Session Variables getting lost

Hi

I have a Parent Page called Parent.aspx in which i have a Grid View which has a column in which button is placed from which i am opening a Pop Up Window(Page) named Child.aspx.

 Before opening th pop up i assigning a DataTable to a Session variable so that i can access the DataTable in Child.aspx which can be accessed.

Now I have created the 2nd DataTable in Parent.aspx for which the rows are added in the child.aspx page. The 2nd DataTable need to maintain all the rows which are added in child.aspx page.

but unfortunately i am not getting  the DataTable from the Session .If i make the Parent Page to Reload from the Child on click of a close button then i am able to get the values. But is there a way to get the values without reloading Parent

 How do i retain all the rows which are added to the DataTable...?

 Thanks and Reagards

0
dprasannain

 You can use Page methods in asp.net ajax to read /write session variables from javascript ,

See this link ( go to "Calling Static Methods in an ASP.NET Web Page " section )

http://www.asp.net/AJAX/Documentation/Live/tutorials/ExposingWebServicesToAJAXTutorial.aspx

Regards,

Anas Ghanem.

Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF USE"). -- Thanks!

0
anas

session variable gets lost
Hi! I have a session variable, and I set the Session.timeout=120; but after a while (not even 30 mins )it got lost and had errors cause of that in the app_code, where I have a function that takes as parameter the session variable value. Thank for any advice. Firstly make sure you are never overwriting the session variable.Another thing would be if the web server is low on resources it may drop some session items.  Make sure in the web.config file the session timeout is set properly     <sessionState timeout="120"/>Check below link for more info ht...

session variables in javascript on a web form
Hi All, I have master page on which I have written a javascript which open ups a new window when user clicks on menu item placed on the left side of master page. The javascript follows  function OpenWind()       {         <% if( HttpContext.Current.Session["Id"]==null) { %>                alert('Session Expired! Redirecting to login page!');           &nb...

Session variable value gets lost
I am using asp.net 3.0 with C#. My web application requires some values that is used across my User Controls. These values are pertaining to the login user name and User type. When each user is logged in I store that username and user type in a session variable and whenever i need to used it like in a query I just called the string variable that is assigned to the Session variable. My problem is sometimes my session object/ string variable loses its value and I am wondering is there another way of storing my User's credential so that the value will not be lost until the User closes his/h...

ColdFusion Session Variables Getting Lost
Name: Randy Email: randyatgetsetdotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: ColdFusion Session Variables Getting Lost Comments: I am a ColdFusion Programmer and just downloaded Firefox 3.0. Twice in the last twenty four hours my ColdFusion session variables have suddenly disappeared. It is possible they timed out. They have a two hour limit set but typically they persist two hours from last use it is possible they are timing out two hours from their creation. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051202 Firefox/3.0 ...

session variable gets lost when calling a class
 HiI have a wierd problem that I am really struggling with I have a session variable session("userid") that I use throughout a site with no problems I am using a class to upload a file , the class is called on the on_click event of a button when this class is called , the class works fine , does nothing unusual and does not use session variables , after the call to the class has done its thing the session("userid") is set to nothing ?Does anyone know why this might be happening ? thanks    How are you accessing the Session in the class? Make sure you are...

Web form session lost
G'day all, I am using VStudio 2003 to develop a commerical website that allows user to modify database records. For this example to edit customer profile using session assignment (eg session("customerid")=strCustomerID)  . Developed from my laptop and uploaded to the server and tested it from my IE browser at home seems fine and all. but when I logged in from another remote area that is from my work PC using I.E browser the session key seems to be lost (ie. when click on a customer from a list, and redirect to a customer page which shows all the details). The value fields are blank, ...

Session variable between web forms and Data Access Layer
I am using ASP.NET 2.0 with c#. I am trying to declare a global session object that will be used in both c# Class files (DAl) and my web forms (Presentation Tier). Now my session object is Session["Bookid"].  The value stored in this session object is the value from a selected item in my dropdown control. That works fine. But I want this Session object to be used in a (DAL) but the value is null.  Here is exactly what i am trying to do. 1). Select item from dropdown control (from Web form)2). Assign the selected item to Session["Bookid"]3). Access that Session ...

Session State Is Lost in Mobile Web Form Applications During Development
Inner Exception: System.Exception: The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit. how to handle this situation in mobile web form I need you can try to delete those cookie.... Anyway where u access from???...

Last variables stored in Session get lost when redirecting to _target page.
 We have a session object that holds certain data - on our last panel of our panel wizard we ask two questions: checkbox :  Use pre-printed paper?radioBox:  Most recent test                    All past tests we save those two variables to our session like several other variables that we have saved. This then Redirects to a _target page that builds our report.  HOWEVER, alot of the time (AND NOT ALWAYS) these last two variables do not get populated to our session?  If I debug and...

Acessing variables, objects and functions from javascript to VB .NET Web Forms
I have included some javascript files in my vb.net application. I want to access the variables, objects and functions of Javascript to the VB.NET Web Forms, which means that I want to transfer the methods from Javascript to the code-behind in a web form. How do I do this? Can anybody help me with some sample codes...thanks in advance . you can't pass javascript variables (client side) to code-behind (server side). you can however put your variables into hidden input fields then access those input fields from code-behind. or use ajax I think the only way to do this is...

IN VS.Net how can i get a web form to scroll (design mode)
In design mode in VS.Net, there is a scroll bar next to the web form, but it is grayed out.  I can not figure out how to enable it.  I want to design a web form that is larger in size than the surface area shown in teh deisgn window.  Can someone help out with this?Thank you. VS design surface shows how the page is going to be rendered in the browser. Therefore, there is no 'virtual' large size. In the browser scroll bar appears if the browser window is smaller than the page content. You can make scroll bar to appear by enclosing page content in a large container e...

VB .net Web Form will not get contents of Text Box
I have created a web form with text boxes that are bound to a DataSet/DataView.  I have created button to navigate up and down the recordset.  That all works fine. I need to have the ability to edit/add text in any of the boxes and then when clicking "Save" button, it would build an UPDATE query to send to the database. When the Save button is clicked, I have coded to DIM a string var (strSQL) to use to build the SQL command.  For some reason, it will only get the text from a text box if the data was pulled the database.  If I add/edit data, then the SQL command will ha...

Web resources about - Session Variables getting lost - asp.net.web-forms

Cisco Debuts Open Pay Variable Pricing, Updates CCRE
Cisco Debuts Open Pay Variable Pricing, Updates CCRE Channel Partners Kris Snow, president of Cisco Capital, says the company's new Open Pay ...