Read a remote web page with a form, fill the form & submit it

Hi,

Is it possible to read a web page on some web site that contains a form.

Then identify the fields in the forms.

Then fills the fields with my data.

and then submits the form as it submitted normally.

I need to do this to automate my order processing.

Thanks.

0
tajjudin

there is no need to automatically fill the form on the page hosting the form itself. most likely you just have to know the URL where the form is submitted ("action" attribute of the form) and the inputs of the form to be able to recreate a request, either by recreating the form on your page (populating the fields and submit it) or by building an HTTP request that correspond to this form submission.

see the following link for the later option: http://quomon.com/question_Create_post_request_programmatically_ASP_NET_268.aspx

0
BigjimFRG
6/5/2008 12:10:38 PM

Thanks, It seems to be a close solution because you should know in advance the form elements name to fill the form, but i also want to scan the form to gather the list of fields in that. Is there any hint how to do that?

0
tajjudin
6/5/2008 4:19:44 PM

you can programatically create a request (as shown in the linked post) to get the response from the page that hosts the form - instead of the target of the form - (simple GET request with the URL of the form page) and parse this response for the opening and closing "form" tags and all inputs inbetween.

if the page is well formed and XHTML compliant, you might even be able to use XML tools to analyse the form (load the "<form>...</form>" part of the response into an XMLDocument object, search for tags named input, select or textarea using an XPath query for instance and retrieve their properties - names, etc.). but basically if there is a "<br>" instead of "<br/>" you won't be able to do this (see the following discussion http://gps678.com/1/facc06756feeff34.html).

0
BigjimFRG

Submitting data from a know web form to unknown web form
hi i m making a software in which i will submitt some data from a web page that will go to a web form of which contrlos are unknown to me only i know the name and how many controls in that form it means i can see the form only. how can i do this please help me soon with code plz its very argent.i m doin this wit the help of foxtrot.xray.WebRobot but its giving me error that this dll file is already exists in The file ('C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\_foxtrot.xray.WebRobot.dll' already exists).i don know what will do so please help me soon please thanks praveen We ca...

Web forms and mobile web forms

Open web page in IE and populate fields on the form from my web form
To the dot net Knights.  Many humble thanks in advance from a dot net surf. We have an vb application that opens multiple instances of IE object, each to different web pages.  It then takes information from the current record in the app, populates fields on each of the web pages, and them submits the forms.  We are then able to look at the resulting web pages and quickly get the info we're looking for.This prevents us from having to manually navigate to each web site, enter the same information and then wait for the page to open.  If there is ...

Submitting Web forms fields to sql database by clicking on SUBMIT FORM and sending the form fields to email box
I have a created or designed a form to be stored in a SQL database table and at the same time when a user clicks on SUBMIT button the form fields will automatically goto the visitor email address immediately. Also i have created a database with tables for each of this forms Pls help i have over 10 forms designed but the problem of submitting them to the table database and the user email address is the challenge now.... You ned to familiarise yourself with the basics of database access in ASP.NET.  There are free tutuorials here: http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/da...

Web Form embedded in another Web Form

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Include web form inside web form

how to place a <form> in web form form
i placed a <form> in the web form, but i can't submit coz i neet to submit to another web site how can i do??? Mike Chan You cannot submit a <form> to another page if you have a RunAt="Server" in the form tag. Remove that RunAt="Server" and you can (though then you will need to use plain old HTML inside that form). What are you trying to do? Why do you need to post to another form?Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog COZ I NEED TO POST SOME INFORMATION TO ANOTHER WEB SITE IS THERE ANY OTHER SOLUTION?M...

Web resources about - Read a remote web page with a form, fill the form & submit it - asp.net.web-forms

Remote control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A remote control is a component of an electronics device —most commonly a television set , DVD player , or home theater system—originally used ...

Injured in the middle of nowhere:Royal Flying Doctors survey aims to reduce injuries in remote areas
... Flying Doctors Service played a key role in saving his life. The RFDS is embarking on a research project into accidents and injuries in remote ...

The Remote app now works with the new Apple TV
... most bothersome issues with the new Apple TV has been fixed in tvOS 9.1, which landed earlier today . You can now use Apple’s official Remote ...

Only kid on remote island to get hundreds of Christmas cards from Redditors
10-year-old Aron Anderson might just be the UK's loneliest schoolboy. He lives on Out Skerries, an archipelago in the eastern Shetland Isles, ...

Sony is bringing PS4 Remote Play to PC and Mac
At E3 2015, Microsoft dropped a bombshell: backward compatibility was coming to Xbox One . The feature was finally implemented after the New ...

Google Cast Remote Display Plugin for Unity
Posted by Leon Nicholls , Developer Programs Engineer Today we launched the Google Cast Remote Display plugin for Unity to make it easy to take ...

PS4 Remote Play officially coming to PC and Mac
The PS Vita gameplay streaming service is set to expand to desktops, President of Sony Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida confirms.

Sony is bringing PlayStation 4 Remote Play to your Mac
Sony has revealed that it is developing an official PlayStation 4 Remote Play app for Mac and PC, giving gamers the ability to play their favorite ...

Your new Apple TV finally works with the Remote app
Ask owners about their biggest gripes with the new Apple TV and they'll probably mention the text input. Given that the Remote app hasn't worked ...

Sony To Bring PS4 Remote Play To PC And Mac
In a recent Tweet, Sony’s Shuhei Yoshida revealed that remote play for PS4 would be opened up to both PC and Mac in the near future.