Table in Table Dynamically?

Hi

First a note of thanks to many - ~Rick in particular - for the help earlier given.
I have a table in which I can add rows and columns. It is fine. Now I want to add a second table as a row to the first table with code. How does this work?
I tried creating second table and created rows in second table with cells (No problems).
Now how do I add the second table to first one (adding in the additional row) with code? I tried the following.
Table my2Table = CreateTable2(); // This routine creates table 2. No errors and works fine.
Table1.Rows.Add((TableRow)(my2Table)) // Error - cannot convert table to row :-(
In short what I need is this - adding a table as a row to another table. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.
0
HelpWanted

Tables?! Why Tables?!
Bit random...but why does everything have to be rendered as a table?  It's starting to get quite annoying.  Formview - does this need to be a table?  the Menu??  Wouldn't it make sense to allow the option to...say...not render a Menu as a table?  Am I the only one that thinks this or are there others?  www.internetgeeks.co.ukwww.norwichbookclub.co.uk You can use CSS Adapters to create your own adapters to override how the controls render it self. In the next version of ASP.Net, you will probably have more flexibility to specify the surrounding elements of th...

From Table to Table
I am working in Delphi 4 and ran into a roadblock I am unfamiliar with. I am trying to search and find values in one table based off of matching values in another. For example a table of objects with fields like name, description, type, ect; and a table of object properties in which each object can be represented multiple times based on the settings on the page at the time. So if i search the object property table (and eventually loop through to repeat for all objects) to find all cases of visible objects when a certain criteria is met. It stops on the first object with "Yes" in th...

Showing data in a dynamic table with the help of a dynamic table
   Hi Friends,I've a DataReader which fetches records.I'm able to show the records in a gridview but my problem is how to show the records in a  dynamic table?  I was doing it in following way...........   Sub gvBind(ByVal ToDate As Date, ByVal FromDate As Date)MyConn = New SqlConnection(System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings(strConn))  MySqlCom = New SqlCommand("ADMsp_Fetch_DailySales", MyConn) MySqlCom.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure MySqlCom.CommandTimeout = 1000MySqlCom.Parameters.Add("@todate", S...

Dynamic Web Forms, save data like aspnet_profile table
Hi, My needs are like follow. Im building a web intranet and need to create many web forms for diffirent all business unit of the company. But, since i will have many web forms (each web forms will have diffirent fields) to create and to save each controls values. I was thinking if i could use the same approach as the aspnet_Profile table. One column to save the "Param_Name" and the second column to save the "Param_Value" with the form name in a third column. One forms for one row in the table Like so, i will be able to create as many support requ...

HTML Table or Web Control Table?
Hi, I am wondering what is the purpose of using Table web control? It seems to me kind of hard to just drag and drop a textbox or other web controls in the table ... unlike HTML table, we can drag a web controls and just drop it inside the HTML table cell ...? Is there any good tutorial for just how to use the Table control?? There is Microsoft tutorial for table control, is there any others site? I assume you are talking about a data control such as a data grid, data list, or repeater. Try these artciles.... http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/052103-1.aspx http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbcon/html/vbtskaddingboundcolumnstodatagridwebcontrol.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbcon/html/vbtskaddingbuttoncolumnstodatagridwebcontrol.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbcon/html/vbtskaddinghyperlinkcolumnstodatagridwebcontrol.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbcon/html/vbtskaddingtemplatecolumntodatagridwebcontrol.aspChris Gastin SCJP 1.4, SCWCD J2EE http://www.chrisgastin.com/blog BLOG: The Trek of a Java Developer Learning .NET No ... I am talking about the <table> in HTML and <asp:Table> in web controls. oops my mistake...... have you tried msdn http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfsystemwebuiwebcontrolstableclasstopic.asp This is not a tut...

Web forms and table.
I have currently made a Registration site where I want users to registrer. The registration site has Textboxes and Submit and Reset buttons. How can I do so when the users press Submit after typing in information in the Textboxes. This will send the information from the Textboxes to the table (wich I have created), and then send the user an "Welcome" e-mail (getting the e-mail address from the e-mail field.".Please help. To send email, you can use System.Net.Mail namespace ( in .net 2.0 ) or System.Web.Mail namespace ( in .net 1.0 ), here is the example to send email (copied from MSDN): u...

Dynamic table generation by JavaScript, Accessing row and data of dynamic table in C# code

alter table of table A causes trigger on table B accesseng table A to fail
hi, i recently faced a strange problem, i have two tables, table A and table B table A has a update trigger which updates data in table B. i altered table B to add two more columns. after which when i updated table A(modifying 1 row), my tran log got full. there was a threshold proc which got fired but it did'nt help much. i though the tables had been corrupted. ran dbcc tablealloc on syslogs, table A, table B, no errors. Just to be sure I ran a dbcc checkdb, checkalloc and checkcatalog - no errors i recreated the trigger - no use. dropped the trigger. updated the table it ...

Create dynamic form and form controls inside a table at runtime
I'm migrating a Classic ASP application.  The application migration is supposed to keep the same look and feel of the existing application.  I.E. as we roll out parts of the application the user has no idea that we've made any changes.  The basic direction is "Change it, but we don't want to see it change in any way." The User Control is a datagrid on steroids and then some.  It extends the basic datagrid concept with much more functionality.  We went this route because the basic premise is to maintain the existing look and feel.  For exam...

Multiple Tables to a Single Dynamic Pivoted Table
I’m Really stuck… I need to pivot a dynamic table. In my DB I have the following: tbltransactions TransactionId Call UserId Status tblFields FieldId Name Value FieldTypeId TransactionId (Links to TransactionId) tblTransactionFields transactionFieldId Value FieldId (Links to FieldID) TransactionId (Links to TransactionId) I need out one table: TransactionId – Call – UserId – Status – Fieldid(1) – FieldId(2) – FieldId(3) – FieldId(4) ……………… There may not be a field available i.e. fielded(15) may not exist as there was no data, yet fielded(16) may exist… Column Names need to be the ...

Create html table dynamically in a html table
I need create a html table with 2 rows and in first row contains 1 html table.How do I create this tables dynamically.example:<TABLE>  <TR>    <TABLE>      <TD>Primeira Coluna - Primeira Linha</TD>      <TD>Segunda Coluna - Primeira Linha</TD>    </TABLE>  </TR>  <TR>    <TD>Primeira Coluna - Segunda Linha</TD>    <TD>Segunda Coluna - Segunda Linha</TD>    <TD>Login</...

Clear User from Table on Web Page close in vb.net web project.
Hi All, I tried to place some code on sessiopn end which seems to be not working. http://212.24.225.146/SessionTest/Default.aspx Above url is recording session and code is: If Not IsPostBack = True Then Session("UserSession") = Session.SessionID Dim con As SqlConnection Dim cmdUpdate As SqlCommand Dim strupdate As String Dim dtread As SqlDataReader Dim updated_records As Integer con = New SqlConnection(db_connection) strupdate = "INSERT T...

Creating a Web Form with a multiple data tables in Visual Web Developer 2005
I just realized that I have posted this question in one of the other forums and I think it belongs in this one.I am trying to create a form where users can enter new Title information, the title header information is being stored in a table called Books. In addition to the information stored in Books I have another table called Subjects the Subjects table has the BookID in it as a foreign key, each book can have multiple subjects. Tables Books - BookID (varchar50) Primary Key - Title (varchar50) Subjects - iSubjectID (int) Primary Key auto-increment - BookID (varc...

grant alter table, drop table, truncate table
Granting Object Permissions I'm looking for a possibility to grant alter table, drop table and truncate table to a user or a group who is not the owner of that table. Also I don't want to give this user or group the sa or sso role. Does someone know a possible solution? Joerg Armbruster jarmbruster@quoka.com This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------858C4374005D95B10660EFB9 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit Joerg, You can not grant these permissions to anyone other thanin the case of alter table ...

How to insert into two tables at (Master table and Detail table)
I was hoping that the asp.net/learn/dataaccess would have had a tutorial for inserting into a MasterRecord and DetailRecord.  I have a page that I am working on that is a Reciepe. The Master Record has details such as customer, mix name, create date. The Detail Records has Ingredient Name, Ingredient Amount, etc. I have been following the DAL and BLL concept of the asp.net/learn/dataccess tutorials. Does anyone know of an example that I can follow of setting up two tables and inserting into two tables from the same Button_click event. Thanks, John Hi jfeeney, You just need to reme...

The same table (Table) cannot be the child table in two nested relations.
Hi, I"m getting this error when trying to load an XML document from a third party. I don't have the option of asking them to rename anything. Here's what i'm trying to accomplish. DataSet _ds = new DataSet(); _ds.ReadXml(URL, XmlReadMode.InferSchema); I tried InferSchema, IgnoreSchema and, of course, Auto. I got the same error w/ Infer as Auto (above). With Ignore, I got an empty DataSet. Please help!!! Thanks, kyle.kyleRochehttp://www.kyleroche.com Get that url, and dump it to the browser. It seems like it's not meant to be loaded into a dataset. Or it's...

copying from table to table
I would like to copy the contents of one column in a table to another table. However, the first column of type double while the column it is being copied to is a varchar. Any ideas? Let's talk about the ideal situation. If the first table is 1 column and you can just blatently update the other table with the value, create a pipeline from the numberic table/column to the character table/column. Go to the SQL pane and change the SELECT "number_table"."anum" FROM "number_table" To SELECT string("number_table".&quo...

What is the difference between #table and ##table
If i create a ##table using my stored procedure, I can do the select * from ##table but when i created the #table using the stored procedure and tried to do the select * from #table I am getting the error message invalid object #table that means it is going out of scope. But if i create the ##table, will that table going to remain in the database even until i drop the ##table or it gets dropped when i close the database connection. Thank you very much. -Raj There are two types of temporary tables: Local temporary tables The names of these tables begin with one n...

Create Dynamic Table and Insert values to it from existing table
Hi Guys,  Need some help with the sql statement for this one. I want to create a dynamic table and then after that I will insert data into that created table from an existing table. It's like making a back up of a certain table on my database. I really appreciate any help from you guys. Thanks. select * into <DestinationTableName> from <SourceTableName>The above query will create a new table with the name specified as <DestinationTableName> and populate the data from the <SourceTableName> in it.The ideal way of doing this would be to:First create a t...

table = table object
hi, how to copy the all rows of a table to temporary table using javascript i have tried like this but it's not working ex:document.getelementbyId('tmpTable')=document.getelementbyId('baseTable'); is there any way to do this..?? thanks... icanmakeiteasy put both tables in 2 divs and do div1.innerHTML = div2.innerHTML;MAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP ASP/ASP.NetASP.Net Hosting : Host DepotMy Site : ASPSnippets i have tried that tooo... not workingicanmakeiteasy you are doing right. just change thisvar tempTable ;tempTable=document.gete...

Difference between #table and # # Table?
If i create a ##table using my stored procedure, I can do the select * from ##table but when i created the #table using the stored procedure and tried to do the select * from #table I am getting the error message invalid object #table that means it is going out of scope. But if i create the ##table, will that table going to remain in the database even until i drop the ##table or it gets dropped when i close the database connection. Thank you very much. -Raj From SQL Server Books OnLine: There are two types of temporary tables: Local temporary tables Th...

Table name as sp parameter for dynamically table creating
Hi! I need to create table dynamically. But I don't exact name of it, it depends on some conditions. Tip me please how can I do it with ASA 5.5? Thank you. I suppose to pass this name in stored procedure as parameter. Is it possible and if so should I do for it? "Nicolay A. Vasiliev" <nvasiliev@apatit.com> wrote in message news:3C5E3652.1060106@apatit.com... > I need to create table dynamically. But I don't exact name of it, it > depends on some conditions. > > Tip me please how can I do it with ASA 5.5? The EXECUTE IMEDIATE comm...

Table in the Div table
I have a table in the div and iam adding roows in the table on the fly using javascript.I set the behavior of Div to overflow=autoheight=100%width=100% but in my page when i am adding the rows on the fly scrollbar come on while of the page while i want that scrollbar comes in the div when tabel content overflow out of the page.so i set the width to 650px  now scrollbar comes when there is a overflow but the row in the table comes by autifit nature ie if ther is only two row then there is a huge gap between them while expextec behavior is they come one by one with same row height .Nothi...

HTML Table in Table?
Hi All Could I build a HTML table in a HTML table with the outlook of the inner table is one of the cell of the outer table? It is because I found my inner table always smaller than the cell of the TD. What I want to do is the inner table to 100% fill all the td of the outer table? Regards Alex  Hi hnchanyou can easily do it. Pardon for my suggestion, but if you want to do it dynamically then you can use HTMLTable, HTMLTableRow, HTMLTableCell classes to build your table at run time. and easily add cell to your row by simply row.Add method and same for adding table to row.hope...

Web resources about - Table in Table Dynamically? - asp.net.web-forms