ReportViewer MS Visual Web Dev 2008 Express doesn't work

Hi Just trying to get my had around reportviewer in MS Visual Web Dev 2008 .

I ran RepportViewer.exe redisbution for 2008 on the server but and I cannot see ReportViewer in toolbox under Data in MS Visual Web Dev 2008 installed on the server . So I decided to do it manually but I'm still having an error "Error creating control failed to create designer ..."

I added in web.config that:
<add assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A" />
<add assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A" />

<add path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" verb="*" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToke=31bf3856ad364e35" validate="false" />

I added in aspx page that:

<%@ Register Assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"

Namespace="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms" TagPrefix="rsweb" %>

All my attempts have been futile

Need help

Love computers
0
levirtuose

Hi levirtuose,

You can try the following steps.

Firstly, you should copy the key dll of reportviewer into current bin directory.

Secondly, you can use the following method to import the dll.

Website->Add Reference->Browse  the dll and add it into project.

Sincerely,
Hua Jun Li
Hua
10/20/2008 2:55:50 AM

I have a similar problem--I get

Execution 'qiqxliengztwci454gqefh55' cannot be found

with a different Guid every time I load the page.  I have added this to my config:

<add path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" verb="*" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" validate="false" />

  •  and I have added references to all 3 DLLs into the project, as well as copying the dlls into the bin dir (redundant, but just in case).  I've also registered those assemblies in my config using
  • <add assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A" />

    <add assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A" />

  • and still, no luck.  The relevant code in my markup is:

  • <%@ Register Assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"

    Namespace="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms" TagPrefix="rsweb" %>

    <asp:Content ID="conMain" ContentPlaceHolderID="c" runat="server">

    <rsweb:ReportViewer ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server" ProcessingMode="Remote">

    <ServerReport ReportPath="/Orders" ReportServerUrl="http://stage/reportserver" DisplayName="Test" />

    </rsweb:ReportViewer>

    </asp:Content>

    The really odd part is that the report does display once I've published my app.  The report also works when I browse to in the reporting server web app (it's using sql server 2005 reporting services).  I can't figure out why I can't view this report in the IDE (VS 2008 SP1).  Are 2005 reports not compatible with vs 2008?  I need to view it there in order to develop against it.  Please help, I don't know what else to try.

    Thanks!

    0
    tuano007
    10/29/2008 7:25:31 AM

    Update on this--I managed to find a workaround.  The built-in web server in my VS 2008 SP1 gives me the Execution cannot be found every time.  However, when I switched to serve using my local IIS, it worked, but only if I run without debugging.

    Is this a problem with the VS web server, or am I missing a configuration option?  It's unfortunate to have to run them this way, plus it makes development difficult without running in debug mode.  Anything I can do?

    Thanks for your help,

    Anthony

    0
    tuano007

    Visual Web Developer 2008 doesn't connect to SQL Server 2008 Express
     Hey everyone. I'm once again having trouble with my install of Visual Web Developer 2008 and SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced Services on my Vista Home Premium notebook.  VWD 2008 can't seem to connect to my databases in SQL Server 2008. I use the Connect to Database feature in the Tools menu and select Microsoft SQL Server. When I get to the Add Connection window I hit refresh next to the Server name drop-down but nothing shows up. I'm completely baffled by this. What do you think is the cause of this? What are the steps i need to take to resolve this i...

    Web Deployment Project 2008 doesn't work with Visual Studio 2008 SDK
    Why ??? After removing Visual Studio 2008 SDK all works egain as expected How can I make them work together on the same machine ??? Hi, What do you mean it doesn't work? Did you get any error message? I test it on my machine, and it works fine with Visual Studio 2008 SDK. I download Visual Studio 2008 SDK from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=30402623-93ca-479a-867c-04dc45164f5b&displaylang=en I download Visual Studio® 2008 Web Deployment Projects - RTW from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0AA30AE8-C73B-4BDD-BB1B-FE697256C...

    System.web.UI doesn't work in VB.Net Form?
     Hi, I downloaded a little example recently and tried converting it to VB.Net.  Surprisingly I found that while my VB Web projects and CSharp Windows Form projects work with System.web.UI, VB Windows Forms don't seem to. Is there any way I can use System.web.UI features with a windows form? This is the code I'm trying to convert to VB:   using System.IO;using System.Web.UI.WebControls;using System.Web.UI;// render the DataGrid control to a fileusing(StreamWriter sw = new StreamWriter(textBox1.Text)){ using(HtmlTextWriter hw = new HtmlTextWriter(sw)) { g...

    Program doesn't stop in debugmode on breakpoint (V Web Dev 2008 Express)
    Goodday to you all,  When I set a breakpoint in my source- and/or codewindow (image is an example):   The program doesn't stop excecution at that point (of-course there's no yellow arrow shown in the red dot while the program isn't on hold) These are my debugsettings (Via Tools->Options): Any sugestions on this ?Thanks in advance,Ben Is it possible that the line with the breakpoint is never executing?Steve Wellens My blog Yes, I figured that out. When I insert something like this on line 21 MsgBox("Here I am", MsgBoxStyle.Informat...

    Usercontrol doesn't work in Visual Web Dev 2005. Master Detail or Themes instead?
    Hello, I have a simple website with about 30 pages.  Each page has a common nav bar, side bar, and footer.  For some of the pages I started using user controlls.  I have these three: <%@ Register TagPrefix="UserControl" TagName="beginHeader" Src="include/beginHeader.ascx" %> <%@ Register TagPrefix="UserControl" TagName="endHeader" Src="include/endHeader.ascx" %> <%@ Register TagPrefix="UserControl" TagName="Footer" Src="include/footer.ascx" %> First I insert beginHeader, then I can put any custom meta tags on the page, then insert the endHeader....

    Visual Studion Express 2008 SP1, Visual Web Developer Express 2008 and Web Application Project Template
    Hi All, I installed Visual Web Developer Express 2008 sp1 on my two machines, one running Vista & other running XP. On the XP machine, when I open VWD Express 2008 I get an option to use Web Application project template as a new project option but on my Vista machine I only get an option to use Web site model template option. My question is, is the sp1 incompatible with vista? Any help or explanation would be appreciated   Thanks SP1 is compatible with vista.  I would try devenv.exe /installvstemplates to see if you could force vwd to see the other project types otherwise ...

    Can't get the Web Controls to work.. The Build.Bat file doesn't work? HELP>> ARGGG>.
    Hi.. I was wanting to use the IE Web Controls, the Tab Strip, etc, and play with it.. Since I have IIS 5, I thought I'd copy them there using the Read me.txt instructions and then copy to a dev server that I use at a web host.. Well, everything worked except the Build file doesn't build the Microsoft.UI.Webcontrols.DLL file? When I try to run it by double clicking on it, it runs really fast in  the DOS window, but I can't see what it says and it closes.. So I tried to do so manually and I received an error that the "cse.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command or batch...

    Simple web parts web page
    Hi, I am trying to write a simple web parts web page - I added WebPartManager and a webPartZone to the page. Inside the webpart I  added 3 hyperlinks (that for some reason - the hyperlink are shown in the top part only and not the bottom...??) I chaged the .CS code so at the end I will be able to get into design mode (inside the drop down list item), But it doest work... I keep getting only "browse" in the drop down list.. can someone tell me why? Thank you!!! Here is the code: ======= default.aspx ===================<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup=...

    Web Form doesn't work in IE7
     Hi.  I am writing an app in C# that works perfectly in FF, but the button doesn't fire in IE7.  I have built using DAL and BLL methods explained here  http://www.asp.net/learn/data-access/?lang=cs I have javascript enabled on ie7, and I have tried to reauthor the page, but that page also doesn't work.  I do not receive an error, when I click the button, nothing happens.  Here are my button controls from my aspx.  Any help would be very appreciated.  ~Marisa    <asp:Button ID="ButtonSubmit" CausesValidation=&qu...

    after installing web matrix VB.NET web page don't work
    I just started with ASP.NET in VB.NET. I had developed a simple web page and it worked fine. Then I installed web matrix and started playing with it. When I go back to VB and try to run the program (that worked before) I get an error: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. Could not start ASP.NET or ATL server debugging." How do I get VB.NET to working again? I'm not sure why your existing Web application don't work after the installation of Web Matrix, as they can live without conflict in fact, did you try to look for an answer from the support.microsoft.com about the ...

    Ajax Toolkit with Visual Web Dev 2008 Express not working
    Hi,I followed the instructions to install the Ajax tool kit as described here:http://www.asp.net/AJAX/AjaxControlToolkit/Samples/Walkthrough/Setup.aspxI can see all the controls in the Toolkit tab on the left - so it *looks* like a successful install. I can run the Accordian sample from the Samples Web site with no problem. But when I try and create and use an accordian on my own web site I get this error:     "Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." Is is because I...

    usercontrol events doesn't work on web form
    my usercontrol have two kind of events- ImageButton7.Attributes.Add("onmouseout", "src='images/link1.gif'") to change appearence while moving the mouse, and response.redirect to limk to other sites. both doesn't work in the web form! how can make them work, with recoding every page? What happens when you "mouseout" from ImageButton7? Does nothing at all happen? Or is it swapped for the "missing image" symbol? And how are you trying to response.redirect? If you're adding this in the same way as you've added the onmoueout script, then it wo...

    Web resources about - ReportViewer MS Visual Web Dev 2008 Express doesn't work - asp.net.web-forms

    Mark Messier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Mark Douglas Messier ( / ˈ m ɛ s i . eɪ / ; born January 18, 1961) is a Canadian former professional ice hockey centre of the National Hockey ...

    Blog Archive
    Blog Archive 2013 75 Essential Tools for iOS Developers Aug 15 2013 posted in iOS Speaking at Cocoa Conf PDX Jul 13 2013 posted in Speaking In ...

    William Vaughn's Musings: ReportViewer Archives
    I’ve been tuning my monthly webinar again to include more information about SQL Server Reporting Services (R2) and Visual Studio 2010. This high-impact ...

    Welcome to dbase
    Cust_Ser_Tech_Support web site

    Dr. Dobbs - UBM TechWeb
    is a fully searchable DVD that includes: • 21 years of Dr. Dobb's Journal (1988-2009) • 14+ years of C/C++ Users Journal (1990-2006) • 17 years ...

    Forums
    SALES: 1-800-867-1380 ACCOUNT PORTALS Sign in FREE TRIAL SOLUTIONS Solutions Infrastructure Mobile Web Media Integration Identity & Access Management ...

    SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2005 Downloads, Videos, Support - TechNet ...
    Evaluate SQL Server versions and features and find downloads, videos, installation and troubleshooting information, service packs, community ...

    NHL On-line ReportViewer
    VISITOR LOS ANGELES KINGS Game 2 Away Game 2 3 Game Summary Game 0013 Friday, October 10, 2003 Attendance 16,986 at Mellon Arena Start 7:44 ...

    Archive
    Articles Blog Videos Archive The Good, The Bad, and Everything In Between May 2014 Building Multiple Filters with Lo-Dash and AngularJS Compile, ...

    Graduate Medical Education That Meets the Nation's Health Needs
    Today's physician education system produces trained doctors with strong scientific underpinnings in biological and physical sciences as well ...