Print page function in VB .net

Hi

I am new in asp.net, and I am having a hard time figuring out how to print a page when clicking on a button.
I know I have to use the printdocument class, but it is a bit confusing the training material on-line.
Can somebody explain to me how to make such a print function on a page, and post an example???
Would really appreciate it!
0
jevver

You need to use Javascript, because the web page is on the client with no connection to the server while the user is actually browsing the page.  Here is a link to an FAQ on printing in JavaScript.
Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:
Programming Microsoft Web Forms
My Blog
0
douglas

Both C# ASPX pages and VB.NET ASPX in single VB.NET Web Applcation Template
Hi.. Is it possible to have both c# pages and VB pages in same Webapplication, what i chose is VB.NET Web application Template. With Thanks, Jaya.... I don't see why you couldn't, but for the sake of consistency I don't know why you would want to do this. When you choose a C# or VB.NET application template(I'm assuming you're using VS or WebMatrix), it simply creates a .aspx file that includes a page directive that specifies the page language. If you created a C# template but want to use VB.Net instead, you need to go from: <%@ Page Language="C#" .... to...

Print button on vb.net web page
I have a form on a aspx page and when they click the print button the button click event I am trying to get the Print properties box comes up for them to print.  Does anyone have any code examples of how to do this. Hi,on your page you can place this code:<input type="button" value="Print page..." onclick="window.print();" /> Grz, Kris. Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. Add following code to your Button click event..  String s= "<script language=&...

Functions in Web Pages using VB.NET
Does anyone know where to place a FUNCTION with WEB Programming using VB.NET code behind? For example, if I have 4 ASPX pages and will use the same function, where or what part of the web page can I place this function or do I need to have that function in each of the ASPX page? Unlike in a COM program using VB.NET, that function would most probably reside in the MODULE and any VB.NET form can easily call it. TIF you can put it in a class***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** Thanks....

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

Accessing a method within a class VB.NET from a Web Form page.
 I got the following class within my App_Code folder under a file called DataAccess.vb: Namespace CircaComArtAccess Public Class ComArtData Private _connstr As String = System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("ESQLConn").ConnectionString() Public Sub ComArtGrid(ByVal procedurename As String, _ ByVal parameters() As SqlParameter, _ ByVal gridname As ComponentArt.Web.UI.Grid, _ ByVal e As ComponentArt.Web.UI.CallBackEventArgs, _ Optional ByVal commandtype As CommandType = 1 _ ) Dim SQLConn As SqlConnection...

Acessing variables, objects and functions from javascript to VB .NET Web Forms
I have included some javascript files in my vb.net application. I want to access the variables, objects and functions of Javascript to the VB.NET Web Forms, which means that I want to transfer the methods from Javascript to the code-behind in a web form. How do I do this? Can anybody help me with some sample codes...thanks in advance . you can't pass javascript variables (client side) to code-behind (server side). you can however put your variables into hidden input fields then access those input fields from code-behind. or use ajax I think the only way to do this is...

I have a web site in vb.net 2003 that I what to convert to vb.net 2005. I open my web site in the visual studio 2005 by Local IIS option. I follow the steps of the visual studio conversion wizard.In the conversion report I received the following warning 'Referencepath' settings have not been converted.  Can anyone tell what I have to do to make this warning disappear? Best regards,Sérgio 'Referencepath'  is a property you can set with with VS2003 project file, sothat when ever you to do Add reference this path is serached for class libraries.  We do not  have that ...

Paging in AP.NET/VB.NET
Hi All, Well... a simple problem perhaps regarding paging in an asp.net application using vb.net. I have a datagrid named dgResult and being trying to implement paging on it.  Following is the code to capture the PageIndexChanged event. Sub dgResult_PageIndexChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DataGridPageChangedEventArgs) Handles dgResult.PageIndexChanged dgResult.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex GetProperData() End Sub I have a break point at dgResult.Curre.... position.  The datagrid, just do not accept the method and I can not event trap the event using a break ...

Acessing variables,arrays, objects and functions from javascript to VB .NET Web Forms
I have a textbox where user can put data.I store data into an array .I did this with java script.now i want to acess the array from the Codebehind  in vb.net web pages.here is the codefunction MakeArray( n ) { if( n <= 0 ) { this.length = 0; return this; } this.length = n; for( var i = 1; i <= n; i++ ) { this[ i ] = 0; } return this; } var Form1 = new MakeArray( 25 ); var index = 0; var cmmnd = 1; function f_store( sTR ) { var i; if( index >= Form1.length ) { for( i = 1; i < Form1.length; i++ ) Form1[i-1] = Form1; index = Form1.length - 1; } Form1[ index ] = cmmnd + ":" + sT...

convert c#.net page to vb.net
ok I have an entire page in vb.net and now I want to integrate some code from another page but it written in c#.net what is the easiest way to convert c#.net to vb.net I tried using www.kamalpatel.net/ConvertCSharp2VB.aspx but it only gave me errors here is what I am trying to convert let me know if you have any ideas http://www.nomorepasting.com/paste.php?pasteID=20953 With Alex Lowe's translator ' Messages Private NoFileMessage As String = "No file selected" Private UploadSuccessMessage As String = "Uploaded Sucess" Private NoImagesMessag...

to print a form in vb.net
hi i want to know how to print an output form....

Web resources about - Print page function in VB .net - asp.net.web-forms

Talk:Trigonometric functions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Mathematics , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Mathematics on Wikipedia. If ...

TV binging, exercise skipping linked to poor cognitive function
Bad habits early in life may affect brain power later, researchers suggest.

iPhone best tricks and functions - Business Insider
Your iPhone can do a lot more than you think.

Review: HP Spectre 360 A Perfect Mix Of Style, Form, Function
HP Inc. delivers a brushed-aluminum laptop with a new 6th Generation Intel i7 processor, making it one of the best-looking, best-priced and best-performing ...

HPE Offers Catalog of Virtual Network Functions for Telcos
The vendor's OpenNFV Solution Portal gives carriers a single place to find a range of VNFs that are pre-tested to run on their networks.

Why Global Corporations Need To Redesign Their Strategic Planning Function
Corporate strategy teams play an important role in guiding business leaders to make smarter, better and more informed decisions, especially in ...

Code Craft – Embedding C++: Timing Virtual Functions
... compiler just like the standard language types. A subtype inherits the characteristics of its parent type and can use, or not, the member functions ...

Political row over omitting Kerala CM from PM Modi’s function
Kerala chief minister Oommen Chandy on Saturday decided to keep away from Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s function in Kollam in south Kerala after ...

Colorado governor: This Planned Parenthood shooting may be a function of inflammatory rhetoric from bloggers ...
Via Grabien , skip to 4:45 of the clip below for the key bit. I naively thought we were (mostly) done with “climate of hate” stupidity after ...

Surprise: Binge-Watching TV May Cause a Decline in Brain Function
With the second season of Transparent only a few days away, some bad news awaits us: According to a recent study and common sense, probably, ...