Session Start firing twice

I have an application that passes in a query string via email link.  In my global aspx file, I check for the query string and store it in a session variable.  Problem is, the response.redirect code is causing the session start to fire twice.  If I remove response.redirect everything works fine..  any suggestions?????

Dim taskOrderName As String = Request.QueryString("TaskOrderName")Dim requestID As String = Request.QueryString("RequestID")

If taskOrderName.Length > 0 Or taskOrderName <> Nothing Then

currentEmailRequest.TaskOrderName = taskOrderName

Me.Session.Add(SessionVars.SessionVariables.CurrentEmailLoginDetails.ToString, currentEmailRequest)

End If

'If requestID.Length > 0 Then

' currentEmailRequest.RequestID = requestID

' Me.Session.Add(SessionVars.SessionVariables.CurrentEmailLoginDetails.ToString, currentEmailRequest)

'End If

instance = WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent()

value = UCase(instance.Name)

loginTime =
Date.Now()

If value <> "" Then

Dim ds As DataSet = du.GetDomainUserByID(value)

If ds.Tables(0).Rows.Count > 0 Then

For Each DTTable In ds.Tables

For Each DTRow In DTTable.Rows

With currentDomainUser

.FullName = DTRow("DISPLAYNAME")

.UserName = DTRow("DOMAIN_ID")

End With

Next DTRowNext DTTable

currentDomainUser.ContractorID = 0

If du.IsDomainUserInGroupByName(value, "ADMINS") Then

currentDomainUser.Group = Enums.GroupTypes.InternalAdministrator

Me.Session.Add(SessionVars.SessionVariables.CurrentUser.ToString, currentDomainUser)

Response.Redirect("/TaskOrderStatus/StatusForm.aspx")

Else

currentDomainUser.Group = Enums.GroupTypes.InternalUser

Me.Session.Add(SessionVars.SessionVariables.CurrentUser.ToString, currentDomainUser)

If taskOrderName.Length > 0 Then ' Or requestID.Length > 0 Then

Response.Redirect("/TaskOrderStatus/StatusForm.aspx")

Else

Response.Redirect("/Requests/MyRequests.aspx")

End If

End Sub
0
germaine84

Use Server.Transfer instead. Response.Redirect issues a 302 to the browser, causing the second request.

Please Mark As Answer posts that helped you.

"If we learn from our mistakes, I should be brilliant by now."

MCTS - .NET Framework 2.0: Web Applications
0
nikki_doer_of_things
5/4/2009 6:13:01 PM
germaine84:
Me.Session.Add(SessionVars.SessionVariables.CurrentUser.ToString, currentDomainUser)

Response.Redirect("/TaskOrderStatus/StatusForm.aspx")

Try this..

Response.Redirect("/TaskOrderStatus/StatusForm.aspx", false)

Check this..

http://weblogs.asp.net/bleroy/archive/2004/08/03/Don_2700_t-redirect-after-setting-a-Session-variable-_2800_or-do-it-right_2900_.aspx

My Blog

"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right."
0
budugu
5/4/2009 6:16:09 PM

Check the AutoEventWireUp on the pages you are directing to. It may be wired to fire that event if it is set to True.

As an alternate, did you try Server.Transer (although I don't see why that would be any different)

0
rodnex
5/4/2009 6:20:23 PM

Thanks for the help.  Worked perfectly!

0
germaine84

How to start coding vb.net(web form and Crystal repotrs)
I use Crystal Report in Visual Studio.NET 2003..... Example at Northwind database I want a application that.....a form include a combobox that contain CustomerID.....If I choose one CustomerID and click OK button....a Report will display information about this Customer......I think that must use Paramater.....how to do that ???? (please help me step by step,I try it before but not success) please help me !!! There is sample code and tutorials on my blog entry: http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/richard.dudley/archive/2004/05/03/12692.aspxIf my post is your answer, please mar...

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

Web Service, Web Forms shared session
How could I share session between Web Service and Web Forms (they are in the same project). There is no problem when I refer to session in only one of them. But when I declare session value in one of them - second doesn't see it (== null).I put session ID in CookieContainer for Web Service, but I want to pass session values farther - to *.aspx sites of this project. Hi,You can't share session directly withing different projects of solution.One way of solution is use of StateServer mode of session.Thanks. Shah Dharnendra GSr.Analyst Programmer,GTL-Ahmedabad...

.Net Web Form & Web Service Deployment

Web forms and mobile web forms

.Net Web Forms
what is the best way to create a multi-page web insurance quote form (similar to Geico) that will insert information into a database? The examples i've seen show one form with a submit button at the bottom. I need to break this form into at least three different aspx or ascx pages. Thanks for the help. I did something similiar since I have like 7 sections to an application. The way I did it was by using the asp:panel control. When the user finished one section and clicks a button it inputs the data into the database and hides the 1st panel and shows the next one. HTH...

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Web resources about - Session Start firing twice - asp.net.web-forms

Barack Obama speech to joint session of Congress, February 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Obama's first State of the Union Address was the 2010 State of the Union Address . The speech was delivered on the floor of the chamber of the ...

Wall St ends shortened session steady - Business Spectator
US markets lack direction in abbreviated post-Thanksgiving trading session.

Perth pub, nightclub opening hours to extend - Sunday Sessions, WA
AS THE east coast of Australia cracks down on late-night drinking, Western Australia is heading in the opposite direction.

Tomas Cubelli arrives in Canberra as Brumbies land blows at AIS boxing session
An immigration hold-up and passport confusion threatened to delay Tomas Cubelli's ACT Brumbies' arrival.

S&P 500 ends flat in holiday-shortened session
The S&P 500 closed little changed on Friday, a fourth straight day of declines, amid weakness in energy and Walt Disney.

GoPro Hero4 Session gets $100 price cut, Xiaomi Yi launches in US
When GoPro introduced the Session action camera in its Hero4 line, it made the mistake of offering the new model at the same price point as the ...

The North Pole is Back in Session
Santa doesn't spread cheer across the globe all by himself. As soon as the first frost is on the mistletoe, hundreds of helpful elves work day ...

Should We Fear Peak Human?: Master Post for Uncharted 2015 Brad DeLong-Peter Leyden Session
**Jennie Eliot**: Your Uncharted Interview Video: To Brad, Peter.... >All links in one place: >* [Full video with highlights](http://reinven ...

TWIABP filmed a live session video for "I Can Be Afraid of Anything," add 2nd NYC show to tour
photo: TWIABP at LPR in August (more by Mimi Hong) The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die is on tour now supporting this ...

Saturday Sessions: Jeff Lynne of "Jeff Lynne's ELO" plays "When I was a boy" - Videos - CBS News
Jeff Lynne is one of the most influential rock musicians and producers ever, and is now leading a 21st-century version of a hit-making powerhouse. ...