted when session state mode is 'StateServer' or 'SQLServer' Following the code I written for DTO (C# Asp.net 1.1).     using System;    using System.Runtime.Serializa...

Unable to serialize the session state. In 'StateServer' and 'SQLServer' mode.
Hi Every one,First of all thank you everyone.Please help me to figure out this problem. I am building shopping cart in my global.asax (snippet),   <script runat="server">    void Application_Start(object sender, EventArgs e)     {        Application.Clear();     }        void Application_End(object sender, EventArgs e)     {        Application.Clear();        Session.Ab...

Unable to serialize the session state. In 'StateServer' and 'SQLServer' mode...
 Dear Fellows, I am having a problem in my asp.net applicationi made a online testing system, This system is running Fine on my local VS and also in local IIS (While Using Web MS SQL Server)But when I host this web site it gives me the error when i try to add an object in session[] Error Is - SETS is the name of my visual Directory Server Error in '/sets' Application.Unable to serialize the session state. In 'StateServer' and 'SQLServer' mode, ASP.NET will serialize the session state objects, and as a result non-serializable objects or MarshalByRef ob...

Unable to serialize the session state. In 'StateServer' and 'SQLServer' mode
i got this error... anyone encountered this yet? Server Error in '/MainLogin' Application. Unable to serialize the session state. In 'StateServer' and 'SQLServer' mode, ASP.NET will serialize the session state objects, and as a result non-serializable objects or MarshalByRef objects are not permitted. The same restriction applies if similar serialization is done by the custom session state store in 'Custom' mode. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for mor...

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

'''

'System.Web.HttpContext.Session' is a 'property' but is used like a 'method
Hello, I'm trying to set my sessions into a class so I can set and access it easily. I get a 'System.Web.HttpContext.Session' is a 'property' but is used like a 'method' error, can you see what's wrong with my code ?  Thanks  public class SessionManager    {                public static bool isLogged        {            get        &nb...

'or' or 'union'

'b'..'a'

'IN' Clause or 'OR'
Hello, [1]: select * from TABLEA where COL1 IN('value1','value2''valu3'....) [2]:select * from TABLEA where COL1 = 'value1' OR COL1= 'value2' OR COL1='valu3'. TABLEA is a huge table and it has non-clustered index on COL1. Among the above 2 queries, which query will give me the better performance or fast response and WHY? What is the difference between 'IN' and 'OR' clauses as for as Sybase Optimization is concerned. Which is the better one to be used on huge tables. Thanks. Mac An IN list is treated ...

Unable to find an entry point named 'Add' in DLL 'CPPDLL.dll'. while running a c#.net web application
  I have created a small web application using c#.net that calls a function from a dll file created in c++ the following are the files that i have used to create a dll file.. //CPPDLL.cpp file #include “stdafx.h” #include “CPPDLL.h” #include using namespace std; namespace CPPDLL { double Class1::Add(double a, double b) { return a + b; } } //CPPDLL.h file #pragma once using namespace System; namespace CPPDLL { public class Class1 { // TODO: Add your methods for this class here. public: static __declspec(dllexport) double Add(double a...

Argument '1': cannot convert from 'object' to 'int'
 I am calling a function from a label control in my gridview.. <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text='<%# ShowCategoriesForPID(Eval("pol_id")) %>'/> But i get following error when i compile -error CS1503: Argument '1': cannot convert from 'object' to 'int'  pol_id is an integer value and my function receives it as an integer argument.  I dont know whats wrong? The "Eval" function returns an object. To need to cast it's result: <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="s...

Web resources about - Unable to serialize the session state. In 'StateServer' and 'SQLServer' mode, ASP.NET will serialize the session state objects. - asp.net.web-forms