Proble in displaying/controling the progress bar(.gif image) on one page from another page of content type ms-excel

I want to display the progress bar (a type of .gif image) on a page and control it from another page which is of content type - msexcel.

Scenario is like:

Suppose there are two pages Page1 & Page2. Page1 is a normal web form having a button and a progress bar(. gif image).

Page2 is a web form whose content type defined as MSEXCEL, which open the excel application, fill the data and send it to client.

i.e. Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel";

functionality is like when i click on the button of Page1, it internally redirect to Page2 and after processing, the client see only the pop up of Open/Save excel report.

Problem is that when i clicked on button, the progress bar appears and excel gets generated but it doesn't disappear after generating the excel.

I cann't control the progres bar (even any control of page1) from Page2, after the excel report generated or i can say Page1 does not reload after generating the excel from Page2.

I think application loose the control to excel pop up.

Please suggest that is it possible or not? if yes then how.

0
amit_ce

kmusaied

How to databind control in one web page from another web page
Hi all,  I have a listbox control and a button control in a web page. Once the user clicks the button another web page is opened. The new web page will accept some data from the user which will be used to databind the listbox in the first web page. In other words, the two web pages ( the parent window and the child window) are open at the same time. The child page needs to databind a control in the parent page. Is there a way to do it? I need some code. Thx in advance Update: I hate to do this. Looks like I will have to take help of viewstate and session si...

how to navigate the url page in one web application page to another web application page
In my project one solution have 2 web apllications in one folder.like 1.webapplication1 2.webapplication2. in firt webapplication1 i created one aspx page like sample.axpx. in second webapplication2 i created one aspx page like sample2.aspx... in sample2.aspx page have hyperlinl. I need to navigate this hyperlink when i click it go to the sample.axpx. how can i write navigate url for this...help me. ..thanks  As i understand u, you need Multi Project soltuionsee this link, http://community.rainbowportal.net/blogs/jonathans_rainbow_blog/archive/2006/02/19...

Display content of textbox from one page in a label on another page
Can anyone point me in the right direction to learn how to take the text that a user enters in a textbox on one page, and display it in a label on another page. The user will be clicking a button to post the information they just entered on the second web page. Thanks in advance.   kruch I think you could use: TextBox TextBox1 = ( TextBox ) Page.PreviousPage.FindControl ( "TextBox1" ) ;...

How to open another web page from one web page
Hi, I am writing an asp.net(C#) 2.0 web page with a link to another web page by clicking a button control on the page, so how can I link it in the codes? I cannot access another aspx page class within the current aspx page class.  Thanks If you need to re-direct the user to another page after pressing your Button, then use the Response.Write method like so: Response.Redirect("~/Default.aspx")Thanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET 1) Response.Redirect( "Destination PageName");2) Response.Transfer("Destination PageName");3) Hyperlink(  set Url="...

convertion from page to content page or from user control to content page
Hi, I have converted an asp.net 1.1 application to 2.0.  Now what I am looking for some enhancement.  I added a master page and now I want to add other pages as content pages. but those pages which I am converting into content have some user control. Now either I can convert those user control to content pages ( which i want to look for if it is possible),  Or I am thinking i shouldn't convert those user control to content pages cause they might be just good. So looking for some of those people opinion who have worked through this so can I get opinion here please.thanks&nb...

Is it possible to embed part of one web page into another web page?
Any answers will be highly appreciated.  Thanks. If you can adjust the page you want to embed onto the other page, you could use a .ascx (web forms control).  Then you can add controls to it and just drag and drop it using VS.NET from the Solution Explorer window to the webform.  You can then also embed it onto other pages in that same web project easily by drag n drop.  I hope this helps, it's not exactly a portion of a web page but may be an acceptable alternative for you.Rachel AppelMVP - ASPInsider In order to better answer this, I could use some details as ...

how can you display another web site's web page in your web page without leaving your site
Can you display another web site's web page in your web page without leaving your site? I know you could use a frameset with .asp, but it looks like Visual Web Delevoper 2005 does not have any controls to setup a frameset. Any help, that would point me in the right direction would be great. Thanks Patrick     With screen scraping 4GuysFromRolla.Com: Screen Scrapes in ASP.NEThttp://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/070601-1.shtmlThanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU Thank you. This information was a great help!!! Thanks again Patrick...

A page can have only one server-side Form tag
I have a web user control in my web page.  The user control (ascx) consist of a text box and button. The web page consist of text boxes and buttons also.  Both pages have form tags with runat=server.  When I run the web page it comes up with the error "A page can have only one server-side Form tag." Both the user control and web page need the form tag with runat=server.  Is there a way I can code these pages where there won't be a conflict between the web user control and the web page? Thanks   JohnMo wrote:Both the user control and web page need the form tag wit...

Postback of one frame in response to click of a image button in another frame in the same page(Note:-Both frames there are 2 different aspx page but in a same page page using 2 frames)
Hi all, I am having a C# coded page with 2 different frames in it.This 2 frames contain each an aspx file.So the functionality am trying is I have image buttons in one frame .So when i click that image button the other frame i have should load with a specified image in it. I tried redirecting it but that happens only in the first frame where the image buttons are.Resulted in showing the 2 frames in the first frame. I am stuck in this for almost a day.Please can anyone help regarding this?. Regards, Joseph look into the Target attribute of the anchor: for example: <a h...

Problem to use TreeView Control in a 'content page' This Error Occur "Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls."
hi I am trying to use the TreeView Control inside the content page (Page that has a master page is a content page). On compiling the project I got the following ASP.Net runtime error: "Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls."B@b@R J Issue resolved. I was putting script tag in the content page that is not allowed. when remove the script from content page problem is resolved.B@b@R J...

Affecting a control on one page from another page
I have a page that is launched using showModalDialog, and I would like to change an HtmlInputCheckBox on the parent page when an event on the modal page is fired (in the code-behind).  Is this possible, and if so, how?  I've tried using Response.Write("<script>self.opener.document.forms[0].ApplyPhaseIn.checked=false;</script>") but this doesn't work, and I'm not sure how else to handle it.  Any suggestion would be welcome.     No, this==> self.opener.document.forms[0].ApplyPhaseIn.checked=false; you have to p...

Web resources about - Proble in displaying/controling the progress bar(.gif image) on one page from another page of content type ms-excel - asp.net.web-forms

List of mammals displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For these mammals, there is documented evidence of homosexual behavior of one or more of the following kinds: sexual behavior , courtship , affection ...

Facebook Displaying Page Insights On Page Admins’ Personal Pages?
Some Facebook page administrators are seeing modules on their personal pages displaying page insights ad, campaign , and like totals for pages ...

Facebook Displaying Unread Messages from Pages in a New Updates Module
Facebook is displaying a new “Updates” sidebar module which shows some users unread messages sent to them by Pages. Users will see the Updates ...

Don Lemon Holds Up Sign Displaying the N-Word, Uncensored, on Air CNN Live - YouTube
Don Lemon Holds Up Sign Displaying the N-Word, Uncensored, on Air Lemon held up a Confederate flag first before holding up the sign. He asked, ...

Hazelwood coal mine fire: Morwell residents displaying symptoms similar to cigarette smokers, expert ...
An expert says some locals near Victoria's Hazelwood mine fire have symptoms similar to cigarette smokers.

Police accused of displaying fake G20 weapons
Toronto's top police officer misled the public by displaying fake weapons used in a medieval-themed role-playing game to help justify their actions ...

No charges for U.S. host for displaying high-capacity magazine on TV
NBC television journalist David Gregory won't face charges for displaying a high-capacity ammunition magazine on his "Meet the Press" news program ...

Jays' Escobar suspended three games for displaying slur
Toronto Blue Jays shortstop Yunel Escobar has been suspended three games for displaying a homophobic slur on his eye-black during a game on Saturday. ...

Google Play Store now displaying age-based ratings
We reported back in May that Google was adding age-based ratings to all apps in the Play Store as determined by the International Age Rating ...

Apple displaying Ferraris & other cars at WWDC hinting at CarPlay announcements
... 2014 Filed under: AAPL Company , iOS Continue reading more about AAPL Company and iOS at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple displaying ...