Server error NET 2.0 : parser error

hi,

I am getting the following server error in the browser when running c:\inetpub\wwwroot\mukera2\default.aspx :

------------------

Server Error in '/mukera2' Application.

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'Alex.Global'.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.cs" Inherits="Alex.Global" %>

Source File: /mukera2/global.asax    Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

My application was working for the last 6 monthes with NET 1.1. After upgrading it to NET 2.0, I have been getting the above error.

Please help me. I wasted a lot of time to solve this problem

Thank you in advance

0
beleteasfaw

Check the namespace of your Global.asax code-behind.  It may have changed with the new partial classes.

Just change the inherit value to the Global.asax namespace and you'll be good to go.

Michael De Lorenzo
-------------------------------
www.delorenzodesign.com
0
delorenzodesign

Error with using .Net 3.0 instead of .Net 2.0
Hi,  I have recently made a website in microsoft visual web developer 2005.  When I have uploaded my site to my host I am having trouble.  when I visit the page www.amcnewzealand.co.nz I get an error message.  My web hosting company does not support .net 3.0 but instead use .net 2.0.  My website is made with file extensions .aspx.  I am usure how to tell what version of .net I am using and wether this is the only cause.  At first there was a 403 error occuring. Help would be much appreciated as I have been struggling with this for some time. The version...

Any idea why .NET 2.0 service pack 1 give me "The server tag is not well formed. " error?
I just installed .NET 2.0 SP1, those forms worked before now give me "The server tag is not well formed. " error. any idea?   Can you post a specific line where this is happening?  I often get this when there is not a space between attributes on a control like  <asp:Textbox runat="server"id="Textbox1" />Community Coder Yes! you got it quickly. I found it is the xml transform. I create some code dynamically with xml transform, I used &#32; to make sure there is a space between attributes, it seems &#32; doesn't work unde...

Access .Net 2.0 Application from .Net 2.0 Web Site
I need to populate a specific form in a .Net desktop application from a .net web application.  Is there an easy way to go about this? Hi, Based on my understanding, you want to start an executable application from your ASP.NET websit, right? We can invoke Process.Start method (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.start.aspx) to launch an executable application from ASP.NET application. Note: Please keep in mind, the ASP.NET application is running on the server, so it will start the executable application that exists in the server.   I look...

.NET 2.0 Web Service Error
I have created a webservice at the location //localhost/WebSite using VS 2005 Beta 2. The webservice contains nothing but the helloWorld web method. When I run a debug I get a server unavailable error in IE and the following in the event viewer: Warning: Failed to initialize the AppDomain:/LM/w3svc/1/ROOT/WebSite Exception: System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironmentException Message: Failed to access IIS metabase. Error: Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created. Error: 0x80131500 Does anyone have any idea why this is happening or how I can fix it? If m...

HTTP protocol violation error using .NET 2.0 web services through Squid-2.5 proxy
Hello,A client of ours using the Squid proxy server (version 2.5.STABLE6-3.4E.12.1) on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 is experiencing a problem when running our .NET 2.0 client application, which communicates with a .NET 2.0 web service on our server.When our client application sends an HTTP 1.1 request through the Squid proxy to our server, it receives the error:"The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseStatusLine"Other clients not using Squid are not experiencing this problem.Researching this, we've found a few posts that report similar problems using .NET 2.0 w...

web.config problems when upgrading from .NET 2.0 Beta to .NET 2.0 release version
We uninstalled .NET 2.0 Beta and replaced it with .NET 2.0 release version.  And it messed everything up.  All applications now give weird errors indicating the lack of web.config files, despite the fact that they already have web.config files in place.  For example, the following error occurs even though the web.config file has <customErrors="Off">: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for securit...

Error generate in .net 2.0 web config file
Hi, I am trying to install the first .net 2.0 application on our web server, Server 2003.  When I launch the application it generates errors regarding segments of the web.config file.  In particular, it complains about the <pages> tag.  I suspect this is because <pages> is for support of master pages which are new with 2.0. I checked the properties of my application's virtual directory and the aspx extension is mapped to ...net/v1.1/aspnet_isapi.dll, not the one in the ...net/v2.0 folder.  I tried manually updating the mapping to the v 2.0 folder, but t...

ado.net 2.0 and sql server 2000 connection error
I am trying to make a simple connection to my sql server, but am getting an error.  I am not sure why it says SQL Server 2005 in the error as we use 2000.  I have found others to have the problem on the web, but have found no answers.  One person said the sql connection worked when he downgraded to 1.1; however, I'd like to avoid that.  Here is my code:   <%@Import Namespace="System.Data.SqlClient" %> <script runat="server"> Sub Page_Load() Dim conNorthwind As SqlConnection   conNorthwind = New SqlConnection("Server=1CDRSRV4; uid=username; pwd...

"Server Error in '/' Application" in .net 2.0
I have a working application which suddenly stopped working with the message: "Server Error in '/' Application. The resource cannot be found" I use asp.net 2.0 and work with a file-system web (no IIS for now). My office runs the security updates on the network from time to time, and my guess is: this is the culprit. The app still works on my laptop. I did run aspnet_regiis. Just in case, although I did not expect it to help. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. More detail about the error message, please. When it says "Resource cannot be found" is it talking about your defaul...

.Net 2.0 version 1.0.10618.0 AJAX and MaximinValueMessage ERROR
I am using Version 1.0.10618.0 and get the following error.Type 'AjaxControlToolkit.MaskedEditExtender' does not have a public property named 'MaximumValueMessage'. Why does the exmple show this option in the samples and not note it is not found in version 1.010618.0 for .NET 2.0?    "From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!" The samples only show what is available in the latest release. If you upgrade, it should work.  Nice avatar by the way! MCPD - Web Developer Thanks, I wish we could upgrade we are on VS2005 and .NET 2.0. "From my poi...

Web resources about - Server error NET 2.0 : parser error - asp.net.web-forms

Price Drop: MyAudioStream Pro UPnP audio player and streamer: gather your music collection from your ...
MyAudioStream Pro UPnP audio player and streamer: gather your music collection from your PC, NAS, UPnP servers, Windows Media Player or iTunes ...

Intel Rising; Street Likes Stable Outlook; Server Cracks Appear
... ( MU ) might not move fast enough with the “ 3D Xpoint ” technology the two are developing. Some cracks are appearing in Intel’s server market ...

Twitter faces local computer server demand by Russia
Russia's internet watchdog says Twitter will have to set up local data centres, having previously ruled out such a move as unnecessary.

VertrigoServ is an easy-to-manage WAMP server
Setting up a web server can be a lengthy and complicated process, with so many components to download, set up and manage. A WAMP server (Windows, ...

Poll: 68 Percent Call Hillary Clinton Email Server ‘Illegal’ or ‘Unethical’
Younger voters are the largest demographic saying Hillary Clinton behavior was unethical, and half saying they think she did something wrong ...

Morgan Stanley kicks tires on ARM servers, wants a rival for Intel
A lot has been written about servers based on ARM processors , but there's little data about how many are actually being used in production. ...

Quanta, Wiwynn see more orders from server clients for 2016
Quanta Computer and Wiwynn, a server subsidiary of Wistron, are expected to land more cloud server orders from their clients in 2016 as Internet ...

Sadelle's Is So Hot That the Servers Are Literally Catching on Fire
Actual flames. Sadelle's, the wildly popular Soho Jewish bakery/bistro from Major Food Group, launched dinner last week with a menu that includes ...

System Vendors Unveil ARM-Based Server Offerings
At SC 15, five companies announce servers running on Cavium's ThunderX SoCs, while Applied Micro announces new interconnect for its X-Gene chips. ...