Try catch in web form

Hi

I have a try catch in a (web form) method..now I want to implement a finally and in this check if there are any exceptions thrown .. if yes I have to do some processing in the finally block.

 My question is how can I check in Finally if there are any exceptions been thrown at all .

pzmrcd

Exceptions that are thrown will be caught in the catch block, so that is where you will process your exceptions. Finally is used for things such as closing database connections and disposing of objects.

Ryan Olshan
ASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET
http://ryanolshan.com

How to ask a question
0
StrongTypes
12/28/2005 1:07:40 AM
StrongTypes has got it right. The catch block is where you deal with any thrown exceptions, the finally block is always run.

try {
    // Do some stuff that might throw an exception
}
catch (Exception e) {
    // Deal with an exception if one is thrown by the code in the try block
}
finally {
    // Do something that always needs to be done, no matter if there is an exception or not
}
0
jukes1
12/28/2005 1:50:44 AM

Yes I do understand that... I have to som something like this..

Try{

}

Catch(Exception e){

}

Finally{

..if no exceptions raised ( smooth flow)

do something

   try{

         obj.Dispose

      }

   catch(exp e){

   }

}

0
pzmrcd
12/28/2005 2:11:16 AM
Normally you would handle this like:

try {
    object obj = new object(); // throws NewException
    obj.DoStuff();   // throws DoStuffException

    // if you get here you know there haven't been any exceptions yet
    obj.Dispose();   // throws DisposeException
}
catch (NewException ne) {
}
catch (DoStuffException ds) {
}
catch (DisposeException de) {
}

See http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/dszsf989.aspx for Microsoft's try-catch-finally documentation.
0
jukes1
12/28/2005 11:59:07 AM

Hi

A quick question..any advice as to how to create a DisposeException.

pzmrcd
12/28/2005 4:42:30 PM
You just inherit from System.Exception

Most object frameworks come with their own set of exceptions. If you are actually coding your own object, you can just use any of the predefined exception classes that come in the System namespace.

Common exceptions are:

System.ArithmeticException - This is the base class for exceptions that occur during arithmetic operations, such as System.DivideByZeroException and System.OverflowException.

System.ArrayTypeMismatchException - ArrayTypeMismatchException is thrown when a an incompatible object is attpemted to store into an Array.

System.DivideByZeroException - This exception is thrown when an attempt to divide a number by zero.

System.IndexOutOfRangeException - IndexOutOfRangeException is thrown when attempted to access an array using an index that is less than zero or outside the bounds of the array.

System.InvalidCastException - Thrown when an explicit type conversion from a base type or interface to a derived type fails at run time.

System.NullReferenceException - This exception is thrown when an object is accessed but it is null.

System.OutOfMemoryException - OutOfMemoryException is thrown if the 'new' operation (creating new object) fails due to in sufficient memory.

System.OverflowException - OverflowException is thrown when an arithmetic operation overflows.

System.StackOverflowException - StackOverflowException is thrown when the execution stack is exhausted by having too many pending method calls, most probably due to infinite loop.

ArgumentException - The exception that is thrown when one of the arguments provided to a method is not valid.

Luke
0
jukes1

Web forms and mobile web forms

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Include web form inside web form

Strange output in web form after web form is displayed.
   I have been using a web user control for over a week now with no problems. I am now getting strange output in my web form after my controls display on the page. Below is the strange output. Can anyone tell me what is wrong here? Note I did not include it all because it is quite large.   Request Details Session Id: l5b5vkazucfatba4oliaw1vi Request Type: POST Time of Request: 9/10/2007 4:59:59 PM Status Code: 200 Request Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Response Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8) Trace Information Category Message From First(s) F...

Hello, I have a principal form with a list of information. From this form, I go on an edit forms and I want to control what is done on this form. For this, I want to block the button Windows back on my edit form. Somebody can help me ? Thank you for your help.  Jy. set the Session Variable (with your ID or whatever ) in the Principal Form when user click on Edit then put the One Back Button on your edit form and Redirect the page by using the Session variable value.Please Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet....

Web resources about - Try catch in web form - asp.net.web-forms

Extradition of El Chapo to US Is Neither Certain Nor Simple
IBNLive Extradition of El Chapo to US Is Neither Certain Nor Simple New York Times WASHINGTON — Back in 1995, a federal grand jury in San ...

With No Powerball Winners, Jackpot Grows to $1.3 Billion
The cash value for the next Powerball drawing could be worth $806 million.

Matthew McConaughey Expected To Shine In Upcoming Civil War Film ‘Free State Of Jones’
Matthew McConaughey will lead a rebellion against the Confederacy in his upcoming film Free State of Jones . In what appears to be a passionate ...

US B-52 flight ups ante in nuclear weapons dispute with North Korea
USA TODAY US B-52 flight ups ante in nuclear weapons dispute with North Korea USA TODAY TOKYO – U.S. officials responded to last week's reported ...

Suspect charged in shooting of Philadelphia policeman: prosecutor
(Reuters) - A man claiming allegiance to Islamic State militants was charged on Saturday with attempted murder in the shooting of a Philadelphia ...

Surprise: Obama actually does get things from State of the Union
Sacramento Bee Surprise: Obama actually does get things from State of the Union Sacramento Bee As he prepares for his final State of the Union ...

In Oregon standoff, local sheriff embraces the spectacle
Los Angeles Times In Oregon standoff, local sheriff embraces the spectacle Los Angeles Times When Harney County Sheriff David Ward met with ...

CES 2016 drew more than 170,000 attendees for tech’s biggest trade show
The Consumer Electronics Show drew more than 170,000 people to Las Vegas this week to view more than 2.47 million square feet of exhibits. The ...

Bernie Sanders’ Projected Lead In New Hampshire And Iowa Creating A Chink In Clinton’s Armor
Bernie Sanders’ projected lead in the latest Fox News polls is clearly bringing about a chink in Hillary Clinton’s armor. From the very beginning, ...