Showing and hiding Panels on the client side?

hello,

I have a couple of panels I am useing on a page to mimic a tab based navigation menu. I have been able to use linkbutton clicks to show and hide panels to simulate the tabs. Is it possible to do this on the client side rather than making trips back to the server? Is this similar to the UI validation controls that can validate input from either the client or server side, or would I have to write the script myself to accomplish this?
Thanks,
jigster...
0
jigster99

an asp:panel is just a <div> tag on the client-side. using view->source would have told you this.
RTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionally unreadable

Jason Brown - MVP, IIS
0
Atrax
3/15/2004 5:07:35 AM
I understand that...  Here is my basis for the question.  Given a text control, you can either have that text control validate on the server or client side depending on how you configure the properties for that control...  I was wondering if this was possible with the panels ?
0
jigster99
3/15/2004 1:02:40 PM
You can change visibility on client-side in javascript using the visiblity style attribute.

Ex.

document.getElementById("Panel1").style.visibility="hidden";
document.getElementById("Panel2").style.visibility="visible";

hope this helps.
0
jjmeyer

client side show and hide panel
I have several pages that I want to add some controlls that are normally not displayed. Say I have a datagrid and below the datagrid I add a panel. Just above the panel I have a link that executes some javascirpt to hide the span tag. In the panel I have a link that executes som js to hide the panel. All is working OK, but I want to have the panel hidden automatically when the page loads. I obviously can't use the visble propery of the panel since the html is never rendered to the client to be show. TIA, Craig p.s. my js is function HideAdminPanel() { if (document.getE...

Show/Hide Panel in Client Side
Hi. I have tow asp panels and tow html buttons to navigate between the panels.like this:document.getElementById('Panel1').style.display ='block'; document.getElementById('Panel2').style.display ='none';    the first button to show the first panel and hide the second panel . the second button had the opposite purpose. inside the panels there is asp controsl. every thing work good until I use postback  by any control in the panels,for example when I click an asp button in the panel evry panel return to the defaut style. I put this...

is there a way to do the action of hide/show panel control in the client side ?
hi.i have webform that has 4 panels in it, that i switch every time, to collect user input.my question:is there a way to hide/show the asp panel control ,in the client side only ? To show/hide panel in javascript: (pnlPrint is the id of the panel)To hidedocument.all.pnlPrint.style.display = "none"; To showdocument.all.pnlPrint.style.display = "inline"; ...

Client side show/hide div

Client Side Hide/Show with Validation
Here is my setup... <asp:RadioButtonList ID="rbl1" runat="server"> <asp:ListItem Text="Collect My Info" Value="0" /> <asp:ListItem Text="Skip This Step" Value="1" /></asp:RadioButtonList><asp:Panel ID="Info" runat="server"> <asp:TextBox ID="tb1" runat="server" /> <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="rfv1" runat="server" ControlToValidate="tb1" Text="Error :)" /></asp:Panel><asp:Panel ID="Skip" runat...

Showing Panels with client side script?
Hello I am working with Panels to build the effect of tabs on a couple pages. Can anyone explain to me how to configure the panels so that clicking buttons (or links) will allow a panel to become visible using client side script? I have this working currently, but trips are made back to the server to configure the visibility of the panels. If possible, I would like the buttons to show and hide the panels without going back to the server. Is this possible using native .Net functionality, or would I have to write the client side script myself? Thanks, Jigster as u can see that a...

Screen shot of client side web form
How can i capture the web form on the client machine? Thanks for any help!!! Alt-PrintScreen keyboard keys and then paste in word or outlook email.LolliDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped. I think that's the only way to do it for websites. Some people have written built-in screenshot capturing software when an exception occurs, but that's only for winforms as far as I know off. Jef Claes~~~~~~~~~~Visit my blog ...

web forms with client and server side controls??
Hi, I have a form that has client and server side controls. I have a problem in that any client controls (textbox) within the form runat="server" can not be accessed with client side code. Anyone got any ideas why and what work arounds are possible. Regards, Graham. once a form element is inside a <FORM> tag, you can no longer refer to it by its ID alone. you have to refer to it by formname.elementid or document.all.elementid. use document.getElementById(yourtextboxid) to get a ref to the element in the form. using this allows u to bypass the formn...

How do I have a web based Client Side Application in .net?
 Is there any way to do this in .net?  Have a Client Side Web Based Client Side application.  similar to Page Designers in VB6? Is it possible?  ORLets say your app was server side but the client lost network connection somehow how would you take the data in the form and resend it when the server came back?   Rico Rodriguez Doesn't really work like that. Most web applications are stateless, but with ASP.NET you can do things to help with that. If someone wanted to run ASP.NET on their client, they'd have to have IIS installed - something most u...

differences between server side asynchronous Web methods and client side asynchronous Web methods
Hi,   can anyone expalin what are the differences between server side asynchronous Web methods  and client side asynchronous Web methods in ASP.Net 2.0 ?   any best articles on serverside asynchronous Web methods  ?   Thanks,  hi, check this url, Server-Side Asynchronous Methods for ASP.NET, http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cpp/asyncws.aspx   Calling the Server-Side method asynchronously from Client Script, http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/dipenlama22/Callbacks07182006093320AM/Callbacks.aspx...

Showing or hiding controls using a client side script
This question might have ben asked number of times but my search did not yield a full answer to my question. I found some partial answers but I am sure a full well explained answer will satisfy me as a novice asp.net developer and people who are in the same boat as I am. I like to use a checkbox and based on the selection of the checkbox, I want to show or hide number of controls (mainly labels and text boxes but possible to include other controls in the future). I want to do that at the client side to avoid round-trip delays (hence I believe I have to run a client side java script). M...

Show/Hide Dynamically Generated Textboxes Client Side
 Hello, my problem is that i have a datagrid with a template column.  this column containts a drop down list, and a text box. when the page is loaded, i would like the text boxes to be hidden (there could be up to 75 individual textboxes depending on how many records the end user chooses to display at once), but they need to appear when a certain option is selected from the drop down list. i know how to make them visible and enabled when the option is selected, my problem is hiding them to begin with. since asp.net doesn't render the control to the browser i...

Web resources about - Showing and hiding Panels on the client side? - asp.net.web-forms

Look at Kendrick Lamar Cheesing So Hard as He Meets Barack Obama
God damn, that’s a smile. Here’s another. Read more...

Conan’s David Bowie Tribute is Hilarious and Heartwarming – WATCH
On last night’s Conan , host Conan O’Brien reflected on the passing of rock legend David Bowie by revisiting his many appearances on O’Brien’s ...

Popular VLC media player app arrives on the new Apple TV
After a false start late last month, VLC for Mobile has now arrived on the new Apple TV. VideoLAN officially announced the new Apple TV version ...

Oscar Isaac brought his girlfriend Elvira Lind to the Golden Globes, sorry
Here’s an interesting observation: Oscar Isaac is less shady about his love life than we’ve previously been led to believe. He’s certainly less ...

Watch: Family Killed in Ohio House Explosion
Investigators do not believe that a gas leak is to blame.

Oversold stocks rise for second straight day; China shares rise
USA TODAY Oversold stocks rise for second straight day; China shares rise USA TODAY After its worst battering to start a year ever, U.S. stocks ...

National Herald case: Court allows plea to summon govt documents
File the process fee for sending summons to the respective departments,” the magistrate ordered.

Microsoft Today Ends Support For Windows 8, Old Versions Of Internet Explorer
Microsoft’s push towards Windows 10 continues. Today, Microsoft is ending support for Windows 8, as well as older versions of its Internet Explorer ...

Amazon reportedly developing a 'beer can' size Echo device
Amazon.com is reportedly working on a scaled-down version of its Echo voice-controlled speaker.

Durham University’s Louis Richardson CLEARED of rape and sexual assault
Louis Richardson, 21, from Jersey, had denied attacking the undergraduate when she was 'crazy drunk' at his home and also denied sexually assaulting ...