Problem in passing Listbox items from Client Side to Server Side

Hi ,
I am populating a Listbox 'A' from client side using another Listbox 'B'. At the time of submitting the form I am
not able to retrieve the items from the Listbox 'A'. I need the values of Listbox 'A' in the server side.

Please help

Ravjeet
0
ravjeetbedi

why do not you use server control for the list box instead of the client side ???
Fadil Alnassar
www.fadilalnassar.com | FREE Nodil Tab Control
http://www.mefranchising.com
0
fadil1977
7/11/2005 10:58:42 AM
So,What's the exact problem r u facing now.
My sugession to you is to set hidden variable at the time of populating listbox.
Please, update me with current status

Never Ever Overloaded
0
n_e_o
7/11/2005 11:47:24 AM

how you are copying the listbox B.

0
ssumair2

Hi All,I struck up with some intrested senario at my application development...hope some body will guide me or sends me some code snippets....Thanks in advance.Senario is like this.....in A.aspx (using C# .net 2.0 as code behind) I am going to have a array variable basically it is an TWO Dimensional array after populating the values in array I need to redirect/ reload another web form B.aspx, here i need to access the array in B.aspx client side JavaScript.How can I do this...Thanks AgainRaju Dont do a redirect but use server.transfer. That way the previous page will still hold its value, including your array. Next, have B.aspx create a javasript code and load it dynamicly based upon the array. You can easily create javascript code in the codebehind c#, then load the javascript :)    you can store the array in the context, then do a server.transfer and you can retrieve the array from the next page from the contextThe real voyage of discovery consists not in making new landscapes, but in having new eyes...

Problem passing value client-side to server-side
I have a page that calls a pop-up while passing an encrypted value via a query string. The value is encrypted on the parent client-side in javascript so it needs to be decrypted client-side as well. This decryption occurs on closing the child (popup) and I am at a loss of when and how I should get this value to the server-side. On the popup you just want to process server side code? Anytime you can access for example the raw url:string raw = Page.Request.RawUrl;If you need to access any values on the client side you can access the url using javascript. Another idea is to, on the code behind, to fill a textbox with the string you need. Using this approach you can red the textbox value on the client side:1 // Get access to the textbox2 var txt = documment.getElementById('<%= txtMyTextBox.ClientID %>');3 4 // Alerts with the current text5 alert(txt.value);  Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. No. I don't think you understand. I need to actually PROCESS the url (because it is encrypted) on the client side THEN pass it back to the server-side somehow and at some point. Hi Mrrogers,  We can store the value in a hidden field and add [runat=”server”] to its opening tag. Thus the value is available on the server side by retrieving the ...

Accessing Listbox at server side, whose items changed in client side
Hi, is it possible to access the items of a Listbox  at server side whose items are changed on client with javascript. My scenario is like that; there are two listboxes, one of them is populated  from database and the second one is empty, on client side I add the chosen items of listbox1 to the listbox2. But since this is done in client, I cannot access the listbox2's items in server side. Is there any solution to this?  Thanks in advance. No can do... Try using the control mentioned here:  http://forums.asp.net/thread/371022.aspx** Hope this helps!DennyDotNet.comSoc...

How to pass values from client side to server side
Hi, Is there a way to transfer variable from a client loop to a server loop. For example: var clitest = 'test'; Now I would like to get test variable from javascript into a server string variable <% sertest = ?? %> I understand that this can be done by storing a variable into a hidden control for example and than access it using server side, but when I have to transfer an array for example it get's a little more complicated. I was wondering is there more efficient approach? You can't transfer arrays, only strings. To workaround this problem pass delimited stri...

How to pass the client side values to server side?
 hello to All,Actually i wanna implement a code like... a string in HTML textbox retrieve in server side control....suppose i hv a HTML control <input type="text" id="txtHTML"/>, and dis control  txtHTML.text="abc".now i want to retrieve dis client side string "abc" in d server side textbox named "txtASP"...which hs a property runat="server"so please give me an idea how to pass values from client side to server side.... hope u understand a problem... sam.  You could do this <input type="text"...

Problem between client-side & server-side
I have two select controls (HtmlControl) here. They are set to runat='server'. I've bind some data to them when create. I also have a cliet side script to change them one's option to another using javascript. The question is how i can get items of theirs when they're posted back? The controls are like this: <SELECT language="jscript" id="LbFrom" ondblclick="return LbFrom_ondblclick()"multiple size="9" name="Select1" runat="server"> <option></option>'some option here .. .. .. </selec...

Passing variable between client side and server side
For example,how do I pass the return value of the confirm("whatever") to the server side? Or the opposite way.  I want to use a cookie to do is. Can some one give me hint.  Much appreciate your help.   Chen  Please "Mark as an Answer" if you think my post had helped you!Thanks. you can use ajax,javascript and cookies also.  Got what you needed. Please mark as answer. In the aspx file: <input type="hidden" id="confirmAnswer" name="confirmAnswer" runat="server"> That adds this to the aspx.cs file: protected System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlInputHidden confirmAnswer; Then add to the Page_Load event handler: string scriptString = "<script language=JavaScript>\n"; // Store the confirm's return in the hidden control...scriptString += "document.getElementById('" + confirmAnswer.ClientID + "').value = confirm('Overwrite?');\n"; // Do a new PostBack...scriptString += GetPostBackEventReference(confirmAnswer, string.Empty) + ";\n"; scriptString += "</script>\n"; RegisterStartupScript("ConfirmScript", scriptString); if ( IsPostBack && Request["__EVENTTARGET"] == confirmAnswer.ClientID ){     // Response.Write("confirmAnswer.Value: " + confirmAnswer.Value);      if ( confirmAnswer.Value == "true" )&...

How to pass server side array to client side
Hello Friends.....   i want an intelligent textbox.....which pop up a list of data when any character is pressed in perticular textbox.......... the data should be related fields which are stored in database .........   for that i am having a javascript...........but it is static .....it has a static array and generates output..... but i want that particular with my own datafields.......   so please any one help me...... i will be very thank full........   Thanx and regards sandeep prajapatiBhaaratRemember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post t...

differences between server side asynchronous Web methods and client side asynchronous Web methods
Hi,   can anyone expalin what are the differences between server side asynchronous Web methods  and client side asynchronous Web methods in ASP.Net 2.0 ?   any best articles on serverside asynchronous Web methods  ?   Thanks,  hi, check this url, Server-Side Asynchronous Methods for ASP.NET, http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cpp/asyncws.aspx   Calling the Server-Side method asynchronously from Client Script, http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/dipenlama22/Callbacks07182006093320AM/Callbacks.aspx...

Problem call a server-side code from Client-side
Hi; I want to call a server-side code from client-Side at javascript function. must me use from Ajax or Http Requests in Javascript?   Thanks,mohsen  You'll have to make an AJAX call form your client side to acheive thisRegards,Muhammed Saleem P---------------------------------------------Please do not forget to click "Mark As Answer" on the posts that helped you.Happy Programming !!! I answered a question with sample code very similar to this one here: http://forums.asp.net/p/1358277/2799269.aspx#2799269 NC...  ...

how to pass values from client side to server side #2
Hi Guys....               This is Aani....I'm using ASP.NET in C# language.i have created one webpage for get input from user(from java script inputbox).i want that entered data in server side operations.how can i pass that value from client side server side.i need proper code in C# language.reply me soon... Thanks is Advanced... Regards....Aani plz use hidden field.ur assing values to text boxes through java script. before post back call a java scipt function to assign value to hodden fieed. even u can add these ...

form double validation- server side and client side
Hi! I would like to make a server side validation after calling a js function that makes the client-side validation. I do not understand couple of things: 1. Do i need a server side button or  a simple HTML submit button in order to call both of the tests? 2. How do i call a server side function which is written in csharp  after i finish my JS validation (the submit  button is calling the JS function for validation first.)- is it possible to call it directly from a js function? 3. I know that my toolbox on asp.net  contains validation controls who probably are being used for the server side- How do i use them wisely to save me time -instead of writing another function in csharp (if the browser doesn't allow js)  I have asp.net reguler version and not asp.net MVC Thanx. If anyone have any example that he did to validate a form - double validation It will be terrific   Thanx!click! click! 1. You need a Server Side button. A simple HTML button control does not trigger events in the ASP.NET runtime (unless there is a runat="server" attribute). The HTML button will simple be served as is by IIS. 2. JavaScript operates on the client i.e. the web browser. So, it cannot call server side code. In C# all functions are called with parenthesis with any parametsr passed in otherwise, if no parameters are passed in, you still need the paranthesis (unlike VB.NET). For example. SomeCode(); 3. Here'...

Passing parameter from Javascript(client-side) to server side
Hi guys, I'm having problems with my code. I have a textbox1 and a submit button and another textbox2. When my user enters a value into textbox1 and click submit, the description text should be returned to textbox2. Here's my code: Javascript(client side) : function CheckValue() { var stdNo = document.getElementById('Textbox1'); if (stdNo.value != null) { What to code here to pass the parameter value to my server?? } "TextBox1" runat="server"> "Button1" runat="server" OnClientClick="CheckValue(...

Passing list or array from server side to client side
I need to pass an array or two from my server side code to my client so that I can use that info with the Java script event handlers.  Is this possible and if so how?The reason I 'think' I need to do this is because I need to fill in a text field upon a change in my list box without reposting because the load event requires database access.  I'm rather new to asp so I might not be going about this in quite the right way.   Thanks.  You should really take a look at the AJAX toolkit, (see http://ajax.asp.net) because this will let you do exactly what you need.Regards...

pass array object from client side to server side
dear all, i need to pass objects from client side javascript to server side  is there any way to do that..  i have tried hidden field but we can't assign array objects to the hidden fields is there any other way to store array object in server  URGENT!!! Thanks. raj  URGENT, I waited to the last minute to get HELP! I am screwed! No one cares it is urgent!You need to convert it to a string. If it is an Array, use the join() method and store it to a hidden field.  Eric Pascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn LOL, ...

How to pass a server side string variable to client side
Hi, In my application I want to send(or pass) a server side string variable to the client so that the client side javascript can operate on that string. I am new to ASP.NET. Can anyone please help me with some code snippets? If you allow a postback for this passing, you could store the string in a HiddenField and use javascript to read its value after a post~ If you want it to be more smooth and you are using asp.net 2.0, Script Callback is a good choice, there is a sample at the buttom of this page. Furthermore, some ajax framework will help you to call page method from client esa...

Client side pass data back to Server side
Hey, just some simple questions. In tranditional ASP, I can easyly get data from client side script simply by place data in <input type="hidden"> tag...and get it back by request.form() on the server side. And what will be the possible way to achieve this without using cookies?? There is a Request.Form() in ASP.net, how ever how can I post client side data back...what what is the action target? webapplication.asp...???? Thanks for your help, Lin. So what is wrong with this approach in ASP.NET?Leon LangleybenMCSD, ASP.NET MVPBlog Dear Lin, You a...

Passing Server Side Control to Client Side Script
Hi All, I have an asp:DropDownList and an asp:TextBox on my form. I want to disable or enable the textbox depending on the selection in the dropdown. I am using master pages and the problem is that when I use the onChange event for the dropdown on the client side, I don't know the ID of the the textbox on the client side to disable or enable it.  How can something like this be done? Thanks,AKA You can use the ClientID property of a control to determine the ID, something like:  <script type="text/javascript"> function ShowMeTheID(){ alert('...

passing client side variable value to server side
 i have a grid and  by click on the rows, the onrowclick event is fired on client side. I want to pass the row index to the server side. As there are not sessions variables in javascript so i am stuck to pass the row to the server side.. I have made a texbox and set its valueto the index in the onrowclick event but when refresh calls, the text box became empty as the value set is on client side, i want page to persistthe value,  How can i do that? Tel me some way passing the row index to the server side?? Hi, You can call GridView_SelectedIndexChanging event on row click ev...

Passing random array data from server-side to client-side
Hi,   I have encountered a problem with the following codes. I want to display the list of results (random arrays) in a textbox or label. But however, it cannot displayed the 3 random values at one time, instead it can only displayed one value at a time. When I tested out using reponse.write, there is no such error. I want to do this because I want to pass the array data from server side to the client side for other purpose. Can someone please help?? Thanks!Dim dataX(3) As Double Dim dataY(3) As Double For i As Integer = 0 To 2 Randomize() dataX(i) = Int((Rnd() * 25) + 1) da...

How to pass param values from server side to client side scripts
Hi, I have a page containing a datagrid with a list of geographic positions of interesting places. Users can filter this grid. Clicking an item the system displays the place on a map using MS Virtual Earth map component that exposes a client side javascript api. My problem is that the filtering is done on server side, but the map runs on client side. So during page load, I need to create long strings containing complex javascript codes on the server side, and add it as an event handler attribute to my components. This causes a lot of problems, for exemple...

Web resources about - Problem in passing Listbox items from Client Side to Server Side - asp.net.web-forms

Scientists say they can get spacecraft to Mars in 3 days using lasers but there's one big problem
VIDEO: Recently, a team of scientists led by Philip Lubin announced with NASA that they are working on developing technology that would enable ...

Warnings about problem-plagued digitisation of WA hospitals 'ignored', technology experts say
Technology experts say a plan to digitise hospitals was destined to fall short, and their warnings were ignored.

Everything you need to know about Windows 10: product keys, secret tools, essential hacks, and problem ...
... want to look up your Windows 10 product key before you reinstall. But that's just the start; read on to learn tips, tweaks, hacks, and problem ...

A graphic depiction of the problem John Kasich has right now.
I'm watching the Sunday morning shows, and I thought John Kasich gave a great interview on "State of the Union with Jake Tapper." I jumped out ...

Trump: GOP Pledge a ‘Two Way Street,’ If It’s Not ‘They’re Going to Have a ‘Big Problem’
Trump: GOP Pledge a 'Two Way Street,' If It's Not 'They're Going to Have a 'Big Problem'

Scientists say they can get spacecraft to Mars in 3 days using lasers — but there’s one big problem
Recently, a team of scientists led by Philip Lubin announced with NASA that they are working on developing technology that would enable trips ...

February 2016: Unofficial Problem Bank list declines to 228 Institutions
This is an unofficial list of Problem Banks compiled only from public sources. Here is the unofficial problem bank list for February 2016. Changes ...

Successful Snake Hunt Shines Light On Florida’s Python Problem
After a monthlong snake hunt, the 106 Burmese pythons captured in Florida may not put a dent in the invasive species' growing numbers, but wildlife ...