Please help me with a form/calculator that I cant get to work.

Hello, I am new here, and have come in desparation. I am rebuilding a site for a friend, they wanted it to be a copy of their original site but under their own web address. My problem is I have absolutely no idea how to get the fee calculator to work, all the rest of the site is complete.

Here is the original site with the fee calculator on it: http://www.prophetdatasystems.com.au/regent/FeeCalc.asp

and here is the newer version of the site: http://www.regentsettlements.com.au/feecalculator.html

I realise I will have to change the file extension of my page to .asp, but thats about all I know.

Please can someone tell me how I get that fee calculator to work on the version of the site I have built???????? It isnt possible to ask the original builder of the site as he is no longe with us, which is why the site owners wanted the site copying as an emotional tribute to him.

Thank you if you are able to help

0
becky

I guess the only thing I need to know is the address of the page that does the calculation, but I dont know how to find out. Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaase anyone?
0
becky
8/3/2006 5:39:45 AM

HI Becky,

Both the files are pointing to the same location actually. The HTML file and ASP file has a form within the HTML file. The action attribute of the form is assigned to http://www.prophetdatasystems.com.au/regent/FeeCalc.asp. Hence if you are clicking on the recalculate button, the textfield parameters are called by the FreeCalc.asp file and the calculation is done. If the field is empty it waits for the user to input the values.

What excatly are you trying to do. Do you want to have the entire page copied to a different site. I was unable to correctly get your problem, but wanted to let you konw that both the files do the same job.

The HTML file has action as the freecalc.asp page. while the asp page does the calculation within the document load I guess.

Hope this helps.

Vincent

0
vincentt
8/3/2006 11:29:34 AM

Hi Vincent and thank you so much for your reply. As you can see I have taken the old site updated it and changed it and put it on a new server, unfortunately as the guy that built the older version of the site has tragically died, nobody knows how to get the fee calculator page to work.

I actually want that exact page that is stored on the old site to be on the new site, however when I enter the calculations into the calculator on the new site it comes up with the answer but reverts back to the old site to provide that answer...........obviously we need the answer to appear on the regentsettlements.feecalculator page. Hope that makes sense. The best way to do it is simply have a go, and see what happens then you will understand the prob better.

Typing in a number here http://www.regentsettlements.com.au/feecalculator.html provides an answer here http://www.prophetdatasystems.com.au/regent/FeeCalc.asp but I need the answer to come up on the original page it was typed in on. Thanks so far, you seem to understand the problem, I really hope you can get it to work.

0
becky
8/3/2006 11:49:06 AM
Well, like Vincentt said, the Form in you html file is posting to http://www.prophetdatasystems.com.au/regent/FeeCalc.asp which is where your problem lies.  It needs to point to the new location instead.  You can't just point it to the new HTML file though.  I think you have a slightly larger problem.  I don't know how you transferred your files over but you can't just do a "file->save as" from Internet explorer and then host the new html file in your new location.  That is just the html file generated by the server after running some server side logic.  I think in a way you are lucky in that there is not more logic involved with your site.

Your best bet, if you don't have access to the original source anymore, is to just rewrite the FeeCalc for your new site.  It doesn't seem to be too involved and could probably be written in javascript where the calculation could be performed on the client side, so you could keep all of your html files.

In the original site, I see that there is some html commented out untill discussion over whether a user can login or not is finished.  If you want to implement something like this you are going to have to switch to designing your site in ASP, PHP, or JSP.
0
D_Stevens
8/3/2006 1:36:57 PM
Thank you. I am really new to this, and am still learning DW at college, consequently I have only built three or four very simple sites for friends to date, when I was asked to rewrite this site I thought it was pretty straight forward, as indeed it was all except the fee calc part. I literally havent got a clue how to do this, and would desparately like someone to write it for me, I am even happy to pay someone, I simply dont know where to look. So if any of you can do it I would be eternally grateful.
0
becky
8/3/2006 2:13:34 PM

HI Becky,

I must go with D_stevens, I understand your problem now better.

You will have to recode the .asp page. What is the calculation like. If you have the calculation parameters, pass it to us, we will help you form the asp code for you.

But if not then we will hve to try out with a series of inputs and try and deduce the formula. Is there any way you can get hold of the original .asp files that are hosted on the the original site. If yes you are lucky, if no, then you will have to recode.

I will in the meanwhile try and access this site - http://www.prophetdatasystems.com.au/regent/FeeCalc.asp and work on what is the logic for the same. Let me see if I can help you Becky.

Vincent

0
vincentt
8/4/2006 12:49:02 PM

THANK YOU BOTH. The only things I have been given are the old site address as quoted above, and this list of numbers for the calculation. (as below) As previously mentioned I cannot do asp at all, simple as that, I havent a clue where to start, which is why I hoped some generous person would come to my rescue. I thought all the code could simply be retrieved from the original server, but didnt know how to do that myself, despite several tries. If either of you are able to work out how these numbers can be configured to work in exactly the same way as the feecalc does on the original site, I will be eternally grateful, and even if you cant, thanks ever so much for even trying and for caring. :)

Questions you need to ask

Strata Y/N                                                        (Seller & Buyer Settlement Fees)

Purchase Price

Will you reside Y/N ?                (Stamp Duty)

First-Home Buyer Y/N ?                       (Stamp Duty)

Vacant Land Y/N ?                               (Stamp Duty)

Assumptions

  • The buyer is not a company

Items Calculated

  • Stamp Duty
  • Transfer Fee
  • Fee: Seller
  • Fee: Buyer

(GST included where applicable)

Calculation for Stamp Duty – Full Rate

First, round Purchase price up to the next $100.

      Up to    $80,000               2.00%

 $80,001 to   $100,000   $1,600.00 + 3.00%

$100,001 to   $250,000   $2,200.00 + 4.00%

$250,001 to   $500,000   $8,200.00 + 5.00%

$500,001 and higher     $20,700.00 + 5.40%

Calculation for Stamp Duty – Concessional

Applies only when the Buyer will reside & Purchase Price below $200,000.01

The Buyer must not be a company.

      Up to   $100,000               1.50%

$100,001 to   $200,000   $1,500.00 + 4.70%

Calculation for Stamp Duty (First-Home Owner – Property)

Applies to First-Home Buyers who will reside & Purchase Price below $350,000.01

      Up to   $250,000   Nil

   $250,001 to   $350,000   $13.20 per $100

Calculation for Stamp Duty (First-Home Owner – Vacant Land)

Applies to First-Home Buyers who will reside & Purchase Price below $200,000.01

      Up to   $150,000   Nil

$150,001 to   $200,000   $12.40 per $100

Calculation for Transfer (Registration) Fee

        Up to    $85,000   $ 82.00

   $85,001 to   $120,000   $ 92.00

  $120,001 to   $200,000   $112.00

  $200,001 and higher      $112.00+$20.00

                           per   $100,000

                           above $200,000

Calculation for Seller’s Settlement Fees

        Up to    $25,000   $346.00

   $25,001 to   $150,000   $346.00 + 0.176%

  $150,001 to   $500,000   $566.00 + 0.143%

  $500,001 to $1,000,000 $1,066.50 + 0.110%

$1,000,001 and higher    $1,616.50 + 0.077%

(add $55.00 to Fee, if Strata Titled)

Calculation for Buyer’s Settlement Fees

        Up to    $25,000   $519.00

   $25,001 to   $150,000   $519.00 + 0.264%

  $150,001 to   $500,000   $849.00 + 0.220%

  $500,001 to $1,000,000 $1,619.00 + 0.165%

$1,000,001 and higher    $2,444.00 + 0.110%

(add $110.0 to Fee, if Strata Titled)

0
becky

I cannot get my C#.NET Email Form to work on Godaddy hosting account. Please Help!!!!
Hello;   I have created a contact us page and I am using .NET Mail classes to send the form via email. However I keep getting this error when I upload my info to the hosting server... Request for the permission of type 'System.Net.Mail.SmtpPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed. Oh and yes, it wont send any emails. here is my code... using System; using System.Data; using System.Configuration; using System.Collections; using System.Web; using System.Web.Security; using System.Web.UI; using System.Web.UI.Web...

Need help getting a form to work please
Hi,I am essentially a comnplete novice at web programming - I am building a website using a template downloaded from MS as a starting point and then playing with the html and css until it works as I want it!I am trying to integrate RomanCart into a website I am bulding with Visual Studio Express.The theory is that having created some product info on the online cart, it generates some code that I can simply cut and paste into my website.My problem appears to be that it generates an html form and the application I am building is a .aspx app that needs me to have server side code to generate ...

Please Help!! web parts and .net forms
This is a two part question. 1. i have a simple .net form that captures users input and i want to post to another form to show users input and data from a database into a data grid. In keep posting back to the first form. I have action and method set correctly on my first form, no idea why it post to same form. i even have a response.redirect in the click event of the button on the first form. 2. Does anyone know of any good site/web cast that step you through a basic web part for sharepoint 2007 i am using both visual studio 2005 and 2008. I heard that it is like a 12 step ...

Shell not working in web form but working with windows forms.
Hi! I want to run some exe files (Exa: Internet explorer) using shell command in asp.net. Its not working if its a web form. But working fine with a windows form. Pls. extend ur help. Thanx. What are you expecting to happen? How are you trying to run the exe files? Where do you expect it to run? Anything run through server side code will run on the server, and in an invisible window, at that. The program will run under the security context of the ASPNET user by default, and so likely will not have the proper authority to do much of what you want, unless you midify its rights...

Please help updatae to database not working... Oracle and web form
I am very frustrated with my code for updating an oracle database it is coming up witht hte error of  ORA-01008: not all variables boundI have deleted my other parameters for updating to see if I can pin oint the issue and now I am down to one parameter in the update and it still has the error when trying to executenonquery... Please help I figured it out I used the wrong provider.... in my connection...

Desperate Visual Studio .NET problem with Web Forms, please help
Hi, I've posted in the past about this problem and got no response, but now I'm desperate so have to try again. In Visual Studio .NET 2003, with .NET Framework 1.1, all web form controls (in fact all controls in the toolbar) are disabled. I create a webform.aspx page, I am in design view, but when I go to the "web forms" toolbar, I cannot drag anything to the page. I solved this last time by completely wiping my drive and spending three days reinstalling and updating everything. Everything in Visual Studio worked as expected for a few days, and now yet again everything is disabled. Can s...

VS.NET Web App messing up form authentication? Help, please?
Does anyone know of any problems with creating a VS.NET Web App in a forms authenticated subfolder? I created a Web App "pics" with VS.NET as a subfolder of wwwroot, and the Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER") is always blank on all the pages in this subfolder wwwroot/pics. I deleted the VS.NET premade Web.Config file so that there is only the one file at wwwroot, but that didn’t help. Are there any other files created by VS.NET that could be messing this up? I made other ASPX subfolders outside of VS.NET and they all continue the session just fine, it's like this ...

Funny character being added instead of spaces in .net web forms...please help

windows forms in vb .net into web forms

getting values from a web form to windows form
Hot Requirement ..... Is there any possible of getting values from a web form to windows form ????? Yes One way i to use the WebRequest and WebResponse classes of the System.Net namespace. For example:  WebRequest request = WebRequest.Create("URL of the web page); WebResponse response = request.GetResponse(); StreamReader reader = new StreamReader(response.GetResponseStream()); string content = reader.ReadLine(); ....    Reza Nassabehwww.professionalcsharp.comDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way fut...

Web forms and mobile web forms

Help with web form please
Hello everyone. From a current web form I need to open another web form using a button.Please tell me what I should use to perform it.I'm programming in C# Thanks a lot. My best regards to use a text/image link you would use:<a href="MyNewForm.ASPX" target="_blank">Open New Web Form</a>--------------------------------------------------------Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post(s) that helped you.NHibernate with ASP.net Problem-Design-Solution sample applicationScott ASP.net blog http://www.pageresource.com/jscript/jwinope...

Web resources about - Please help me with a form/calculator that I cant get to work. - asp.net.web-forms

Calculator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For mechanical precursors to the modern calculator, see Mechanical calculator . For other uses, see Calculator (disambiguation) . An electronic ...

Calculator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For mechanical precursors to the modern calculator, see Mechanical calculator . For other uses, see Calculator (disambiguation) . An electronic ...

Syncapse Offers 2013 Facebook Advertising Spend Calculator
... management platform Syncapse introduced a tool to help Facebook page administrators do just that: the 2013 Facebook Advertising Spend Calculator ...

Jumbo Calculator for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Jumbo Calculator on the App Store. Download Jumbo Calculator and enjoy ...

Calculator: How much will you need to save for a house now?
Minimum down payments are going up on homes priced above $500,000 in February. See how much buyers will have to save to meet the new requirements. ...

Atlas Value Calculator: Analyze Campaigns’ Efficiency
Atlas Value Calculator: Analyze Campaigns’ Efficiency

Today’s apps gone free: Calculator, Commander Compass, Say and Go and more
... and leaderboards via Game Center. Chain3D is available for free for a limited time. It has a 4-star rating with a total of 125 ratings. Calculator ...

Price Drop: Archimedes Calculator
Archimedes Calculator 3.2 Device: iOS Universal Category: Education Price: Free, Version: 3.2 ( iTunes ) Description: Archimedes is the scientific ...

Free, open-source mod lets TI graphing calculator make sweet 1-bit music
You really should watch this video. It's awesome. The humble Texas Instruments graphing pocket calculator has seen its fair share of mods over ...

Kalkules is a scientific calculator anyone can use
If you’re not mathematically inclined then it’s easy to assume that scientific calculators are too complex, out of your reach, not something ...