Referencing controls in a custom control

I generate some warning string in a custom control i wrote, i want to show this warning string in another asp.net control how can i do it. thnaks for advance.
0
umitcel

 Best way would be to expose it via a public property in the custom control you wrote.

Hanan Schwartzberg
--------------------
http://www.lionsden.co.il
0
lionscub

Web Custom Control within a Web Custom Control
I was wondering if this can be done and how. I've created a simple custom control that displays a header which is my first custom control. So I'm just a baby when it comes to this.. Within the header I currently have a property for breadcrumbs which is a string. What I would like to do is have the breadcrumb property  be a Link Button List. I did find a custom control of a Link Button List which is exactly what I wanted. My question is how can/do  I include this into my custom control? Can it done? How? Please help? I'm at a lose here.   Susan You should be able to do ...

Add .Net Control to Web Custom Control

Custom Web Control inside another Custom Web Control
Hi I created a custom web control (CusWebNew) that displays some textboxes by adding them to the ControlCollection of the webcontrol. I also created a custom webcontrol (CustWebButton) that inherts from Button control, and overrided the OnClick function. When I use CustWebButton on a regular web form, it seems to function correctly. However, when I added to be part of the ControlCollection of CustWebNew, it stops to work.   Any ideas why? Thanks Hey, What do you mean by stops to work?  Explain what you are trying to do with it and what it doesn't do.Brian"Trust in the...

Reusing custom web control in the same web control
Hello, I'm newbie in web development and of course asp.net. I am actually trying to build my first page and I'd like to know if it is possible to make a custom webcontrol that will contain itself. Let's say I want to draw a folder hierarchy in treeview-like structure. I thought I could make a control that will display a folder and if this folder contains subfolders then for each the control will include itself. Is this even possible? What would you suggest me to do to? Thanks in advance. TomTom Hagen http://thagen.dteam.info If the control can have child controls, then I s...

User Control VB.Net x Web Custom Control
I was thinking in create a user control in VB.Net, and use it in a Asp.Net as possible? So I thought about it is gonna be better than make a Web Custom Control, so i thought again, nope... But i need to know better because a don't have a progress bar in asp.net for example.... Could Somebody tell me about??? in a reallity i know the asnwer but i would like to explain by myself... Thank's Antonio...

Use Web Custom control or Web User control?
Friends,  I have a generic aspx page and its functions which is used in many .NET web application. The generic page contains a HTML Div control, server drop down list, server buttons, server textbox and it have different server and client functions to do its tasks for calling aspx pages in web applications. My problem is I do not know whether I should make that generic page as a web user control (but this is tedious because all other application folders must store frontpage aspx and code behind files of the generic page) or as a web custom control (This seems to be good beca...

Server Web User Control or Web Custom Control
Ok, I made a DataGrid I like, stuck it in a Web Control Lib, and then to my toolbar. Now I want to take my nice little control and add it to a greater control, maybe place some buttons around it etc. I could always inherit from it in a new custom control and dynamically add the buttons, but I thought about using a Web User Control. I thought I could easily create a Web User Control, drop on my grid and the buttons on a form, and expose some properties and events, but once I got into it, I got a feeling that this isn't what a Web User Control is for. When designing a control li...

What is the difference between a Web User Control and a Web Custom Control
Hi ,please could you answer for the following question with example. i know wht they are. but i want to know hw they are existing in web pages with simple example. What is the difference between a Web User Control and a Web Custom Control?  Thanks in AdvanceDilip    Check this out .... hope these might help you out... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893667http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa651710(VS.71).aspx itsUrDAY  Hi, See the following URLs: https://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fb3w5b53(VS.71).aspx(Introduction to Web User Contr...

Custom User Controls v. Custom Web Controls
Hi! Is it better for me to begin coding my controls instead of just designing them? What would the benefits be? I meen, i seem to be able to get all i need from just putting stuff together on an ASCX file but i'm obviously missing a huge concept here... please explain! Hi, creating user controls is indeed easier than creating custom server controls because you can simply drag & drop other controls on the form, easily add events to it, ... Custom controls however are better when you want to reuse them in several other projects. I like to create custom controls for small, reusable com...

Custom Control within a Control Control

Web control in web control

Web resources about - Referencing controls in a custom control - asp.net.web-forms

Wikipedia:Referencing for beginners - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
References (refs) on Wikipedia are important to validate writing and inform the reader. Any editor can potentially remove unsupported material, ...

Facebook Testing Posts From Pages Users Haven’t Liked Referencing Pages Users Have Liked
Some Facebook users are seeing organic posts in their news feeds that suggest posts from pages they have not liked when the posts are in reference ...

McDonald's Ad Referencing 9/11, Boston Bombing Provokes Strong Reactions
NEW YORK — An ad by McDonald's is testing the fine line companies need to walk when referencing national tragedies. The ad by the world's biggest ...

iCloud storage warning emails already referencing iOS 8 & iCloud Drive
Those annoying iCloud storage warning email notifications have begun referencing the upcoming iOS 8 and iCloud Drive, according to multiple tips ...

Begich, Sullivan campaigns pull controversial ads referencing Mountain View case - Alaska Dispatch
... representing the victims' family in a high-profile murder and sexual assault case in Anchorage, the Sullivan and Begich camps pulled ads referencing ...

Protesters briefly disrupt Google I/O, referencing evictions, “robots that kill”
Meanwhile, a more quixotic protest results in 10 arrests in Mountain View.

Emma Sulkowicz Created Rape-Referencing Video - artnet News
Watch the video that Emma Sulkowicz allegedly created, which alludes to rape, and seems to build on her controversial mattress performance.

Michael Jordan's Son Laughs Off Kanye West's Jumpman-Referencing Nike Diss Track 'Facts'
Michael Jordan’s son, Marcus Jordan, is laughing off Kanye West’s new Jumpman-referencing diss song “Facts.”

A quick guide to referencing
Back in March as part of a series on Blog Ethics I wrote about Attribution where due , but in light of all the recent noise about spam blogs, ...

Man Arrested for Throwing Books While Referencing Scripture in Lakewood Church Store
A man was taken into custody for tossing books and knocking displays down all while referencing a particular scripture in Lakewood Church's book ...