Hi
 My requirement is
I hav one csv file with these fields id,mobilenum,messgae,status.intiallu staus is 0.
once i read the all fileds and take that mobile number.using tat mobile number  i need to send sms .after sending sms i shuld change status as 1
How to send sms thru coding (please dont provide any links.if it is provide also please give working links becox i checked codeproject .i didnt get any nice link.
and also provide the how to update the status field im csv file
Thank
ssandhya

0
sandhyabhavani
7/4/2008 10:24:51 AM
📁 asp.net.web-forms
📃 93655 articles.
⭐ 6 followers.

💬 5 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 14096 Views

To send SMS, you need some third party SMS providers. if you consult them, they will give either an URL or thery will expose some webmethod to send SMS. then in your code, But they will charge for that.
 when you call that method
 or
 response.redirect("that given URL"), then an sms will go.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.  Teach a man to fish and you feed him forever.
0
ramireddyindia
7/4/2008 12:03:36 PM

Hello Sandhya,
Please check out the links:
http://www.gotocode.com/art.asp?art_id=66
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/SendingSMS.aspx

Regards,
Ahmed

Please don't forget to mark the post as Answer, which helps you.

Thank you.
www.ahmadtasnim.com
0
tasnim5

 We have done a similiar implementation in one of the projects.
 You wont be able to find any built in class for the same in .net ( you may like to have a look at the micorosft exchange server). Rather you will have to use third party api that provides the sms service .
 We have been calling a web service that calls the sms providers api and sends the sms. This has some monetary charges per sms. However you can find on the net sites that provide the api to send sms uisng a demo account. This will generally be limited to a small number of sms sent after which you will have to pay for the sms. These api providers also provide the documentation for using the api.

P.S. - Mark the post as answer if it helps you.

Cheers
Sohail Sayed
0
ssayed
7/4/2008 12:09:42 PM

I reccomend listening to Jonathan Goodyear on DotNetRocks as he talks about all that goes into the process.
http://www.dotnetrocks.com/default.aspx?showNum=327

Chris Love
ASP.NET 2.0 Your Visual Blueprint for developing Web Applications
0
docluv
7/4/2008 12:11:20 PM

SMS services in ASP.NET Mobile Web Application : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555578