Property access must assign to the property or use its value. #2

 Hi all.

I am attempting to pass a parameter (called id) contained within the URL from one page to another using <% request.querystring("id") %>, however, when i do this i am presented with the following error message.

'Property access must assign to the property or use its value.'

The URL is as follows

http://www.mywebsite.co.uk/spareparts/admin/edit-part.aspx?id=12

And i am using the following code to try and access and use this value

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

0
cjjubb

Add the equals sign:

from this:

to this

Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post(s) that helped you.

NHibernate with ASP.net Problem-Design-Solution sample application
Scott ASP.net blog

0
scott

Property access must assign to the property or use its value.
I have a very basic function in my data access layer, which seems as though it is structured the same as my other functions, however it raises an error I've never seen, and I'm not sure what it means. The message reads "Property access must assign to the property or use its value."My code is as follows: Public Shared Function GetFirstPage(ByVal ParenGroupID As Int32) As SqlDataReaderDim myConn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("ConnectionString"))Dim cmd As SqlCommand = New SqlCommand("MGMT_GetFrontPostPage", myConn)cmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredPr...

Property access must assign to the property or use its value
 Hi, I when I tried to build my solution in vs2003 I get the following error message. "Property access must assign to the property or use its value." The following is my code to help you better understand my situation. Imports System.IO Imports System.Data.Odbc Public Class Upload     Inherits System.Web.UI.Page  Private Sub Submit1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Submit1.Click         Dim strFileExtension As String         Dim...

BC30545: Property access must assign to the property or use its value.
Hi, I'm new to ASP.NET, and I've been going through the Webcasts that Bill Steel made - the 26 part series. Anyway, I'm on creating my first app, a calculator page, supposedly simple.  I came across the following error when testing the page, and I followed the video, verbatim, and still can't get my page to come up. BC30545: Property access must assign to the property or use its value.Here's the code in my Calc.aspx page: ========BEGIN CODE calc.aspx================ <% page language="VB" CodeFile="Calc.aspx.vb" Inherits="Calc_aspx" %> <html>  <head><ti...

Error: Property access must assign to the property or use its value.
Hello, I am having a problem and I am not sure what I am doing wrong with my property: Private ReadOnly Property returnUsername() As String Get If Page.IsPostBack() = True Then returnUsername = ToString(usernametxt.Text)Return returnUsername Else returnUsername = ""Return returnUsername End If End Get End Property  I getting the error: Property Access must assign to the property or use its value.  I thought I was already doing that. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks  I think you cannot use page.ispostback() from the property(i think...

Error: Property access must assign to the property or use its value.
 I am working on a project and I need to set the default values to load in the text boxes. When I insert the default values it displays the error message Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 ...

HELP! BC30545: Property access must assign to the property or use its value
Hi,   Im using a 4guysfromrolla sample to bind sqldatasource results to a label.  However Im getting the above error.  Here is my code:-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Imports System.Data Partial Class datareaderInherits System.Web.UI.Page Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) Handles Me.LoadDim dv As DataView = CType(SqlDataSource1.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments.Empty), DataView) Dim rndCoinFlip As New RandomRandomProductNames.Text = St...

what does "Property access must assign to the property or use its value" means?
Hi, I am using .net 1.x here, trying to pre-select a binded checkbox list, but it complains:Property access must assign to the property or use its value I'm not sure what I did wrong with my code, would anyone please take a look at it for me please?[code asp.net]Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load         'load the checkboxlist with value from myClass        cblst.DataSource = myClass.getCheckBoxList()        cblst.DataB...

Error message "Property access must assign to the property ir its value." ???im just learning .. heeeelp
When i try to "Build my web page" i get this error message from my coding of a Button click to label.. Im doing it just like to tutorial and it does NOT work.. Is my VB Web developer Express not fully activated for creating events? Help me. Ive spent so much time downloading and watching movies and im stuck 30 seconds into my first page.. Please show your code where the error is occurring.Thanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET Partial Class _Default Inherits System.Web.UI.PageProtected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles But...

using javascript to change .net web form properties
Hello everyone, I'm fairly new to ASP.NET and I'm trying to find the best solution to this problem I'm having.  I believe ultimately what I need to be able to do is change the ImageUrl value via javascript of an ImageButton.  A small example of what I'm working on can be found here in a javascript form:http://www.msu.edu/~sebenic3/This is a simple data input method for a survey. There are three distinct columns, when you select a number within a column it will change the .gif image to show it's selected and then populate the textbox with that value.  I...

Using property values of user control between two web forms.
Hi,I am stuck with a problem.I have a user control on more than one web form( say webform1 and webform2 ).The user control consists of several hyperlinks(say hyp1 and hyp2 ).When I enter values in webform1 and then click 'save' button , one of the property of user control (say ID ) is assigned some value. I want to use that value 'ID' in webform2 after the user clicks on hyp2. I dont think using Querystring will be useful because hyp1 is selected be default. It is not a compulsion for the user, that he has to click on hyp2..he can also click on other hyperlinks of the user control also...Ple...

How to access the properties and methods of the ActiveX control on the client side in Web Form using javascript or vbscript
Hi All, I have looked almost every where for this, and I'll be really appreciated if someone can help me with this. I found a article in MS KB article, #317392, but it is not extactly what I wanted. How do you reference an ActiveX control's methods and properties with javascript in the ASPX? Following is what I have. Some how the following line in the btnclick() does not seems to be working. AlarmCtl.StartTimer() I have done this with just .HTML and it works just fine. Can any one help. Thanks in advance. //===========================...

getting a property value when expression is used on property
Hi everyone, I'm using PB10.2.0.8011 on Windows XP. I hate asking fundamental questions for which I know the answer lies in a manual, but I am having a rough time finding the answer to my question. I initially created a computed column with expression: describe("day1.x"), which refers to a dw object's property which in itself has an expression defining the value. The result is as expected a value of the form value~texpression. So, I tried the following column expression to extract the actual value of x: describe("evaluate('day1.x'," + ...

Property Accessing other properties
 hello i am new to asp.net and also c# and trying to learn some basic concepts now. I am reading article about the font propertyI am a little confused here. My question is Font property belong to WebControl class Font properties belong to FontUnit Class. How does the Font property access the font properties in the FontUnit ClassPlease if somebody could clarify this point for methanx Hi, As far as I can see, FontUnit represents the size of a font. So please look the following code.         Button bt = new Button(); // we create  a ...

Access Web Control's property within the Web Form
Hello, I have a Web Control which has a TextBox and a Button. I want to put this Control on a WebForm, then put some text in a Control's TextBox, press on Control's Button and be able to access text box's value from within the Web Form. That's my Control: _________________________________________________ public class Colo : System.Web.UI.UserControl { protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox TextBox1; protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button Button1; public string Myval{ get{return (string)ViewState["myval"];} set{ViewState["myval"] = va...

Web resources about - Property access must assign to the property or use its value. #2 - asp.net.web-forms

Property - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In abstraction, property is that which belongs to or with something, whether as an attribute or as a component of said thing. For the significant ...

Property - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling . You can assist by editing it . In abstract, property ...

Confusion reigns as short-term rentals through Airbnb carry high cost for property owners
Mary&nbsp;Banfield was opening up her Surry Hills terrace to short-term stays. Then the council fee arrived.

'Big swing': Property investor loans plunge in October
The steam is clearly coming out of the housing market, thanks to a sharp decline in the level of investor lending.

China stocks rise, led by property shares - DailyTelegraph Search Search
CHINA stocks have climbed, led by property and resources shares, amid signs that insurers are scrambling for stakes in real estate majors and ...

Sydney real estate - Northern beaches property wins surge in interest from Chinese buyers
SUBURBS in Sydney’s northern beaches are gaining elevated interest among ethnic Chinese property buyers, according to a major international online ...

Basics key to selling Perth property, says new report - PerthNow Search Search
HOMES with water views might net a million-dollar return, but practical features such as a double lockup garage and a short commute to work make ...

$863m stamp duty windfall for NSW Government on back of asset sales and property
The Baird government is expecting a massive stamp duty bonanza but warn it may be the last for some time as the property market cools.

Men face court after $30,000 worth of suspected stolen property seized in Griffith
Two men are set to face the ACT Magistrates Court on Saturday morning in relation to stolen property and burglary charges.

Vandals spray-paint Hawthorne mosques, leave fake grenade on property
Two mosques in Hawthorne were vandalized and police say both incidents are being investigated as hate crimes.