Tab Order Out Of Order

I have a web page with 3 textboxes. I want them to tab from the top one to the middle and then to the bottom one. I have tried acheiving this two ways.

Firstly in the properties pane I set the tab index to 0 for the first, 1 for the second and 2 for the last textbox. When I run the code the focus starts on the first textbox then it jumps to the address box of internet explorer itself and then to the third textbox and finally to second textbox. Not quite what I had in mind.
Secondly I tried putting this code in the Page_Load:

TxtName.TabIndex = 0
TxtEmail.TabIndex = 1
txtMessage.TabIndex = 2
Dim strScript As String
strScript = "<script language=javascript> document.all('TxtName').focus() </script>"
RegisterStartupScript("focus", strScript)
End Sub

The results were the same as the first approach. I don't understand why this is happening.
Has anyone got any ideas please?
Thanks, Dave.
0
bigredhf

TRy setting the indexes 1,2,3 instead of 0,1,2

Hope that Helps,
Vinit
Vinit Nagda
"Try not to become a man of success but rather a man of value"
0
vinitnagda
1/5/2005 12:23:11 AM
That works a treat Vinit, thanks a lot.
0
bigredhf

Tab Order not working on my web forms
Hi there My Tab Order on my asp.net web forms are not working, I have the Tabindex setup on all the text boxes. Some how when I tab it jumps to a hyperlink and then when I tab again thats when it works. Please help set the hyperlink index to 0, or to a higher number. ~ Knute~ Mike Can you explain what you mean? My taborder is also jumping to the addressbar of the browser sometimes and I cannot get rid of it. ...

ORDER BY on an ORDER BY
I have a huge SQL-statement that picks the top 10 recently added rows from a table, for simplicity something like this:SELECT TOP 10  someDate, username FROM table ORDER BY someDate DESCWhen I have this table with the 10 rows with latest someDate  I want to sort the table by username instead. I want to do something like this:SELECT *FROM  (SELECT TOP 10  someDate, username FROM table ORDER BY someDate DESC) As Expr1ORDER BY username DESCMicrosoft Access, which is the database I use, then prints the error message "Error in GROUP BY clause.Unable to parse query text.&q...

ORDER BY wrong order
Hi there, select DateRevised, TimeRevised, OrdModalityId from usr.OrdModality where DateRevised = '2004-04-07' and TransportUnitId = 67 order by TransportUNitid, daterevised asc,timerevised asc; Sorry pressed the wrong key.... See next post. "Majodi Ploegmakers" <nospam_mploegmakers@inforit.nl> wrote in message news:4075718b$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi there, > > > > select DateRevised, TimeRevised, OrdModalityId > > from usr.OrdModality > > where DateRevised = '2004-04-07' and TransportUnitId = 67 ...

Defining the tab order in a form
We've created a custom form using infomaker - and want to specify the order in which a user will click on the columns. (The front end software is tessitura, and the back is sql server 2005). According to the manual - When InfoMaker generates the basic form, it assigns controls (including data columns) to a default tab order, the default sequence in which focus moves from control to control when you press the tab key when running the form. InfoMaker assigns tab values in increments of 1,0 in left-to-right and top-tobottom order. There is more information on pages 552 and 5...

ORDER BY incorrect order
Hi there, We get the wrong result (wrong order) for the following query: select DateRevised, TimeRevised, OrdModalityId from usr.OrdModality where DateRevised = '2004-04-07' and TransportUnitId = 67 order by daterevised asc,timerevised asc; The query uses an index on TransportUnitId, Daterevised, Timerevised We can correct this wrong behaviour either by appending ,* in the select statement OR by using TransportUnitId in the Order By exactly as the index. But why should this be necessary? Thanks, Majodi "Majodi Ploegmakers" <nospam_mploegmakers@...

Order / Order Items
Hi,I am trying to implement this concept in ASP.NET 2.0 in the best possible way.I have an Order and Order Items.I want to have a page where the user enters in some information about the order.. - Date - Customer Name - Shipping AddressAnd then they add some items to the order... (it can contain many) - Product Name - QTYI have tried to implement this using a FormView with a nested Grid View but I cannot get it to work. Then click create order, however I cannot get this to work, my question to you is how would you implement this concept in ASP.net on a single pa...

Tab Order on Web DataWindows
Help.... I set the tab order for a web datawindow in the hopes that it would be applied on the web page and it still just seems to jump randomly from columns on the dw to other objects on the page. I have also set tab indexes on the .Net side as well. Can anybody apply any reason to get everything in sync? TIA Mike On 22 Feb 2006 08:58:18 -0800, "Mike" <mike@hbmaynard.com> wrote: >Help.... > >I set the tab order for a web datawindow in the hopes that it would be >applied on the web page and it still just seems to jump randomly from ...

Tab Order not working on migrated forms
We migrated our forms from 5.0 to 7.0. I have a Master/Detail One to Many form with the Tab Order set to Zero on all Master fields and '10' on the detail. Updates allowed on the detail. There is one retrieval argument. When I run the form, the tab order acts like it's set to Zero on everything, not allowing updates. The weird thing is that when you enter a retrieval argument that returns no rows the first time, and then enter a valid retrieval argument on the second try, the tab order then works. Is this a bug in the version, or am I missing something? (If I create...

Tab Order Broken on Complex Forms
I have a form, which has an viewing view (Text boxes etc) and an edit view (TEdits, Combo's) and an edit button which switches between the two, which basically populates controls and sets the edit and view layouts visible. Pretty basic.. But the Tab order seems to kill itself, after trying to follow what happens in the FMX.Types unit, I see that the controls are removed from the TabList, but never added back again once they are visible. Does anyone have any suggestions on a fix for this.... I actually commented out the RemoveFromTabList and this preserved the expected order, but w...

Tab Order in a Form (Detail part)
I have the foll reqt. I need to set the TAB ORDER to ZERO in one of the columns of the detail part of my FORM. But such a feature is not being provided by IM. I tried the alternative of making it 'Display Only' but that led to the column not getting updated at all whereas I am updating that column with the database user id making changes to that record. Making the column INVISIBLE is a solution but not feasible as such since I need to show which record belongs to which user. Any other suggestions would be highly appreciated ..... TIA, Pranav If you don't...

Setting Tab order in a web part
hello all, I have a project that is using 3 webparts, my problem is I would like to set the tab order in the first webpart box. So when the page loads the first text box will have the cursor and then when the user hits the enter or tab key the cursor will go through that form only. is that possible.   Thanks in advance. Hi, You can set the TabIndex attribute in your webpart controls. For example:<INPUT TYPE="text" TABINDEX="1"> <INPUT TYPE="text" > <INPUT TYPE="text" TABINDEX="2"> <INPUT TYPE="submit&...

tab order on tab control
In PB 6.5 I have a tab control with three tab pages. On each page I have several objects -- buttons, datawindows and the like. How do I set the 'tab order' for the objects on any one page? When I choose Tab Order from the Design menu, the only object that seems to have a tab order (a number in red displays) is the entire tab control itself, rather than the objects on it. Yet clearly when the app is running you can tab around among the various objects. Thanks. right-click inside the tabpage and select Tab Order HTH, stephen "Rick Charnes" <rick.cha...

TABS, the order you switch between tabs
Name: Johan Hallgren Email: hallgrendotjohanatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: TABS, the order you switch between tabs Comments: Hi there you wonderful Firefox developers, I have been annoyed for quite a while now over that when you switch between tabs, having at least three tabs open, using the tab/Ctrl combo, and then release the keys, it should remember the last tab used and go to that one when you press tab/Ctrl, and not just go round and around through the open tabs in a circle. Most often you just want to switch between two of the tabs and it is very annoying...

Web resources about - Tab Order Out Of Order - asp.net.web-forms

Order - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Court order , made by a judge, e.g. a restraining order Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;additional ...

Chinese Leaders Order Immediate Rescue Following Massive Landslide
Chinese President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang have ordered immediate rescue efforts after a massive landslide hit an industrial park in ...

"In order to provide a better understanding of what Christ would have looked like, in 1998, Richard Neave ...
"To do so, he began examining the skulls of Semites from around Galilee in Northern Israel from the beginning of the first century....."

Military Order of the Purple Heart Salutes Lou Moshakos, Founder of LM Restaurants, Inc.
The Military Order of the Purple Heart salutes Carolina Ale House for their support of MOPH and all Veterans on Veterans Day.

​Judge orders N.J. "gay conversion" nonprofit to close
Jews Offering New Alternatives for Healing, known as JONAH, ordered to cease operations within 30 days

Brazil court orders phone companies to block WhatsApp message app
RIO DE JANEIRO, Dec 16- A Brazilian court on Wednesday ordered telecommunications providers to block all access to the WhatsApp phone-messaging ...

Minecraft: Story Mode Episode 4 trailer gathers the Order of the Stone
... Storm Finale," with the last episode in the season reserved for an unknown conflict to be introduced. The original five members of the Order ...

Taiwan firms obtain verification for OLED driver ICs from Samsung, but still awaiting orders
... have disclosed their OLED panel-use driver ICs already went through verification by Samsung's procurement unit, but they have not landed orders ...

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Now Available for Pre-Order on Google Play
Like all other blockbusters from this year, Google has been quick to list movie titles for pre-order on Google Play, which is what just happened ...